Respect the Females (and other rules)

kalifire

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I've also chickened out of the meet the last couple of years. However IF I manage to get a ticket in the resale there's a decent chance I'll be camping solo (mates will be in TF and it's likely to be full by then), so hopefully that'll encourage me to come along. In particular I definitely owe @Woffy a pint or two for responding to me on twitter when I'm drunk and talking politics

Tickets shall be acquired.

Pints shall be exchanged.

Bollox shall be talked.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

I chickened out of coming to the last meet, partly because of introversion and also because I’d made the disasterous decision to promise everyone ciders if the Foos played Frome. 

I’d really like to be there in 2019 though. Still too introverted for a group camp even though I go solo, but you’re a fine bunch of humans and your company would be my pleasure. 

Kali, I think - and i'm sure others will agree - that your altruistic efforts a year previously more than balances out your 'pint owing' karma. Sterling effort.

Also:

I'm hoping everyone on here will be at the meet. I've found it tricky the last few years with arriving late due to work / child care, but this year Wednesday is my child-free 'day off', so i'm definitely going. Already anticipating the looks I get when returning smashed to family camping sans child.

If anyone is a bit nervous rocking up alone (I'm not really bothered), i'm happy to meet up just beforehand and wander down together for a bit of initial moral support / encouragement.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Wednesday meet is a good one because you've seen really only got drinking to do on Wednesday. Other stuff is happening on Thursday.

That's not true.  You've got to get there and get set up.  In 2014 I ended up on a Thursday coach and in 2016 the traffic was so bad, I didn't get pitched until about 11.  

I had fully intended to pop along in 2017 as I was on site earlier due to working it but I had bottled it plus I found it difficult to try and explain to the mrs that I was off to meet people i talk to on the Internet although she is aware as I'm usually passing on the lineup info that I get.  2016 I had no chance due to traffic. I'll see what I can do this time around as I should be on site early again however I have been tasked with showing some newbies around. 

14 hours ago, H.M.V said:

It would be awesome to have a drink with you. Although I will be most upset if Mia Wallace doesn't rock up. Lol Can meet up before the meet if you want. :D

14 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah thank you :) And you. If it helps I have a very similar haircut, although I don't smoke cigarettes any more

ZMG at the meet

miagif.gif.c042ae01049fa9ae380d7d1be0a79111.gif

ZMG after the meet :D

miagif2.gif.d6510a8223c637d181b04c36626fbfb1.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Quark said:

Lucky guess :)

Just be warned if you meet up with @H.M.V first, she will then take you by the wrist and pull you around and introduce you to people! (love you dude ;))

That might actually be helpful tbh. My confidence levels very much vary depending on the day and how much I've had to drink but I think I will need a push! It's silly because I've met loads of people off the internet over the years, I think it's just the big group aspect...

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That might actually be helpful tbh. My confidence levels very much vary depending on the day and how much I've had to drink but I think I will need a push! It's silly because I've met loads of people off the internet over the years, I think it's just the big group aspect...

It's not actually like walking into a party and not knowing anyone. It's often hard to know where the efesters are with a core group (Neil, Scotty, Kizzie, Pear Cider, Deebeedoobee and Woody to mention a few) then a bunch of scoundrels and misfits hovering around. It's great craic and shure I'll look after ye. I'm determined not to get too w*nkered beforehand this year. :D 

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Last year pal, in case you hadn't noticed this year was a fallow year. There was no festival this year Stu. Fallow year. There there

:lol: still feels like this year to me too, odd this fallow year lark.

Edited by JayBalls