accessing glasto site without physical ticket

sozkous

Hi there.  very early days to be asking this but hoping someone can help!  I will be travelling abroad before Glasto so have arranged for my ticket to be dispatched to my sister's address.  I intend to meet her there (probably Gate A) as she'll be going on weds (i'm coming on thurs).   my key concern is whether I can get to the site in any form of public transport without my ticket?  I will be flying into Bristol and then had planned on getting a coach to site but think you need to have a ticket before you can board?  equally if I get a taxi to drop off point I don't think it's feasible to walk to Gate A from there?  trying to work out best option which doesn't involve my sis leaving the site on tues to meet me at drop off point!  any help greatly appreciated!  (Note she is also travelling by flight/bus but she'll obviously have her ticket).   Thanks!!

In the past I've used the shuttle bus in to Glastonbury without showing a ticket.  Even then, as long as you explain that you are picking up a ticket from the box office / sister, they should be understanding enough.

You get dropped off pretty much by Gate A so there's no worries about getting to it!

As for getting around the exterior of the site, it can be an absolute ball ache depending on where you are trying to get to.

It's not too bad getting from Gate A to D but anywhere else is a mission and a half so if she can meet you by Gate A, you'll have no issues at all!

• Like 1

If you're meeting at PED-A the easiest option is to get to Bath & West showground and use the free shuttle bus from there as it drops you off right outside PED-A.

She'll have to leave the festival (don't forget to collect a pass-out card or she won't get back in) and the ticket office is on the right as you walk down from the buses.

The shuttle  bus route seems to get preference on the traffic control around the site so should be quicker than trying to get a taxi drop-off.

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised folks think meeting at the gate would work. I'm thinking of the lines of barriers as you approach the gate and various security making sure you keep moving. Where exactly would you meet someone?

On 10/24/2018 at 8:10 AM, Boris said:

I'm surprised folks think meeting at the gate would work. I'm thinking of the lines of barriers as you approach the gate and various security making sure you keep moving. Where exactly would you meet someone?

On 10/23/2018 at 6:28 PM, sozkous said:

That's great.  Thanks so much.   And I can get on the shuttle bus without a ticket? Just worried as sure I read otherwise?! 

You should be fine to meet before the lines of barriers / at the back of any queue, but depending on the ground conditions / queue size that may go a bit wrong. 

If you wanted to be totally sure of meeting without issues, I would suggest that the person already in the festival takes the shuttle bus out of the festival to the showground and meet you there. They can also then help you carry your stuff into the fest!

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:10 AM, Boris said:

The poster isn't arriving until the Thursday - Id agree entirely if it was Wednesday morning!

On 10/23/2018 at 3:00 PM, sozkous said:

Hi there.  very early days to be asking this but hoping someone can help!  I will be travelling abroad before Glasto so have arranged for my ticket to be dispatched to my sister's address.  I intend to meet her there (probably Gate A) as she'll be going on weds (i'm coming on thurs).   my key concern is whether I can get to the site in any form of public transport without my ticket?  I will be flying into Bristol and then had planned on getting a coach to site but think you need to have a ticket before you can board?  equally if I get a taxi to drop off point I don't think it's feasible to walk to Gate A from there?  trying to work out best option which doesn't involve my sis leaving the site on tues to meet me at drop off point!  any help greatly appreciated!  (Note she is also travelling by flight/bus but she'll obviously have her ticket).   Thanks!!

Can she not post it recorded to you before?

14 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Can she not post it recorded to you before?

I wouldn't trust the postal system with my golden ticket. If it gets lost you're snookered and it does happen. There have been threads on here, one in particular I believe is a neighbour signed for the ticket and denied it. Can't remember what happened but no way. I would want it handed to me by someone I trust. 

10 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I wouldn't trust the postal system with my golden ticket. If it gets lost you're snookered and it does happen. There have been threads on here, one in particular I believe is a neighbour signed for the ticket and denied it. Can't remember what happened but no way. I would want it handed to me by someone I trust. 

Oh God I totally agree,just trying to think of a solution for the guy.