Respect the Females (and other rules)

kalifire

6 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

What a post-modern twist to the thread: an explanation of all the forum 'in-jokes.'  Woffy - I agree that this sort of thing isn't intended to exclude people; I just have a sense-of-humour-failure about shared group banter, as I'm inherently anti-social.  The only reason I got up on my soap box about this thread was that mass forum handbag battles are depressing, but I got it wrong: kalifire was just being witty rather than raising a mob.

(Re. Pippa's van.  As H.M.V. points out: sleazy, but also a bit misogynistic.  I didn't get on my soap box about this one though as, in all likelihood, Pippa and her van were only ever a work of fiction, and I didn't want to fan the flames.)

A BIT misogynistic. Try a fucking lot. It makes me cringe everytime I see someone crack that joke and even more so when it's people I like. But as per I just tried to downplay it. 

And of course it was fiction and I'd bet my bottom dollar it wasn't by a woman. 

37 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

As a Canadian theres an extra level of encryption on this forum. It took me a few days to realize Macca=Paul McCartney, Madge= Madonna...

Now I'm gunna have to figure out what/who/where Gazza is?

Says you lot with yer ‘pencil crayons’!

THEY’RE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!

?

I’ll bet you a two-four - or at least a loonie - you’ll have picked up all the lingo by June  

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Right, hopefully this works! 

20181023_201233_resized.thumb.jpg.48986f8ea08ccb9899a391caebd3ec40.jpg

First you squash the middle in. Not all the way, enough to start it.

20181023_201251_resized.thumb.jpg.001a6bdd2b22af8c29cd51a12fd5adeb.jpg

Then you rotate 90 and squash the top and bottom in a bit. Can starts to fold in now.

20181023_201318_resized.thumb.jpg.8bb833246f12a96201eab183e46c40fd.jpg

Now the folds are in place, squash the bastard flat.

20181023_201336_resized.thumb.jpg.7ba1279da79851704dacb301bbc84b01.jpg

Did you stamp on it or sit on it?

Anyone who can successfully put a can on the ground and stomp on it with any degree of accuracy ain’t doing glastonbury right, i reckon.

If I tried that, i’d end up flat on my arse, probably a tooth knocked out, a welly at least 7ft away and the untouched can standing pristine in the middle of a scene of devastation

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Blisterpack said:

Because disrespecting women because they are women is a thing really, whereas disrespecting men because they are men isn’t. Showing respect generally is obviously a good thing, but for the sake of this discussion then misogynistic behaviour awareness on the part of men would be something I would put right up there alongside not pissing in bushes. Higher probably. 

Because disrespecting women because they are women is a thing really, whereas disrespecting men because they are men isn’t

What the fuck is that.. You might as well say if you see a pritty girl AND YOU ARE SINGLE.. Then you shouldn't go over IF YOU ARE A CONFIDENT MAN and say hi how enjoying the festival. Shit you never know they might just like each other.. 

Listen I've been married for nearly 25 years together over 30 and I'd like to think that I am a gentleman to other women.. But sometimes people like you put this sort of thing up and it makes me feel like you and others like you think that we men are all twats that go around treating women like meat 

Well I'll tell you what 99% of us so called misogynistic men are actually quite nice fucking people and if you don't stopped putting it out there like AHH ALL MEN are like this.. Then in the end no man will be able to chat to a girl cos they will be in fear of saying or doing the wrong thing.. 

Love each other respect each other... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Yes! Me too. The one that took me the longest was working out Jay Z and Beyoncé were the Carters!

Gazza I think is a forum member with a few more down votes than the average member (thewayiam). He gets a bit of stick.

Ah, thanks! I got "the carters" at least ?

25 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Says you lot with yer ‘pencil crayons’!

THEY’RE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!

?

I’ll bet you a two-four - or at least a loonie - you’ll have picked up all the lingo by June  

I know Canadian english isnt any better!

This will be my 3rd Glasto, and I've been on the forum over a year now... I'm definitely more comfortable with some of the lingo but new ones pop up every day ?

I said "bloody" in real life the other day and people looked at me funny. 

51 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Oh I'm sure someone will come along soon and tell you how you'll hear me and my sweary voice before you'd notice whatever colour my hair is likely to be at the farm. :D

I remember being accosted by two lovely ladies... Was a great... Xx

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Because disrespecting women because they are women is a thing really, whereas disrespecting men because they are men isn’t

What the fuck is that.. You might as well say if you see a pritty girl AND YOU ARE SINGLE.. Then you shouldn't go over IF YOU ARE A CONFIDENT MAN and say hi how enjoying the festival. Shit you never know they might just like each other.. 

Listen I've been married for nearly 25 years together over 30 and I'd like to think that I am a gentleman to other women.. But sometimes people like you put this sort of thing up and it makes me feel like you and others like you think that we men are all twats that go around treating women like meat 

Well I'll tell you what 99% of us so called misogynistic men are actually quite nice fucking people and if you don't stopped putting it out there like AHH ALL MEN are like this.. Then in the end no man will be able to chat to a girl cos they will be in fear of saying or doing the wrong thing.. 

Love each other respect each other... 

I hate that theres this "air of fear" supposedly around talking to women now. But if you know youre a respectful human, as you surely do and surely are, just be who you are. I welcome a chat from a stranger, no matter the gender.

As someone who has had a exposed penis pushed into her back at glasto... I think all we as women are trying to potray is that safety and respect isnt always a give in for us. Had I have been just with my other female friend... that situation may have turned badly. 

I dont let this cloud my judgement of men... but I do have a certain level of apprehension for my safety in certain situations, and although I try not to alter my behaviours, it is a thought in my mind whenever I do something. 

I've honestly met the nicest respectful guys I've ever met at this festival... 

But even if 1 in 10,000 are a w*nker... some women are going to be having bad experiences. We know its the minority but we still have to stay safe. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I hate that theres this "air of fear" supposedly around talking to women now. But if you know youre a respectful human, as you surely do and surely are, just be who you are. I welcome a chat from a stranger, no matter the gender.

As someone who has had a exposed penis pushed into her back at glasto... I think all we as women are trying to potray is that safety and respect isnt always a give in for us. Had I have been just with my other female friend... that situation may have turned badly. 

I dont let this cloud my judgement of men... but I do have a certain level of apprehension for my safety in certain situations, and although I try not to alter my behaviours, it is a thought in my mind whenever I do something. 

But even if 1 in 10,000 are a w*nker... some women are going to be having bad experiences. We know its the minority but we still have to stay safe. 

Well said MetaKate, we know that not all men are dicks, but even if there's just one in the crowd poking you with his cock (WTF?!) that's one too many.

38 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You gonna bring the table with you as well, smart guy?

36 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Did you stamp on it or sit on it?

34 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Anyone who can successfully put a can on the ground and stomp on it with any degree of accuracy ain’t doing glastonbury right, i reckon.

All done by hand gents. Once those folds are in 'tis easy enough to squash it in the mitts. Fingers on the bottom rim, heels of the hands on the top rim, and squeeze.

If I can be arsed to buy another tin of pop I'll do a video :lol:

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

That's great. Not the penis bit.. 

Believe it or not I nowadays have to think about what I do or say.... There definitely isn't the same respect given to people at festivals or anywhere so it's not just a woman thing which is what annoyed me in the op post.. 

I had a bloke face to face last year at the killers.. I had my granddaughter on my shoulders.... She was a bit frightened but it was OK. I put her down and had a word......!!!!!! ##!

That same year I helped to get a bloke who was in a wheelchair through the crowd.. I didn't know that they had lovely ladies /girls that work at the festival and help them..... Anyway half way along the track at the other stage some lad started shouting " what gives him the right"  imagine that a bloke in a fucking wheelchair.. AT GLASTONBURY 

Couldn't believe it..... You should have grabbed his penis and let people know what he was doing lol.. 

Stay safe and I hope shit like that doesn't happen again.. 

19 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Hey my lovely, I would love to buy you a drink at the Ridge and Furrow on the farm. Perfect explanation. Thank you. x

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Believe it or not I nowadays have to think about what I do or say.... There definitely isn't the same respect given to people at festivals or anywhere so it's not just a woman thing which is what annoyed me in the op post.. 

I had a bloke face to face last year at the killers.. I had my granddaughter on my shoulders.... She was a bit frightened but it was OK. I put her down and had a word......!!!!!! ##!

That same year I helped to get a bloke who was in a wheelchair through the crowd.. I didn't know that they had lovely ladies /girls that work at the festival and help them..... Anyway half way along the track at the other stage some lad started shouting " what gives him the right"  imagine that a bloke in a fucking wheelchair.. AT GLASTONBURY 

Couldn't believe it..... You should have grabbed his penis and let people know what he was doing lol.. 

Guy, I know you mean well and you know I've got a lot of respect for you and know what you're going through at the moment. But please do me a favour and back away from this subject. We know men have problems too but what we're trying to explain is that we often have to plan our route before we even leave our home. 

Peace and love. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Hmmmm.... So I get a mouthful of misinformed bile for saying that respect for women needs to be something that men are conscious of - and I stand by that 100% despite you misrepresenting me - yet when someone who has an actual tale to tell which supports it says something similar you find your sensitive side. My wife had a bad experience at Glastonbury several years ago. We nearly didn’t return. We did, but we see things very differently these days. Oh and we have a son who is single and always seems to be ‘on the lookout’. He is also respectful to women. Most men are. 

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Oh theres disrespect everywhere, on all sides! There are some real assholes out there. 

But the difference is outlined in your post.. where you can have words with another bloke who is disrespectful to you, I couldnt have just grabbed this guys penis. He was about 6'5" and could have seriously injured me, and even after my friend (small guy) telling him to fuck off, he didnt, and it resulted in us having to leave the venue. We even tried moving to a different location in the venue and he followed. 

Respect on all sides is the way forward... unfortunately its the shitheads yelling at people in wheelchairs or the ones poking their peckers into people that need to change. 

Just now, MetaKate said:

Oh theres disrespect everywhere, on all sides! There are some real assholes out there. 

But the difference is outlined in your post.. where you can have words with another bloke who is disrespectful to you, I couldnt have just grabbed this guys penis. He was about 6'5" and could have seriously injured me, and even after my friend (small guy) telling him to fuck off, he didnt, and it resulted in us having to leave the venue. We even tried moving to a different location in the venue and he followed. 

Respect on all sides is the way forward... unfortunately its the shitheads yelling at people in wheelchairs or the ones poking their peckers into people that need to change. 

I would have thought grabbing a guys penis that was stuck in your back would have also been construed as a sexual act in favour of the penis thruster. Like why would a woman want to touch a penis being thrusted into their back? This is the fundamental difference in views. Why is this always so hard to hear. 

23 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Well said MetaKate, we know that not all men are dicks, but even if there's just one in the crowd poking you with his cock (WTF?!) that's one too many.

18 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Hey my lovely, I would love to buy you a drink at the Ridge and Furrow on the farm. Perfect explanation. Thank you. x

Cheers guys, thanks xo