Fantasy Reformation Festival

GMF

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Sonic Youth, Clor, Talk Talk.

Ooof. I’m nickin this but swapping Clor for my beloved Grandaddy. 

Van Occupanther era Tim Smith Midlake too somewhere. 

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The White Stripes, R.E.M., Pulp

The Walkmen (Park, evening), Kyuss (Other, afternoon), Klaxons (John Peel, evening*)

*I would have them headlining the Park or the John Peel but I can't miss my headliners obviously

Klaxons, Dental. You surprise me. Ferrero Rocher amounts of surprise. 

If we’re going down that route I’ll also have New Young Pony Club early doors somewhere. 

I want to see Talk Talk. Headlining the JP with a set that includes Spirit of Eden in full.

Let's also have Mansun, Jellyfish, Longpigs, The Blue Nile, Little Angels

Obviously I'd also like Floyd, Zep, Genesis (I'll take the Phil era without complaint if PG isn't in to it), The Police and REM but that goes without saying.

On 10/27/2018 at 9:45 AM, GMF said:

Seeing Byrne on Monday night at O2, already saw him at Hammersmith earlier this year, stage show is fantastic, almost Stop Making Sense level of theatre. I thought it would have been fantastic as a West Holts headliner, but does not  look like he is taking it back out next year.

Saw him at Manchester apollo in July fantastic best thing I've seen in some time 

21 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Saw him at Manchester apollo in July fantastic best thing I've seen in some time 

I must admit that it came across better in the theatre setting than it dd in an arena, the show was stil great but got a bit lost on the larger stage and in an arena.

It just reminded how much i hate the o2, i do not think i have ever had a brilliant experience at any concert there, Wembley arena is the same. The O2 is primarily used for concerts bar the occasional Tennis and other sports events. The side on seats are awful even when standing, i think it is much the same with all the 10-15k arenas round the country. You would think that someone would design a large venue in a fan shape to allow all the seats to face the stage.

Headliners: Rush –  Pink FloydLed Zeppelin (w/ Jason B.) – Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (it's a 4-headliner year, like 2009 was supposed to be!) 

Subs: Talking Heads, The Kinks, Doves 

Other Stage opener: Beady Eye…(has it been 4 yrs?) 

Ode to Boston: Throwing Muses w/ Kristin Hersh & Tanya Donnelly both in the band (I saw Tanya play w/ them 4.5 yrs ago on a bit of a reunion, so it fits in the 4 yrs rule here)

Who were they?: Darker My Love – brilliant shoe-gaze band from LA with 3 albums (first 2 were incredible) but never made it past 2010 sadly. They had one of the Brian Jonestown guys on drums at one point

Truth Stage Thursday lineup: Van Halen (not Van Hagar) (playing Van Halen 1 in full for 40th anniversary), with Ratt subbing (obviously RIP Robbin Crosby, but the rest can join, Carlos Cavazo on guitar too),

Sunday Legends:  Simon & Garfunkel

Don’t do it! - REM – Love them, but I just don’t think they need to reform. That Glastonbury 2003 should have been their swan song.  They’re one band who have insisted they would never get back together again and I hope they stick to it. 

Edited by tevaburger

Bit of a challenge this, as I'm trying to avoid nostalgia for the sake of it! Gone for 3 I've never seen and 2 I'd see again.

The Marquee slot - ABBA (Pyramid headliner, Sun) - don't really think it needs any explanation!

The Never Gonna Happen slot - REM (Pyramid headliner, Sat) - one of my favourite bands of all time, saw them once in Hyde Park but would love the chance to see them at Glastonbury. 

The Sunny Afternoon slot - Ladysmith Black Mambazo (West Holts, Sun afternoon) - take the mid-late 80s lineup please. Can't think of a better way to kick back and relax at WH with a smoke and a cider in the sunshine listening to this. Technically still going, but I'd want it with Joseph involved.

The Nostalgia slot - Terrorvision (Other Stage opener, Fri) - band I loved back in the day, saw them a couple of times and just so so so much fun.  Again they're still going, but I'd want the classic lineup with Shutty still on drums so I'm counting it as a reformation!

The Who Are They? slot - Symposium (John Peel Tent sub, Sat) - they were a pop-punk type band from mid-90s, released one mini album and one full album. Just a bunch of teenagers with a ton of energy. Wanted to go see them in '96 or '97 but had exams the next day, remember reading the review in Kerrang the next week and it looked like a great gig. Always pissed I didn't see them.

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

Was it 2004 they played last?

It had been raining and then it stopped when they played Sun Hits the Sky, it was marvellous :) 

Yes fantastic gig. I crowd surfed dressed as Scooby Doo during Sun Hits the Sky, and high-fived Spiderman who was also crowd surfing! So many fun memories associated with that band!

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, GMF said:

I must admit that it came across better in the theatre setting than it dd in an arena, the show was stil great but got a bit lost on the larger stage and in an arena.

It just reminded how much i hate the o2, i do not think i have ever had a brilliant experience at any concert there, Wembley arena is the same. The O2 is primarily used for concerts bar the occasional Tennis and other sports events. The side on seats are awful even when standing, i think it is much the same with all the 10-15k arenas round the country. You would think that someone would design a large venue in a fan shape to allow all the seats to face the stage.

Yeah thought about seeing it again at Manchester arena but decided the show may get lost there and would not come close to the apollo