whos coming to west campervan field with me

youngatheart2

I dragged my folding caravan into the East fields in 2011 and it was a colossal balls ache with a leg numbing climb back every night (you could get closer if earlier). Had a looksee at West Fields in 2017 and it looks like a much better option with easy access to South West and Park. Whats the earliest you can park up and, subsequently, get on site? Is it acceptable to pitch a small tent in Dairy as well? 

21 hours ago, Blisterpack said:

It’s basically a pedestrian gate but just for the cv users. 

No its not.....anyone can use it, not just the CV users, as long as you get a pass out you're fine to go out and come back again, plenty of people camping take advantage of it as the toilets are relatively nice (compared to the normal on site campsites).

51 minutes ago, youngatheart2 said:

last time we turned up at around 1pm got straight in..

on the wednesday at 8am people took tents in first thing to get somewhere to stay inside i personally think its a bit cheeky beating the queues but cant blame them ....

It's probably mainly people who've stayed with people in campervans for the 1st night then going into the site for the rest of the festival, that's what I'm planning on doing this year. The people with the campervan will still be using it throughout. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's probably mainly people who've stayed with people in campervans for the 1st night then going into the site for the rest of the festival, that's what I'm planning on doing this year. The people with the campervan will still be using it throughout. 

Very clever wish i had thought of it a few years ago....especially 2010 when i slept in a ditch having spent to long at the Apple tree and missed the gates opening 

3 hours ago, Youtopia said:

No its not.....anyone can use it, not just the CV users, as long as you get a pass out you're fine to go out and come back again, plenty of people camping take advantage of it as the toilets are relatively nice (compared to the normal on site campsites).

Yes, fair point. Never thought of that - seems a bit of a trek tho just to use the toilet. 

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

It's my spiritual home, did 5 or 6 Tuesday evenings in there over the years, staying with friends and family, but this year I'm in Worthy View.

So the year I do CV, you vacate to WV? (Easty runs off to check for bad body odour)???

Edited by eastynh
  • Upvote 1

Got time for the west CV bois. I camp right near the gate, usually right next to the track. Sometime they say a cheery hello as they pass, very polite lot. East CV never walk past us and say hello, uppity bastards. We had a big group in 2016, so invariably we had some people who couldn't face walking much further stopping by the campfire each night. Filled them up with tequila so they could fall up the hill, you gotta look out for your neighbours like that you know.