Summer Sessions 2019

Stuart1000

10 minutes ago, Red Day said:

None of those although AlterBridge remains a possibility 

Wow unheard of! Loopallu, Feeder, Monsterfest? I think I have tickets to Waterboys in Aberdeen but nothing at the new arena yet ( I don't think, that's no guarantee that I haven't forgotten). Did anyone do 1975? After seemingly everyone being at Cure and Foos I've not seen a single report on their show.

3 hours ago, devilman said:

Wow unheard of! Loopallu, Feeder, Monsterfest? I think I have tickets to Waterboys in Aberdeen but nothing at the new arena yet ( I don't think, that's no guarantee that I haven't forgotten). Did anyone do 1975? After seemingly everyone being at Cure and Foos I've not seen a single report on their show.

Only thing I’d have gone to so far at the new arena is Alice Cooper but I’m away on holiday. Did a visit on the open day and it’s a fabulous venue. Without being at a gig yet I’m thinking it’s a better venue than the Hydro. No reason for bands not to venture up north now.,

Am I the only one here?

Been to Bellahouston Park again on Sunday, caught Pale Waves onwards. Saw You Me At Six and Twin Atlantic first time, and enjoyed both sets accompanied by the Glaswegian chant — “Here we go, here we go, here we fxxkin’ go!”

I’m not a fan of The 1975 in particular, but they put on a good show. Helped by an inventive stage set/props, colorful lightings and two dancers, their performance was quite entertaining as well as uplifting — they certainly deserve a headlining status now. 

What struck me is the demographic of the fans. Unlike The Cure day, the majority of them, around 70-80 percent, were young girls. “One Direction crowd” indeed.