Roskilde 2019

gregory

This is a great line up, seems like it came out of nowhere. Seriously considering going.

Is the camping ok? Saw someone earlier warn against it...

Anybody done it as a road trip from the uk before? And what’s the weather like?

17 minutes ago, _Mars_x said:

This is a great line up, seems like it came out of nowhere. Seriously considering going.

Is the camping ok? Saw someone earlier warn against it...

Anybody done it as a road trip from the uk before? And what’s the weather like?

Honestly Roskilde always have an amazing Line Up if your taste is in more than 1 genre. People in Denmark are pretty hard on the line up this year since 2018 was great.

Camping is amazing if you ask me - everyone is friendly and has the 'Orange Feeling'. It is quite the party warzone though and it is not easy to sleep in the general camping site. Music until the early morning, but I've enjoyed it for 12 years Now. Most people my age (29) and older have moved to the silent and clean areas, where you can sleep from 10pm-10am.

Go for the Full experience. The first 4 Days people party and it is so much fun - the next 4 Days is about the concerts?. Feel free to ask more questions :)

I find it strange how this festival is often ignored on here, yet usually has a pretty great lineup and I guess is pretty similar to Glasto what with being an NFPO and all that.

Just wish they'd have a few more rock bands headlining this year; I really thought the Strokes would be here. Plus as for hiphop headliners, Cardi B, Travis Scott and Chance are pretty disappointing after having Eminem last year. But I suppose it's hard to top someone as big as that...

Edited by Gilgamesh69

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I find it strange how this festival is often ignored on here, yet usually has a pretty great lineup and I guess is pretty similar to Glasto what with being an NFPO and all that.

Just wish they'd have a few more rock bands headlining this year; I really thought the Strokes would be here. Plus as for hiphop headliners, Cardi B, Travis Scott and Chance are pretty disappointing after having Eminem last year. But I suppose it's hard to top someone as big as that...

I've also found it strange that it gets so little attention. It has some of the Sziget party vibe (for 8 nights!) and a big ass program and 7 scenes sort of like Glastonbury (I know nothing is, but this comes close) and the festival is not expensive at all (way cheaper than other danish festivals). Maybe it is becuase they always start out with attracting the youngsters - last year with Stormzy, Bruno Mars and this year with Travis Scott and Cardi B. Then people think Roskilde has gone to shit, but it really has not :D 

I think they've missed out on the Rock Line-up this year as well. It's not bad as they have Cure, Plant, Dylan and Johnny Marr, but they are all pretty old names. Had they put just 1-2 of Strokes, Raconteurs, Smashing Pumkins, Muse, Tame Impala, TOOL!!! next to the names above they would have smashed everyone in my oppinion. I'll get my rock from Cure and Plant from the top and Shame, Phil Anselmo (with a Pantera only set), Fontaine D.C., Parquet Courts, Alkymist and La Dispute in small font (and I don't like metal so do not know if there's some great names there). 

I think the Hip hop is great this year. Denzel Curry, Cypress Hill, Brockhampton, Skepta, Bikstok (Danish), Chance The Rapper and Death Grips are all high on my list :) 

I personally also like the always great batch of world names.

Roskilde is very picky in terms of recycling acts. I think they claim more than 70% of the program every year is completely new, so artists really have to put out a new great album or have been away in a long time to come back, so they seem fresh again. Sometimes it results in Roskilde not taking seemingly obvious headliners like Rock Werchter for instance. 

12 hours ago, jonathansoegaard said:

Camping is amazing if you ask me - everyone is friendly and has the 'Orange Feeling'. It is quite the party warzone though and it is not easy to sleep in the general camping site. Music until the early morning, but I've enjoyed it for 12 years Now. Most people my age (29) and older have moved to the silent and clean areas, where you can sleep from 10pm-10am.

Looks like silent and clean is sold out! How loud is normal camping?? I need sleep ?

8 hours ago, jonathansoegaard said:

I think they've missed out on the Rock Line-up this year as well. It's not bad as they have Cure, Plant, Dylan and Johnny Marr, but they are all pretty old names. Had they put just 1-2 of Strokes, Raconteurs, Smashing Pumkins, Muse, Tame Impala, TOOL!!! next to the names above they would have smashed everyone in my oppinion. I'll get my rock from Cure and Plant from the top and Shame, Phil Anselmo (with a Pantera only set), Fontaine D.C., Parquet Courts, Alkymist and La Dispute in small font (and I don't like metal so do not know if there's some great names there). 

A lot of those are on my must see list. Was gutted about Glastonbury because I’d miss Vampire Weekend & the Cure. This has almost everything I want, minus Tame Impala but plus Noel Gallagher which more than makes up for it. 

Lizzo is another one I’m excited for, think that’ll be a great time.

If you look on the schedule on the app, it now kinda gives you a rough idea of how long each act gets. Here's those with 90+ min sets:

Wednesday: Tears for Fears, Bob Dylan, Skepta, Cardi B, Christine and the Queen's.

Thursday: Soren Huss, Jorge Ben Jor, Testament, Bombino, Empire of the Sun, Robert Plant, Mø, Brockhampton, Travis Scott, Spleen United.

Friday: Inna De Yard, Bring me the Horizon, Jungle, Hugo Helmig, Vampire Weekend, Johnny Marr, Chance the Rapper, Underworld, Robyn, Death Grips.

Saturday: Catfish and the Bottlemen, Scarlet Pleasure, Bikstok, Noel Gallagher, Janelle Monae, Jorja Smith, The Cure, Behemoth, Cypress Hill.

Hopefully some will be playing even longer, especially The Cure

Edited by Gilgamesh69

On 5/4/2019 at 8:34 AM, _Mars_x said:

Looks like silent and clean is sold out! How loud is normal camping?? I need sleep ?

A lot of those are on my must see list. Was gutted about Glastonbury because I’d miss Vampire Weekend & the Cure. This has almost everything I want, minus Tame Impala but plus Noel Gallagher which more than makes up for it. 

Lizzo is another one I’m excited for, think that’ll be a great time.

Oh wow! It is sold out. Back in the days Silent & Clean was the last area to fill up, but people wants to sleep these days.

I would camp in the outskirts then. I've had pretty quit nights in outer are "P" in the past. A little longer walk to the festival site, but the closer you are to the festival site the more hardcore parties and soundsystems you will find and less sleep you will get. I camp in a somewhat calm area as well and then go into the more part infected areas when I'm down to go crazy :D 

15 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Booked my ticket this morning on seeing that it's almost sold out. Told my friends to be quick and they were like "I'll get it later, I'm sure it'll be fine."

Sold out, now I'm the only one with a ticket. Top banter

Top player.

• 4 weeks later...

Yo guys if You are still looking for a camp You can join ours. We are aged 19-40 andere live in the silent andere clean area and are from all over europe. If You dont have a silent and clean booking we van save a spot for You. Just make sure You arrivé at 0.00 29of June 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/237318720520604/

That's the link. Also we are on Instagram find camp c2h60 ( camp alcohol) 

Cheers:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...