Respect the Females (and other rules)

kalifire

3 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

How about saying hi  to strangers you walk past, like when you're on holiday in the Lake 
District and everyone says "Hi/ good morning / good afternoon"

It just makes me smile a bit  :) 

Nice idea, but saying hi to every stranger you walk past at Glastonbury is a big commitment.

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

That looks gorgeous!  I will certainly bear it in mind if we ever get round to planning a weekend in Bridgnorth!

Nice one. 

I've got to go back to Birmingham tomorrow for the funeral of a friend's mom. The funeral will be somber, but the wake has every chance of becoming the most messiest wake that I have ever attended - and I have attended my fair share of messy wakes. I could go in to detail, but wont, because those activities really aren't what wakes are normally composed of, and I think it would be disrespectful to the living!

Anyway, my mate's mom was indeed one of life's stars. A gregarious lady, with a heart of gold. RIP Lady Di.

As an aside - she used to score her dope off an MP. I shit you not!

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Nice one. 

I've got to go back to Birmingham tomorrow for the funeral of a friend's mom. The funeral will be somber, but the wake has every chance of becoming the most messiest wake that I have ever attended - and I have attended my fair share of messy wakes. I could go in to detail, but wont, because those activities really aren't what wakes are normally composed of, and I think it would be disrespectful to the living!

Anyway, my mate's mom was indeed one of life's stars. A gregarious lady, with a heart of gold. RIP Lady Di.

As an aside - she used to score her dope off an MP. I shit you not!

I may be seriously in danger of racial stereotyping here but is the family Irish (i hasten to add, not because of her scoring dope but I've always thought they have the best wakes).

I always find Birmingham a bit of an enigma, I like it but it doesn't grab me, I think I just don't find it very charming in the centre. It's just the easiest place to get to for gigs etc but it's too far away for an average night out.  The last train back is always interesting though!

3 minutes ago, battleborn said:

A swingers wake then?

No, you are projecting. That said, a female friend of mine did come on (heavily) to the sister of another friend at their dad's wake. This involved snogging her and feeling her parts in a pub lock in, after the main wake had finished - and descended in to something more akin to Sodom and Gomorrah!

11 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I may be seriously in danger of racial stereotyping here but is the family Irish (i hasten to add, not because of her scoring dope but I've always thought they have the best wakes).

I always find Birmingham a bit of an enigma, I like it but it doesn't grab me, I think I just don't find it very charming in the centre. It's just the easiest place to get to for gigs etc but it's too far away for an average night out.  The last train back is always interesting though!

I know where you are coming from, but the family are English. My folks are Irish, so am accustomed to the 'intensity' of some Irish wakes.

I got to know this lad later on in life. I've met his school mates and they all revered his mom. When they had nowhere to go at the end of the night, then they'd all go back to hers, even though her son wasn't always there. Then she'd cook them all a hearty breakfast. She loved people. She was love personified ie not a bad bone in her body. 

If you go to Birmingham, you really need to head down to the Digbeth area if you want a night out - a long night out, that is. Don't do the central town business.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I know where you are coming from, but the family are English. My folks are Irish, so am accustomed to the 'intensity' of some Irish wakes.

I got to know this lad later on in life. I've met his school mates and they all revered his mom. When they had nowhere to go at the end of the night, then they'd all go back to hers, even though her son wasn't always there. Then she'd cook them all a hearty breakfast. She loved people. She was love personified ie not a bad bone in her body. 

If you go to Birmingham, you really need to head down to the Digbeth area if you want a night out - a long night out, that is. Don't do the central town business.

The only place I know in Digbeth is the bus station - not known for its nightlife!