How much crazier can it get!

The other Bellboy

18 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Weather , it's been great the past few years..

what we need is  few festivals with the weather of 04,05 and 07. this would see ticket sales drop . weather wise they were terrible, granted 2005 was only bad for on the Thursday but the rain was biblical .

I know it didn't rain the whole time in 2016, but to categorise it as "great" seems a little off the mark :lol:

• Upvote 1

Something not mentioned often is that 2009 actually took longer to sell out than 2008.

2008 didn’t sell out until one day before the festival, but tickets only went on sale in April. In 2009, deposits were on sale in October but didn’t sell out until February. 

41 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Something not mentioned often is that 2009 actually took longer to sell out than 2008.

2008 didn’t sell out until one day before the festival, but tickets only went on sale in April. In 2009, deposits were on sale in October but didn’t sell out until February. 

2009 was still on sale until April/May as we were trying to persuade one of our mates to come and tickets kept being available.

3 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Not sure I'd take bad weather for an easier ticket sale...2016 was really really tough!

2016 was a breeze

so much so,  I have no memory of it... who played?

Edited by shuttlep
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It definitely initially sold out as there was a resale on 5th April, there would be no need for a resale if they were still available.

I think they might just have been continuous tickets that kept being on sale every week (so secret resales if you wish). Definitely the case we could have got that extra ticket though close to the festival.

Just now, ledwards said:

Am I right in thinking that the festivals capacity is the same size every year as per the license? Or does in increase slightly every year?

The number of public tickets on sale has been static since the last increase in 2007.

The number of non-public tickets has gradually risen a bit since then.

51 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

This definitely says more about your own intoxication level than the state of the weather ?

Just checked it was the Muse Adele year. I think that was quite a nice year really weather wise. I don;t seem to remember  it being bad, i know i didn't watch Adele or Muse. 

not really sure where i was, which can be said for most years

I'm not convinced it was that much more difficult this year to get tickets. IMO it was much more difficult in 2013. We usually have 6 or 7 groups to get tickets for, this year only 1 group missed out - in 2013 NONE of our groups got tickets. This year I got through on the website on 2 different devices, i've never got through before myself since they started the October dash. Maybe by some stroke of coincidence the more vocal people who attend these forums missed out a and instead a load of other less vocal people who don't belong to efests or glasto chat didn't.

Re CV tickets. I think the issues of buying them are due to people who didn't get GA tickets also trying for them hoping they are successful in the resale. Essentially creating double the demand than can actually be satisfied.

Edited by Johnnyseven

26 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Re CV tickets. I think the issues of buying them are due to people who didn't get GA tickets also trying for them hoping they are successful in the resale. Essentially creating double the demand than can actually be satisfied.

This is what we have done (by using someones details who has a ticket) and if we get resale tickets or sorted out another way, then they will travel in with us on the Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

Just checked it was the Muse Adele year. I think that was quite a nice year really weather wise. I don;t seem to remember  it being bad, i know i didn't watch Adele or Muse. 

not really sure where i was, which can be said for most years

lol yes, the year of the intense crazy mud....if you don't remember it I think we can safely assume it is just because you were having a superbly great time :)

2 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I'm not convinced it was that much more difficult this year to get tickets. IMO it was much more difficult in 2013. We usually have 6 or 7 groups to get tickets for, this year only 1 group missed out - in 2013 NONE of our groups got tickets. This year I got through on the website on 2 different devices, i've never got through before myself since they started the October dash. Maybe by some stroke of coincidence the more vocal people who attend these forums missed out a and instead a load of other less vocal people who don't belong to efests or glasto chat didn't.

Really this shouldn't be allowed to happen

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Having got lucky this year by a kind person on here, I am ecstatic and enjoying everything about the build up to June 2019.  But at the back of my mind, I am also thinking that I can't continue to get lucky.  And if I don't get a ticket for 2020, whilst I will be gutted, I will look into what other festival to try and grin and bear it.  In that respect, it's almost a dilemma to know there is the April resale, because you don't know whether to go for other tickets or hang on in there and see if you can get them later.  Obviously it's always the latter.

15 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

Really this shouldn't be allowed to happen

What? People pre-planning ahead and being hopeful in the resales or secret sales (or getting a ticket by other means)?

Hardly in the Glasto spirit is it, it's not as if they can be sold on as the friend who buys it needs to travel in then with a stranger... 

Hence why they can be returned to the festival, and loose a £10 admin fee!

• Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

What? People pre-planning ahead and being hopeful in the resales or secret sales (or getting a ticket by other means)?

Hardly in the Glasto spirit is it, it's not as if they can be sold on as the friend who buys it needs to travel in then with a stranger... 

On the other side of the coin, there are people who already have tickets who were unable to buy campervan tickets as they had sold out.

• Downvote 1

The fast campervan sales are particularly surprising as there's at least 50% more space this year with Bath & West right? I was actually really surprised even those went quickly (a shuttle ride in and out sounds appalling to me).

Will we see more tickets back in the resale pot from those who failed to get campervans?

The other thing is, this is also sort of needed as camping fields are filling quicker and quicker as people bring larger and larger tents / more stuff. We've seen numbers stay the same while glamping and campervans go up, but camping fields get more and more full. I do wonder if the festival has overflow emergency camping for if the fields fill up too much.

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

If you don't have a ticket for the festival itself then no sorry you shouldn't get a cv ticket until you have one otherwise your taking it away from someone who does have a ticket in the small hope your get it in the resale. Here's a idea why don't you buy both tickets in resale instead of letting someone with a ticket spend the next 6 months fretting about getting a cv ticket. Also can you explain to me your definition of Glastonbury spirit in this instance?

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

If you don't have a ticket for the festival itself then no sorry you shouldn't get a cv ticket until you have one otherwise your taking it away from someone who does have a ticket in the small hope your get it in the resale. Here's a idea why don't you buy both tickets in resale instead of letting someone with a ticket spend the next 6 months fretting about getting a cv ticket. Also can you explain to me your definition of Glastonbury spirit in this instance?

won't those caravan tickets get to someone that wants them in the end anyway ? maybe less fretting but we all fret about different things in the lead up anyway ... and there are other options although maybe not quite so comfortable 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

won't those caravan tickets get to someone that wants them in the end anyway ? maybe less fretting but we all fret about different things in the lead up anyway ... and there are other options although maybe not quite so comfortable 

Possibly after a mad scramble come April. I just don't get why you'd get 1 before you actually have a ticket. Just seems a touch selfish to me 

17 hours ago, Sasperella said:

lol yes, the year of the intense crazy mud....if you don't remember it I think we can safely assume it is just because you were having a superbly great time :)

hahahaha more than likely , but after 04,05 and 07 where it rained and rained and rained, and maybe  around 2011 i remember being sat in a tent for hours as it lashed down. 2016 doesn't stand out that much . 2006 Bestival it rained for 5 days straight horrid times.