Getting home..

grilladelphia

Hi all - so I've ended up with a Thursday coach ticket (1 way) for this year (also my first Glasto!)

Ive had a browse on National Express Glasto page but can only seem to find return tickets or singles on the way there

Does anyone know the best way of getting back to ye old London on the Monday? Coach preferable I just cant work out how to book one just for the return journey, any help much appreciated.

You'll be able to book via National Express, but as you're booking one way there is no obvious option. Might it be as it's more than 6 months away and the schedules aren't released? 

You can definitely just book a return though... how come your ticket is one way currently?

16 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

You'll be able to book via National Express, but as you're booking one way there is no obvious option. Might it be as it's more than 6 months away and the schedules aren't released? 

You can definitely just book a return though... how come your ticket is one way currently?

As far as I've been told, during the madness of the coach release our group agreed to take anything within a reasonable distance of London just to get something in the bag and ended up with one of us scoring tickets for a coach from Reading at 7am Thursday but only 1 way, assuming they haven't got the wrong end of the stick somehow!

1 hour ago, grilladelphia said:

As far as I've been told, during the madness of the coach release our group agreed to take anything within a reasonable distance of London just to get something in the bag and ended up with one of us scoring tickets for a coach from Reading at 7am Thursday but only 1 way, assuming they haven't got the wrong end of the stick somehow!

I'm pretty sure all the see coach packages are return?

I've done the London Seetickets coach since 2013, including 1 year with a single and they haven't (as yet) checked the tickets for the journey home. The whole thing is a general free for all - you join a general 'London' queue (scrum) and get on the next one that comes in. They just want people out. If anyone does question you, just plead Glasto uselessness and say you lost it.

If this is too stressful to consider then NE have singles for £55 .... don't look on the Glasto page, just enter the details on general booking.

Hope his helps.

Edited by Fishman
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Fishman said:

I've done the London Seetickets coach since 2013, including 1 year with a single and they haven't (as yet) checked the tickets for the journey home. The whole thing is a general free for all - you join a general 'London' queue (scrum) and get on the next one that comes in. They just want people out. If anyone does question you, just please Glasto uselessness and say you lost it.

If this is too stressful to consider then NE have singles for £55 .... don't look on the Glasto page just enter the details on general booking.

Hope his helps.

I could definitely be described as a 'chancer' so as long as the rest of the group are up for it, free for all scrum sounds good to me! thanks for the info!

2 hours ago, Fishman said:

I've done the London Seetickets coach since 2013, including 1 year with a single and they haven't (as yet) checked the tickets for the journey home. The whole thing is a general free for all - you join a general 'London' queue (scrum) and get on the next one that comes in. They just want people out. If anyone does question you, just please Glasto uselessness and say you lost it.

If this is too stressful to consider then NE have singles for £55 .... don't look on the Glasto page just enter the details on general booking.

Hope his helps.

Same, my ticket home has barely ever been checked and I have never once got the coach I was supposed to get. Lots of people go home with friends and its a free for all. They just keep piling people on the coaches to get them off site. I'd chance it meself. Especially if you have a seeticket print out.