Roskilde 2019

gregory

On 3 May 2019 at 6:32 PM, jonathansoegaard said:

Honestly Roskilde always have an amazing Line Up if your taste is in more than 1 genre. People in Denmark are pretty hard on the line up this year since 2018 was great.

Camping is amazing if you ask me - everyone is friendly and has the 'Orange Feeling'. It is quite the party warzone though and it is not easy to sleep in the general camping site. Music until the early morning, but I've enjoyed it for 12 years Now. Most people my age (29) and older have moved to the silent and clean areas, where you can sleep from 10pm-10am.

Go for the Full experience. The first 4 Days people party and it is so much fun - the next 4 Days is about the concerts?. Feel free to ask more questions :)

I used to go to Roskilde regularly (was there in 2000, the Pearl Jam incident) but I haven't been since 2013.  This year the line up looked great.

It is early days yet, but after failing to get the Glastonbury coach package yesterday, I am already starting to think Roskilde.

I am definitely over 29 and I need my sleep.  More importantly, I want to take my tent home in one piece because I want to use it again. @jonathansoegaard, what is your advice? Should I go for the "silent and clean" option? I see that becomes available in January.  I presume there is an additional cost?

I used to put my tent up next to German friends in the camper van field. They go every year - still do, but I am not sure how flexible the festival are these days with tents next to camper vans.  Thanks for your advice!

Yeah, go for Silent and Clean. There's an additional cost but I don't think it's much; apparently they sell out quite quickly though. However, at midnight on the first day, they open it up to everyone. There's rumours that they'll be rearranging all the camping areas, but usually S&C is near the swimming and fishing lakes so it's quite nice. However, it's not really silent but it's better than sleeping right in the middle of all the action I guess.

I went this year and had an amazing time, made me forget about missing out on Glastonbury. I booked tickets for next year as a Glastonbury backup but then I was successful last night. So I think I'm just going to do both ?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah, go for Silent and Clean. There's an additional cost but I don't think it's much; apparently they sell out quite quickly though. However, at midnight on the first day, they open it up to everyone. There's rumours that they'll be rearranging all the camping areas, but usually S&C is near the swimming and fishing lakes so it's quite nice. However, it's not really silent but it's better than sleeping right in the middle of all the action I guess.

I went this year and had an amazing time, made me forget about missing out on Glastonbury. I booked tickets for next year as a Glastonbury backup but then I was successful last night. So I think I'm just going to do both ?

Doing both sounds like having a wonderfull time :D 

42 minutes ago, jonathansoegaard said:

Doing both sounds like having a wonderfull time :D 

Yeah I'm both excited and nervous about it. My plan is to get a flight on the Monday,  possibly stay the night somewhere so I can freshen up, then I'll definitely be at the festival by Tuesday. 

I just hope the lineups aren't too similar, but even if they are at least it'll help with clashes

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I have often done both, but that was when Roskilde ran from Thursday to Sunday, whereas now it is Wednesday to Saturday, which is that bit harder transport-wise.

I understand that the ‘silent and clean’ pass means you get early access to that area on the Saturday that the gates open. That won’t really work if doing both festivals...

17 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

I understand that the ‘silent and clean’ pass means you get early access to that area on the Saturday that the gates open. That won’t really work if doing both festivals...

I'm going with a solo group so my plan is to ask them to try saving me a space for my tent. Hopefully they will!

4 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm going with a solo group so my plan is to ask them to try saving me a space for my tent. Hopefully they will!

I am thinking way ahead.....  If I don’t get Glastonbury I can go on the Saturday and really enjoy the full week. If I do get lucky I’ll have to re-think!

I did the Big G / Roskilde double header this year just passed. Flew out Tuesday morning 6am. After getting back from Glastonbury Monday eve. 
Totally worth it. Line ups won’t be the same but will have similarities which means you can prioritise who you seen at which festival!!!

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I don't think he's a headliner; the site says he's on the Arena stage. Probably headlining that though

Well, look on the lineup page. He's a headliner. Unless you only count the last act on the Orange stage as a headliner.

I think he'll get a similar spot like headliner NiN in 2018.

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Well, look on the lineup page. He's a headliner. Unless you only count the last act on the Orange stage as a headliner.

I think he'll get a similar spot like headliner NiN in 2018.

Roskilde is rather weird in terms of "headliners" tbh. Like i'm pretty sure Vampire Weekend were at the top of the poster, but they played early evening on the Friday.

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Roskilde is rather weird in terms of "headliners" tbh. Like i'm pretty sure Vampire Weekend were at the top of the poster, but they played early evening on the Friday.

For Roskilde, headliners are the ones in the top line. Usually they have around 8-9 of them. And now we have 2 for the 2020 edition.

Edited by lighthouse