No More Lost Horizon Sauna & Solar Stage

Dukeicon

Presumably there's a cut-off date by when the organisers will have to confirm to the festival if they'll definitely be there... maybe not the Nov 14th traders cut off.. but the fest will surely need to know some months before in case they need to invite someone else- or at least plan an alternative use for the plot. I'm guessing it's already agreed... but good luck with the crowd funding.. it's a harmless way to help maintain a familiar and important feature of the fest. I've not visited - although I probably should at least once- but I'm glad it's there.

19 hours ago, uscore said:

hey ob :)

how's the fund raising going?

Hello Underscore! Yes, I am indeed oxfordblues from VloodyCloody (a bunch of festival friends, by the way). We've already reached £2.875,  over 47% of our £6,000 target. The average donation so far this month has been £100 per day, gratifyingly. So if it continues at the same rate we should reach our target in about 30 days, let's say by mid-December. The financial shortfall is actually £6,606 - plus there are expenses of £1,630 specifically for Glastonbury. 

Thank you to everyone who has contributed. If you haven't yet, please see if you can send a small amount our way. It's a really good cause and many people are passionate about its benefits. Did you know that regular sauna-users can expect to live 10 years longer than the average? And the joy of naked trampolining is something everyone should experience once in their lives! It's a wonderful venue.

I should dispel any fears that there might be an empty space next June in the Tipi Field where Lost Horizon should be. Emily Eavis has told me personally that she believes it to be an essential part of the Festival's ethos (alongside the Green Futures, the Permaculture Garden and SAMS Sauna, for example). She wanted to visit us last year but didn't have time in the end.

Here's the link:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/lost-horizon

• Upvote 2

Just a gentle bump to keep this thread prominent. I'm delighted to report that we have now sailed past the 50% mark and are well on our way to achieving our target of £6,000 by Christmas. Please copy this to anyone you think might want to contribute to the survival of the wonderful Lost Horizon and its unique ethos. Thank you!

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/lost-horizon

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Old_Johno said:

So by the looks of the just giving page they’ve reached their goal! Is it too late to jump on the just giving and donate to get a pass? 

I'm sure there'd be no problem doing that. it's effectively just paying for the pass in advance 

1 hour ago, SouthbanKen said:

Here is my question, in a year like 2017 with the sun a blazing, how much sun screen do you guys need to apply if your spending all day in the buff? And what about the, er, hard to reach areas? 

The mind boggles but delighted you will be back in 2019.

I find one good application of Piz Buin All day factor 30 generally lasts a whole day, and protects those parts which rarely see the sun... or a Todger sunhat perhaps?