Fleetwood Mac

gmb1992

General sale for their Wembley date is tomorrow at 9 but I thought I'd have a go at the presale this morning and the only tickets I could get were £170 each! 

I might have another pop at it in the general sale tomorrow as I'd quite like to see them but £340 for 2 of us to go see them at Wembley takes the piss a bit doesn't it? 

Any way my point in posting this in here is that does this show that they are too greedy for ££ to play Glastonbury, or am I completely out of touch and this is how much you pay to see artists at venues like Wembley (I've never been)? 

We've decided to give them a swerve, it really is too much money and we have the Worthy View sale to go for on Saturday.

A real shame as I like the Finn/Campbell additions. Too much handwringing over Lindsey Buckingham, it's always about him and not the band in my view. How difficult is it to bury differences for one last humungous pay day?

Whenever people exclaim that Glastonbury tickets are expensive, I point to exactly this sort of thing and prove that Glastonbury is actually bloody good value for money. Less than £250 for a whole week, as many bands as you can fit in (including acts currently touring and charging a fortune for the privilege of going to see them) and a whole range of other stuff to see and do!! :D

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

That one with the scarf looks like he’s simultaneously laughing at you but also seriously threatening you. 

Edit: Dad?

5 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

£83 to sit half a mile from the stage in the upper tier of football stadium to hear 'this current line up' drone their way through the contractually obliged cover version of Weather With You.

A fool and his money, etc and so on.

sdut-1n31vip234321-vip-fans-pay-very-imp

Hulk Hogan joined Fleetwood Mac???? 

Edited by Havors
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Used to be that seeing all three Pyramid headliners alone would pretty much cover the ticket price alone, that's before you get into the thousands of other acts, attractions and general five days of fun... Now it's only one or two.

So it’s actually better value than it was 20 years ago?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

It’s 15% all the way up though. Wouldn’t really be fair to charge 15% on top of the £75 ticket then just 5% on top of the £200 one.

Could be argued that a fixed admin fee would be fairer - does it cost more to send out a £200 than a £75 one? Do they gold-plate the envelope? Or are they, indeed, just taking the piss

I'd very much like to see FM, but I'm not going to do this - I only ever once paid over £100 to see a gig, and that was both Steely Dan *and* The Doobie Brothers on the same bill, so kinda £50 each in my simple mind. This really is over the top and if it sells out fast (which I'm sure it will) it'll encourage other classic bands to hike their prices through the roof too. Not good