Summer Sessions 2019

Stuart1000

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

While I'm excited for The Cure, I'm finding myself getting more and more excited about seeing The Twilight Sad as well.

The Twilight Sad at the Barrowlands in March was one of the best gigs I've been to, them and Mogwai is probably about as good as you could hope for in terms of support acts. I was a bit gutted The Cure never played Disintegration at NOS Alive so I really hope they play it here. The weather looks quite grim for Friday but The National were fantastic in the pouring rain last week and I've got no doubt this will be the same.

Think we'll get more detailed timings or is music from 15:30 about as detailed as we'll get?

For Sat maybe something like:

15:30     Hot Milk

16:30     The Van T's

17:30     Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

19:00     Slaves

20:30     Foos

That would give the Foos 2 hrs 30 mins before the music ends (officially) though will prob be more like 2 hrs 15 mins.

I was in front of the sound desk and had no idea how big the crowd was until I started heading out. They can’t have been far off selling it out. 

Some gig though. The Joy Formidable were a decent start and The Twilight Sad were excellent as usual, you could see how much playing to a big crowd in Glasgow meant to them. Really enjoyed Mogwai too and The Cure’s setlist was pretty much perfect. Between this and the Kelvingrove gigs I’ve had a brilliant couple of weeks for gigs in Glasgow.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Definitely recommend walking boots or wellies today. The grounds alright near the stage but pretty muddy elsewhere.

Agreed. By the end of The Cure’s set, the ground turned into a quagmire. My trainers were covered in mud to ankle. For anyone who goes on Saturday, I’d recommend wellies rather than walking boots. Beware, deep deep mud here and there.

The Cure’s performance was almost impeccable, nothing short of brilliant. And their first Scottish appearance in twenty-seven years. A night to remember.

Ground was way better for Foos after they put straw down and a bit of wind and sun did its thing. Both days were excellent. Cure were totally amazing. Less so was the bus queue to get back to town. Ended up walking. Got the train the 2nd night. That was a far better experience.