Fleetwood Mac

gmb1992

5 hours ago, RyanS said:

I'm not saying that Fleetwood Mac need the money though, 

He clearly does.

Quote...

Mick Fleetwood Net Worth: Mick Fleetwood is a British musician who has a net worth of $20 million. Mick Fleetwood's net worth would be much higher but he has openly admitted to spending tens of millions of dollars on drugs and partying during his heyday. He was even forced to declare bankruptcy in 1984 after many years of hard partying and fast living.

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Mick Fleetwood Net Worth: Mick Fleetwood is a British musician who has a net worth of $20 million. 

$20 million dollars, how can *anybody* expect to be able to live on $20 million! Shall we start a charity (or is it just already called the 50 years Don't Stop tour?)

13 hours ago, Penrhos said:

The front rail is for fans that turn up early and queue for the privilege to be on the rail not for the privileged. 

When I saw Springsteen in 2013 I arrived 3 hours early and still didn't manage to get in front of the first rail (those springsteen fans are nuts). I couldn't agree any more with the above sentiment. 

10 hours ago, billum said:

$20 million dollars, how can *anybody* expect to be able to live on $20 million! Shall we start a charity (or is it just already called the 50 years Don't Stop tour?)

and yet I bet he feels like the poor-man for the levels of success he's had.

It must be a right bastard living in Hawaii and working one year every 5 years. Someone should start a crowdfunder. 

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

It definitely did.

But I stifled my laugh into a scoffing noise and refused to click 'cos the gammon jibe! B);)

I hope it fares better on re-release, although that would be dependent on Gazza starting another sentence with ‘Some might say...’

Re; gammon-gate, the photo was a bit ‘in yer face’, I had assumed it’d be a little more discreet...

Edited by henry bear

45 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I hope it fares better on re-release, although that would be dependent on Gazza starting another sentence with ‘Some might say...’

Re; gammon-gate, the photo was a bit ‘in yer face’, I had assumed it’d be a little more discreet...

Both made me LOL!

In a moment of madness I got tickets for Berlin instead, 22,000 cap venue compared to Wembley's 90,000. I got through straight away (while still in a queue for Wembley) and we'll actually have a chance to see them. And a good excuse to see a bit of Berlin.

Sorry if the smug meter just went off but there could still be tickets left if people fancied the same idea.

22 hours ago, eFestivals said:

incorrect.

Gigs are more important than ever as an income stream, because there's not the big income streams from physical sales that there used to be (and the income from streaming is very low in comparison).

It's also often the case that bands have sold off future royalties for cash now, in order for them to have developed to a standard where they might financially self-sustain - but that means the self-sustaining comes from the income from playing gigs.

How much of a deal is merch to bands these days? Particularly at the lower end of the scale?

I generally like me a band / tour shirt :)

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

How much of a deal is merch to bands these days? Particularly at the lower end of the scale?

I generally like me a band / tour shirt :)

I read last week that Coldplay made more money last year (£48m?) - despite not releasing any music - due to their company receiving profits from the last tour...plus an enormous amount from merch.

Google will probably give accurate figures.

Edit: Fucking HELL! https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/coldplay-make-174000-per-day-13322180

Edited by Woffy

28 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I read last week that Coldplay made more money last year (£48m?) - despite not releasing any music - due to their company receiving profits from the last tour...plus an enormous amount from merch.

Google will probably give accurate figures.

Edit: Fucking HELL! https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/coldplay-make-174000-per-day-13322180

worth every penny.

35 minutes ago, Woffy said:

try this one, from today's papers....

• Ed Sheeran last year paid £606 in tax every minute. His two companies, one for revenue from recordings and the other for touring, paid the government £5.3m in total for the year. (Star p16)

Sounds a lot doesn't it? Yet it seems unlikely that poor old Ed only took home around £6m last year, which would be the case if he was paying 45% tax to create a £5.3M tax bill.

Looks like some fiddling is going on to me - but ed is welcome to put me right, if he wants to.

Edited by eFestivals

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Sounds a lot doesn't it? Yet it seems unlikely that poor old Ed only took home around £6m last year, which would be the case if he was paying 45% tax to create a £5.3M tax bill.

Looks like some fiddling is going on to me - but ed is welcome to put me right, if he wants to.

I'm just speechless at the vast amounts of money these people make. I know I shouldn't be but...jesus.

It seems to happen so relatively quickly too.

My brother in law has recently returned from playing on the Desert Daze tour (admittedly, low on the bill) down the west coast of the US alongside the likes of Warpaint and Tame Impala...and will be working in the pub again next week.

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't know why this sort of thing gets so much flack.  Can you honestly say if you were making that much money (for all we know you could be on the big bucks running this site) that you wouldn't hire a tax advisor to help you reduce unnecessary tax bills? 

3 minutes ago, WallaceHigh said:

I don't know why this sort of thing gets so much flack.  Can you honestly say if you were making that much money (for all we know you could be on the big bucks running this site) that you wouldn't hire a tax advisor to help you reduce unnecessary tax bills? 

Not everyone is a self-serving c**t.

I would make no attempt to avoid tax, exactly as I make no attempts to avoid tax with how I run my current business (and it's pretty easy to reduce the tax i'd pay if I wanted to - could cut my 'income tax' bill in half, at least).

I reckon a take-home pay of £6m for a year's work is enough to live on. Don't you? So why would tax need to be avoided?