Worthy View - opening time?

herzzreh

8 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Tents are Pre-allocated so have always travelled a couple of hours later to save on sleep and miss the traffic 

Ummmm OK, thanks for the details on your previous travel plans.......doesn't really answer my question though.  ?

Worthy View has, to my knowledge, always opened at the same time as the festival.  Never seen anyt Tuesday night camping there before.

The Worthy View part of the Website explicity states Wednesday to Sunday so there is certainly no Tuesday "check in" available. https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/

6 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Tents are Pre-allocated so have always travelled a couple of hours later to save on sleep and miss the traffic 

6 hours ago, Youtopia said:

Ummmm OK, thanks for the details on your previous travel plans.......doesn't really answer my question though.  ?

I should have said that opening is 8am and there’s no need to queue in traffic or otherwise to get your pitch as tents are Pre-allocated

10 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I should have said that opening is 8am and there’s no need to queue in traffic or otherwise to get your pitch as tents are Pre-allocated

Thank!  

I don't want to Q for a pitch (hence the desire to camp in WV!)....just want to know when we can into WV and then get into......the greatest place in the world!!!

20 hours ago, stuwilky said:

Worthy View has, to my knowledge, always opened at the same time as the festival.  Never seen anyt Tuesday night camping there before.

It did open on the Tuesday night the only time I went. It was amazing sitting overlooking the site at night with only the crew bars making any noise ?

23 hours ago, Youtopia said:

Is there a traffic Q or do they let you into the car park at worthy view before 8am ?

You come in on a slightly different route so less worry about the last mile of the main routes. Car parks at the southern point (in red)

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-car/

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

The correspondence we got in 2017 said approach from the A37 and it’ll be signposted. We came through from Ditcheat and onto Cockmill Lane I think. You might be able to approach from the other side, say down Neat Lane? But I’m only guessing. 

Coming from Glastonbury I am told the turn off is quite a distance from the festival site according to someone I spoke to in 2017 ,  a bit of a drive through narrow country roads  to WV.  Had a look at OS map and google maps and there is a few alternatives close to west Pennard.