Away from the main stages/areas, what are your favourite places?

Keithy

8 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

Ultimate Power @ Williams Green (Thu) The cheesiest way to kick off day 2. Last year it was simply amazing, from the opening notes of Don't Stop Believing as the safety tape was bring removed from the entrance the tent just went ballistic. It was as much as a gig, the crowd were just screaming every song back at the dis who milked every moment as if they were on the Pyramid. Just brilliant. First encountered this at the Stonebridge Bar in 2009 (I think) but now seems to have moved to Williams Green.

3 hours ago, Skelts said:

I was probably running next to you straight to the front when the tape came down! Loved it, a real highlight. Someone on here recommended it. Am hoping they are there again next year!

We also broke the tape when this kicked off. Got pissed on weird flavoured vodka with the pink umbrella lot and got talked into it; didn't have a clue what it was. Great way to start the weekend. We ended up going home with the Meat Loaf styled banner they had on stage.

7 hours ago, SighMo said:

We also broke the tape when this kicked off. Got pissed on weird flavoured vodka with the pink umbrella lot and got talked into it; didn't have a clue what it was. Great way to start the weekend. We ended up going home with the Meat Loaf styled banner they had on stage.

A perfect summation of what a brilliant start to the festivities that was. I hope they return next year, I'll be packing my inflatable guitar!

9 hours ago, SighMo said:

That could have been me!  I was sharing hip flasks of Werthers vodka and the famous cherry bakewell concoction with randoms around me :)

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Either @fatyeti24 or @stuartbert two hats have a video of one of our nights in Back of Beyond doing the gravedigger dance. Really missed it last year. 

I have a video of me doing some kind of dance on the stage  ... I did consider posting ... but think im wise not to :) 

2 hours ago, Skelts said:

That could have been me!  I was sharing hip flasks of Werthers vodka and the famous cherry bakewell concoction with randoms around me :)

I definitely sampled some of the cherry bakewell; it was amazingly cherry bakewell flavoured. I was with my son and his girlfriend. She got a bollocking for standing on the barrier. Think you were down the front too. 

13 minutes ago, SighMo said:

I definitely sampled some of the cherry bakewell; it was amazingly cherry bakewell flavoured. I was with my son and his girlfriend. She got a bollocking for standing on the barrier. Think you were down the front too. 

T’was me indeed! Had a great time, nothing like a good cheesy singalong!

5 minutes ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

I really like chilling in the Wood for an hour or so after a Pyramid or JP act has finished.  Few cheeky beers and recharge the batteries then get back at it.

Still haven't been here. I like the thought of going after a headliner. 100% doing that next year.

9 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Still haven't been here. I like the thought of going after a headliner. 100% doing that next year.

Wood is lovely. Annoyingly I just wasn't feeling it at all during Future Islands last year so I pottered off there on my tod for a bit, grabbed a cuppa and just found somewhere quiet to sit.

17 minutes ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

I really like chilling in the Wood for an hour or so after a Pyramid or JP act has finished.  Few cheeky beers and recharge the batteries then get back at it.

How busy did it get then? I was there about 8ish I think, so was pretty quiet as everyone was gearing up for the night. No idea what it would be like post-headliner.

4 hours ago, Jah_Roots said:

not really away from the stages but what used to be Blazing Saddles, now the Summerhouse... 

sat in a deckchair, beer in one hand pizza in the other - sooner or later Mik and Lekkido will come along...

That's where I first saw Lekkido - it was 2016, miserable weather so the deckchairs were rather ironic!   I was feeling a bit down and was wandering past when I was caught up in singing and dancing.  One of my fondest Glasto memories.

37 minutes ago, Quark said:

Wood is lovely. Annoyingly I just wasn't feeling it at all during Future Islands last year so I pottered off there on my tod for a bit, grabbed a cuppa and just found somewhere quiet to sit.

How busy did it get then? I was there about 8ish I think, so was pretty quiet as everyone was gearing up for the night. No idea what it would be like post-headliner.

Is there a little bar/cafe type-thing within it, or did you grab a tea and go and chill in there?

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Is there a little bar/cafe type-thing within it, or did you grab a tea and go and chill in there?

There's a little bar in there, can't remember if it's booze as well but I got my tea there. Got a little seating area as well, or you can wander off and find somewhere a little quieter.

I love Williams Green area in general, but it was VERY busy last year on Thursday afternoon. 

I found some hammocks last year, no idea where, and collapsed into them with a few others and had some random conversations with strangers! Couldn't tell you much else about them though!

15 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I've already started my list of things to do for next year.  It's going to be very long by June!

Same.

In 2017 I frog marched my newbie around on the Weds afternoon in the sweltering heat showing her stuff, including things that I hadn't managed to locate before....particularly the Underground Piano Bar (which I still didn't actually ever make it into, but at least I know where it is). In the end she flaked out under a sandwich board, which was literally the only empty bit of shade in sight. She is coming along again this year and is probably wise to this sort of behaviour by now, but I can envisage myself doing it with our two 2019 newbies with the list of stuff I have already started creating :lol:

Just now, Sasperella said:

Same.

In 2017 I frog marched my newbie around on the Weds afternoon in the sweltering heat showing her stuff, including things that I hadn't managed to locate before....particularly the Underground Piano Bar (which I still didn't actually ever make it into, but at least I know where it is). In the end she flaked out under a sandwich board, which was literally the only empty bit of shade in sight. She is coming along again this year and is probably wise to this sort of behaviour by now, but I can envisage myself doing it with our two 2019 newbies with the list of stuff I have already started creating :lol:

I spent the Wednesday lying in the shade of the acoustic tent, heavily sunburnt from the queue!