Respect the Females (and other rules)

kalifire

9 minutes ago, Pear_Cider said:

My apologies. When I quoted H.M.V from a few pages back I hadn't read ahead and so didn't realise that I'd be dropping my post right in the middle of a serious topic under discussion. Hope it didn't come across as trivial considering its placement.

It's a welcome relief and would prefer more of it please. Kinda sick of arguing with men about harrassment. X

How about saying hi  to strangers you walk past, like when you're on holiday in the Lake 
District and everyone says "Hi/ good morning / good afternoon"

It just makes me smile a bit  :) 

Edit: I didn't read where this thread had gone when I posted this comment :scratchhead:

Edited by gmb1992

But back to Kali's original point...

Cigarette butts. I fucking hate cigarette butts. If one's stubbed out it's really not hard to keep hold of it until you find a bin.

Can't find a pic online and can't be arsed to dig it out of my festival gear in the garage, but at Beautiful Days this year they were dishing out little plastic and foil cigarette stub wallets.  They're foil lined, and when you close them it creates a seal so any residual burn is quickly snuffed out. Holds 5 or 6 butts I think. I'd very much like to see these, and their usage promoted a bit more!

EDIT - it was these little bad boys, but charity branded I think http://myashtray.com/

Edited by Quark

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Cigarette butts. I fucking hate cigarette butts. If one's stubbed out it's really not hard to keep hold of it until you find a bin.

Can't find a pic online and can't be arsed to dig it out of my festival gear in the garage, but at Beautiful Days this year they were dishing out little plastic and foil cigarette stub wallets.  They're foil lined, and when you close them it creates a seal so any residual burn is quickly snuffed out. Holds 5 or 6 butts I think. I'd very much like to see these, and their usage promoted a bit more!

I got one of those a few years back at Glastonbury (2013 i think), it was at a cigarette stand over in the Common and they gave it to me with  a pack of ciggies. They work great as you can fit quite a few butts in them and empty them into the bin when you find one.

Not sure why they didn't catch on. 

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Because to most people sadly putting their butts in a little pouch is still too much effort when compared to just chucking them on the floor.

Sadly you're right. Fuck people.

Watching something on telly with Mrs Q the other night and it showed the massive landfill site in Greece just outside Athens.  At this point I swore and pointed out that we as a species don't deserve a planet :(

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Because to most people sadly putting their butts in a little pouch is still too much effort when compared to just chucking them on the floor.

Man, I've been to the efests meet, lovely people, I had a blast, but the last thing I want to see is most people there putting their butts in a little pouch.

49 minutes ago, Quark said:

EDIT - it was these little bad boys, but charity branded I think http://myashtray.com/

I buy one of those little tins of mints in aldi or lidl then use as an ashtray when i used to smoke. ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

How about saying hi  to strangers you walk past, like when you're on holiday in the Lake 
District and everyone says "Hi/ good morning / good afternoon"

It just makes me smile a bit  :) 

Edit: I didn't read where this thread had gone when I posted this comment :scratchhead:

We live in the lake district and it's definitely one of the lovely things about living here. ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

We do it quite a bit in Shropshire too.  Mandatory if walking in the hills.

I moved to Shropshire just over a year ago, and can confirm that people seem a lot friendlier in public than the city I left (Birmingham). That's not to say that people aren't friendly in Birmingham, because there are many that are. I think it's just that in the countryside / little country towns their isn't this insular stance. You feel far less on edge than in a city.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I moved to Shropshire just over a year ago, and can confirm that people seem a lot friendlier in public than the city I left (Birmingham). That's not to say that people aren't friendly in Birmingham, because there are many that are. I think it's just that in the countryside / little country towns their isn't this insular stance. You feel far less on edge than in a city.

Ooh whereabouts are you?

Just outside Shrewsbury in a village called Hanwood.  I love Bridgnorth - it's a nice sized attractive town with some lovely pubs!  We really like the White Lion - a home brew pub with great local pies and scotch eggs.  In fact I suggested spending an overnight stay in Bridgnorth so that we could do a pub crawl as usually one of us has to drive.  

7 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Just outside Shrewsbury in a village called Hanwood.  I love Bridgnorth - it's a nice sized attractive town with some lovely pubs!  We really like the White Lion - a home brew pub with great local pies and scotch eggs.  In fact I suggested spending an overnight stay in Bridgnorth so that we could do a pub crawl as usually one of us has to drive.  

Living up to your name there. :D

4 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Well, if you ever need a place to stay then I can thoroughly recommend this place (see link). However, I would say that because I own and run it.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/26798255?adults=1&children=0&infants=0&s=BASgEaF6

Yeah, Bridgnorth has a special place in our hearts. It's lovely to live in such a quaint town, and walks along the river are marvellous. I've been in the White Lion a few times, and really rate the real ales that they sell. And it's true, the local pies and scotch eggs are great. 

I really like Shropshire. I had no idea how beautiful the scenery is until moved here.

13 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well, if you ever need a place to stay then I can thoroughly recommend this place (see link). However, I would say that because I own and run it.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/26798255?adults=1&children=0&infants=0&s=BASgEaF6

Yeah, Bridgnorth has a special place in our hearts. It's lovely to live in such a quaint town, and walks along the river are marvellous. I've been in the White Lion a few times, and really rate the real ales that they sell. And it's true, the local pies and scotch eggs are great. 

I really like Shropshire. I had no idea how beautiful the scenery is until moved here.

That looks gorgeous!  I will certainly bear it in mind if we ever get round to planning a weekend in Bridgnorth!