Roskilde 2019

gregory

1 hour ago, mln said:

It's quite interesting that they didn't start with headliner announcement. Is there someone with upcoming tour on the bill?

Travis Scott headlined Benicassim and co-headlined Lollapalooza Paris this year. And he dropped out as a headliner for Pukkelpop. He played below Fall Out Boy at Reading and Leeds.

Edited by StupidDream

Why do people care so much about headliners? I understand that headliners is selling tickets, but for my festival experience the headliners almost always disappoint. The highlights is usually the bands in small print and Julia Holter and Parquet Courts are both great live acts.   

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Why do people care so much about headliners? I understand that headliners is selling tickets, but for my festival experience the headliners almost always disappoint. The highlights is usually the bands in small print and Julia Holter and Parquet Courts are both great live acts.   

I only wrote that it's interesting they didn't start with a headliner as this is what festivals usually do. Besides, I can't understand why would you care about other people's preferences. Let everyone decide what they are interested in.

Edited by mln
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mln said:

I only wrote that it's interesting they didn't start with a headliner as this is what festivals usually do. Besides, I can't understand why would you care about other people's preferences. Let everyone decide what they are interested in.

People can like whatever they want, no hate. I just find it weird that almost every festival thread in this forum is like this when festivals announce a headliner: "Will it be more headliners?" 

Do people want a festival with only headliners and only two big scenes?

Btw, Travis Scott will most likely play Orange scene as a headliner or co-headliner.   

22 hours ago, mln said:

Roskilde started last year with Stormzy as the biggest name and quickly followed up with announcements including both Bruno Mars and Cardi B and some was getting hyped aa others were close to losing their shit. It seems that they want to get the youngest part of their audience to get hyped first, and I can assure you that it seems to work. The Facebook thread is full of "kids" getting fired up for this autotune/moshpit inferno of Travis.

The older segment is shaking our heads slightly as we are seeing Copenhell book Tool and Northside getting Bon Iver/The Streets. Especially Tool hurts when you get served Travis Scott. I still have faith in the Line-Up. The undercard is always extraordinary and last year we got Eminem, Nick Cave, Anderson .Paak, Massive Attack, Gorillaz and many more at a quite late stage (January -> april).

• 4 weeks later...

18 new acts today:

• BROCKHAMPTON (US)
  • CHRISTINE AND THE QUEENS (FR)
  • JON HOPKINS (UK)
  • JUNGLE (UK)
  • SPIRITUALIZED (UK)
  • TEARS FOR FEARS (UK)
  • CONVERGE (US)
  • DENZEL CURRY (US)
  • FLOHIO (UK)
  • JOEY PURP (US)
  • KARKHANA (EG)
  • KONSTRUKT (TR)
  • THE MAURICE LOUCA ELEPHANTINE BAND (EG)
  • NENEH CHERRY (SE)
  • OCTAVIAN (UK)
  • POWER TRIP (US)
  • ROSS FROM FRIENDS (UK)
  • BRENN. (NO)

And Robyn has been announced earlier. 

Full lineup atm:
rf19_poster_29-11-18.png?width=707&heigh

• 2 months later...

Just looking at potential Glastonbury alternatives for if I fail in the resale.

Is it easy enough to access the festival from Copenhagen does anyone know?

Also can anyone give me an idea on prices inside the festival? Presuming with it being Denmark it's gonna be ridiculous, but worth asking.

18 hours ago, ConorC said:

Also can anyone give me an idea on prices inside the festival? Presuming with it being Denmark it's gonna be ridiculous, but worth asking.

Trains to the festival are easy enough – the site has its own station, and direct, it takes half an hour or so – but getting back after is trickier. We got cabs last year, which were around £50 a pop. 

Prices inside the festival are surprisingly alright, actually. Cheaper than in Copenhagen, and really not too dissimilar to most UK festivals.

Really interesting one: reminiscent of Glastonbury within the arena, and Reading in the campsites. (Would not recommend camping!)

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, ConorC said:

Roskilde is amazing - 12th time this summer and have not been to any festival that can top it (albeit I'm still short trying Sziget and Glastonbury). I can strongly reccomend trying it out.

The Campsite is a party war zone (I love it), but there is Silent & Clean options, where there has to be silent from 22.00 - 10.00 I believe. 

The prices are very reasonable and I have not been to a cheaper festival. On campsite you can get 24 ice cold 33cl beers for 20£. Beers are more expensive on festivalsite, but there you can get 1L of white or Rosé wine for 8£. That is my "value for money" drink on the festival.

Go go go

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ale said:

What surprises me about this festival is that it has so many act but very few that appealed to me, northside is so smaller but has better line ups

Northside is more Danish focused and hipster-ish for what concern the audience, tho. It depends if you go for the shows or the experience, for what I read 

3 hours ago, Ale said:

What surprises me about this festival is that it has so many act but very few that appealed to me, northside is so smaller but has better line ups

For me personally Roskilde somehow always wins the Line-Up competition. To some extent because of what you write exactly (often times you have no clue about half the bands even if you are into music). They are great at getting "the next stars" in the undercard and new love for new artists have started at Roskilde countless times for me. If you enjoy a wide variety of genres Roskilde is the festival to go to. I love that I can go straight from a World Music concert to a rock concert to a Hip hop concert to a pop party and so on. But if you e.g. are only into rock/metal you should go to a genre specific festival.

I've seen Tame Impala, Anderson .Paak, Asap Rocky, Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae, OFWGKTA,  Justice, Major Lazer, Gojira, Florence and The Machine, The National and many more as "small font" bands in tents/smaller stages.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I am happy with the lineup. The usual eclectic mix of great artists and interesting stuff on the smaller stages, and in a more manageable format than Glasto IMHO. Friday looks especially attractive. Just got to try and steer clear of the litre cartons of wine this year!  

5 hours ago, Deckard said:

Yeah I am happy with the lineup. The usual eclectic mix of great artists and interesting stuff on the smaller stages, and in a more manageable format than Glasto IMHO. Friday looks especially attractive. Just got to try and steer clear of the litre cartons of wine this year!  

I like the Line Up as well. Very decent in a mediocre year. BUT friday is the shitty day IMO :P Jungle will be amazing, but I've seen them twice already. And the acts lined up for Orange is weak by any standards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...