Favourite Glasto vids...

dingbat2

8 hours ago, McCor said:

I love Doves, and The Cedar Room is one of my favourite songs ever, but that performance didn’t do it for me

That video reminds me of a great afternoon at Glastonbury. It was the afternoon after the 'the great flood' of 2005. Some of the Pyramid acts had been cancelled and then started again early aftetnoon (with the Thrills if I remember correctly?) Later on we were wallowing in the mud listening to the superb Doves without a care in the world. Happy times

Leonard Cohen, 2008. He refused to let the BBC broadcast his show.  A few of us in the crowd, strangers to each other, were unaware of that and "filmed" away and, after uploading our clips to youtube, were amazed at the hyper positive response [because of that BBC ban]. Between us, we covered virtually all of his show. This clip  disappeared when a youtube account was closed [because of 'copyright violations'  - Neil Young at Glasto, I think]  then came back when a new account was opened.  Emily Eavis tweeted the link when he died in 2016:  "Hallelujah"...

Edited by scorp

On 10/25/2018 at 7:59 AM, dingbat2 said:

That video reminds me of a great afternoon at Glastonbury. It was the afternoon after the 'the great flood' of 2005. Some of the Pyramid acts had been cancelled and then started again early aftetnoon (with the Thrills if I remember correctly?) Later on we were wallowing in the mud listening to the superb Doves without a care in the world. Happy times

In 1997 the Other Stage "sank" a bit after mega rains for days and nights, and was closed for part  of the festival. A report... 

Edited by scorp

17 hours ago, Gedh said:

Bramble FM 69.9 your local radio station

Mik Artistik 

Love those two acts, particularly Bramble FM.   Spoke to Les in 2017 who was cutting up bits of cardboard for Brentford Robotics who were turning people into robots in the same part of the site.   Think Maureen had to work that year.   Hope they're back in 2019.

• 3 months later...