Roll up Roll up, who's in CV East?

H.M.V

5 hours ago, H.M.V said:

First time in camper fields. Much excited and wondering who else is over in East next year? Really looking forward to sampling the delights of having a drink once we set up on the Tuesday and watching the site get busy. It's gonna be a new experience. 

Who's joining us for cocktails? :D 

We have East (quiet) and will be looking to arrive early afternoon on Tuesday after rendezvous with crew on A303...

nothing sweeter than the Tuesday night drinks and sitting up on top of the hill overlooking the site...

FB331641-CF7B-458D-A43A-D9CCFEF54B20.thumb.jpeg.f45ceb8248d73e0b3c6595f61332b81f.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Tip for the CV newbies out there... 

unlike when you stay onsite and you don’t have to get your ticket out for the remainder of the week, in the CV fields you need to show it every time you enter and exit.. this creates risk for losing when off ones face.. (as happened to my daughters bf..).. this leads to a trip to the security office atop of the hill of death for a potentially lengthy interview to prove you are not a chancer... would advise taking photos of your crews tickets and sharing for all to keep on their smartphones as it may speed up the process..

First time time in CV too and we got what we wanted, east quiet. Quite relieved now as we will be taking our little girl so closer to gate, kidz field, circus is absolutely what we need. Gotta source a wagon to drag her round in now.

What are the facilities like in the camp fields though? Is there a bar/cafe and if so is it open on the Tuesday or is it all round to @H.M.V‘s? ?

19 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

First time time in CV too and we got what we wanted, east quiet. Quite relieved now as we will be taking our little girl so closer to gate, kidz field, circus is absolutely what we need. Gotta source a wagon to drag her round in now.

What are the facilities like in the camp fields though? Is there a bar/cafe and if so is it open on the Tuesday or is it all round to @H.M.V‘s? ?

Happy to host if there's no bar available. Everyone can bring a bottle. :D

18 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

There will be the large food trucks open 24/7 selling burgers, bacon butties, teas, coffess etc..

you are in a van... fill that up with drinkies...

13 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

There will be the large food trucks open 24/7 selling burgers, bacon butties, teas, coffess etc..

you are in a van... fill that up with drinkies...

Absolutely filling with drinkies , was more thinking of the social aspect :) 

Edited by John the Moth
Autocorrected

I got quiet east, as got a pre delivered caravan and says on website that was ticket needed. Think they had all the pre delivered on E25 in 2017. No bar in camper fields, have couple of burger vans, not the nicest but will do and they sell cold non alcoholic drinks. Good tip about taking picture of ticket incase you loose I will do that thanks ?

21 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

I  got campervan east. Was there specific tickets for the quiet area? I thought you just turned up and asked. I was so nervous when clicking I didn't look properly 

Yes there was a ticket specifically for quiet/pre delivered caravans and then a general east ticket.

are you bringing children and wanted a quieter area? To be honest it’s all pretty chilled and quiet across the whole area so I wouldn’t worry.

6 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Yes there was a ticket specifically for quiet/pre delivered caravans and then a general east ticket.

are you bringing children and wanted a quieter area? To be honest it’s all pretty chilled and quiet across the whole area so I wouldn’t worry.

No I just wanted to be as close as possible. Anyway, at least I got a ticket. That's the main thing. 

43 minutes ago, Jenniferaliceee said:

If anyone hears of an East Campervan ticket for sale please let me know. Do they even go on resale? I was looking after patients and bloody forgot. The NHS is a cruel mistress!

Yes Jen, there'll be a CV ticket resale after the main resale in April :) 

• Upvote 1

We are in CV East too. Very thankful for our tickets but in the past we have always secured CV east quiet ( or family as it was descibed previously ) so we were trying for those as our first choice.

Can anyone comment on how much further the walk is to the pedestrian gate ? How long is it to the furthest away CV east field ?

Wherever we end up I am so happy we got festival tickets and CV tickets but I'm just trying to prepare myself for the longer walk.

1 hour ago, slash's hat said:

I got east quiet. Hiring was ridiculous quotes or fully booked so bought a trailer tent. Just needs a bit of pimping up!! Good time of year coming up to buy lights a plenty :D

How much? I'm desperate to get on the trailer tent/camper/caravan band wagon but always panic as I wouldn't have a clue how to do one up!