Fantasy Reformation Festival

GMF

I have wondered what people would view as their fantasy reformation festival. The obvious is three headliners but that would quickly become same the same rotation of  20/30 artists. Therefore looking for people to nominate three other bands for other stages, stating stage and timing.

I do not like the idea of rules, but some guidance notes to ensure a structured thread,

- we are talking reformation not resurrection, no dead people

- artists cannot have toured in the nominated format for at least four years.

- If choosing a band with various line ups, then what line up, and remember guidance 1.

- you can nominate you as the bass player of the band from school but be realistic, not headliner on the other stage.

My nominations

Headliners: Talking Heads, REM, The Jam

Others: Prefab Sprout, Park Stage, Early Evening: The Czars, Other Stage Early Evening,: Cocteau Twins, JP Stage Sub.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

REM, Pulp, The Smiths (with non-racist Morrissey)

Legend: ABBA

ABBA would be all kinds of awesome. Can you just imagine the scenes on a Sunday tea time. They'd have to make more space than for the Stones. Big Ground gone! Kidney, see ya! Just to make room for the flares! 

I would really like to take my dad to an early-days Genesis set with Peter Gabriel. Might be a weird shout around here :lol: And we share a love for Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Also get my uncle tix :P

The Beatles would be an obvious one for me, but they didn't even play during their (imo) best days (other than a rooftop concert), so that would be really unique. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

I would really like to take my dad to an early-days Genesis set with Peter Gabriel. Might be a weird shout around here :lol: And we share a love for Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Also get my uncle tix :P

The Beatles would be an obvious one for me, but they didn't even play during their (imo) best days (other than a rooftop concert), so that would be really unique. 

Was a massive Genesis fan back in the day.... went to see a tribute band a couple of years ago. Now I hate tribute bands, but this lot were really good, and probably as close as you’ll get today to share that experience with your Dad. They regularly tour UK.

http://www.themusicalbox.net/home.php?lang=en

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Was a massive Genesis fan back in the day.... went to see a tribute band a couple of years ago. Now I hate tribute bands, but this lot were really good, and probably as close as you’ll get today to share that experience with your Dad. They regularly tour UK.

http://www.themusicalbox.net/home.php?lang=en

Oh yes, I think he knows them and seen once or twice. Besides solo shows of Peter Gabriel, we went to Steve Hackett couple of years ago. I didn't expect to much of it, but my god, it was great. He was very static though, but still great musician and fantastic band surrounding him. Played a fair bit of Genesis from the old days.

8 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Oh yes, I think he knows them and seen once or twice. Besides solo shows of Peter Gabriel, we went to Steve Hackett couple of years ago. I didn't expect to much of it, but my god, it was great. He was very static though, but still great musician and fantastic band surrounding him. Played a fair bit of Genesis from the old days.

Steve Hackett Is touring next year, I’ve already bought a ticket for Edinburgh Usher Hall. Think he’s got a backing orchestra for it.

12 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Steve Hackett Is touring next year, I’ve already bought a ticket for Edinburgh Usher Hall. Think he’s got a backing orchestra for it.

Thanks! Don't know how I've missed this, but just may have found my old man a birthday present :lol:

And I have to correct myself: With two important members of The Beatles dead, and not allowed to revive them, I don't want them reformed ? In fact, I mostly think of dead artists for this. Not the biggest REM fan, but definitely would see them.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Klaxons (John Peel, evening*)

Fully support this!

8 hours ago, GMF said:

Talking Heads

I'm amused by how much I see this nowadays. For a decade or more I was a (just about) only-voice.

And because i'm a fan I'll say the 2nd and 3rd headliners should be Tom Tom Club, and Jerry Harrison playing 'the red and the black' in full. :D

</bit over-excited, off to see david tonight :lol: >

Seeing Byrne on Monday night at O2, already saw him at Hammersmith earlier this year, stage show is fantastic, almost Stop Making Sense level of theatre. I thought it would have been fantastic as a West Holts headliner, but does not  look like he is taking it back out next year.