No More Lost Horizon Sauna & Solar Stage

Dukeicon

2 minutes ago, sime said:

It won't happen. IF it did, all you do is have a cold shower or sit down/lie on your front and it will soon go away. Lost Horizons is far to relaxed a place for things like that. That being said I did once have a 3 day whirlwind Glastonbury/Lost Horizons romance with a lady who was working there. So it's not a nunnery but honestly, you have nothing to worry about :)

oohhhh haha 

soooo, I donated as I have never been to that area of the site and thought it was just solar powered showers, however the thread implies that it's a naturist field ?

If I just want a shower can I just pop in and have a shower ?

public speaking terririfes me to the poing of going mute, so the thought of having to stroll around naked with strangers is on another level!

19 minutes ago, paulshane said:

If I just want a shower can I just pop in and have a shower 

Yeah you can and some do. It is technically clothing optional although the majority don't bother. So you just need to be prepared to see others dressed that way. As for public speaking i am with you.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Picture them all in their underwear...

About 5 years ago the place was packed with naked sunbathers and the next stage act was a burlesque stripper girl.

She started as a female Charlie Chapman and stripped down to nipple tassels and big burlesque pants doing the whole slow revealing dance stuff.

But.... at the end of her act she was still wearing 3 items of clothing more than EVERY member of the audience and therefore was arguably the biggest prude of the lot!

She only had one job to do......

6 hours ago, Havors said:

Yeah It is intriguing but as childish as it sounds I would be terrified of becoming aroused and being thrown out... 

You have no idea how glad I am that someone else asked that question first :lol:

Nearly 30 years of rugby kind of makes being naked the least of my worries, but it's generally a very different environment. Or I'm drunk. Either way arousal is really not an issue!

26 minutes ago, Quark said:

You have no idea how glad I am that someone else asked that question first :lol:

Nearly 30 years of rugby kind of makes being naked the least of my worries, but it's generally a very different environment. Or I'm drunk. Either way arousal is really not an issue!

When ive had a drink im sort of the opposite... no end in sight if you know what i mean?? haha does this place turn into an orgy of a night when everyone is wasted? haha 

Instead of being terrified of getting a stiffie, when I used the communal Greenpeace showers a couple of years back I had . . ahem . . . more or less the opposite problem. I had what can only be described as ‘exercise dick’. 

The poor fella shrivelled up and resorted to something of a hibernative state. Not the worst problem, cos I was there to shower and not to worry about penis size (and as soon as I took my specs off I couldn’t see a bloody thing anyway ??), but I did feel a bit like announcing in a loud and entirely secure, masculine, manly voice: “he’s not normally this small you know lads!” 

Anyways: I’d be quite up for the sauna thing, but I have to get a ticket first ??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, paulshane said:

public speaking terririfes me to the poing of going mute, so the thought of having to stroll around naked with strangers is on another level!

I'm speaking at a conference tomorrow and I'd definitely rather stroll around naked with strangers!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Instead of being terrified of getting a stiffie, when I used the communal Greenpeace showers a couple of years back I had . . ahem . . . more or less the opposite problem. I had what can only be described as ‘exercise dick’. 

The poor fella shrivelled up and resorted to something of a hibernative state. Not the worst problem, cos I was there to shower and not to worry about penis size (and as soon as I took my specs off I couldn’t see a bloody thing anyway ??), but I did feel a bit like announcing in a loud and entirely secure, masculine, manly voice: “he’s not normally this small you know lads!” 

Anyways: I’d be quite up for the sauna thing, but I have to get a ticket first ??

Shrinkage_nqgmc5.gif

28 minutes ago, uscore said:

how big is the sauna?  Is there usually a queue for it?  Is it really hot?  Some of the public ones I went to in Finland were lethal but I like the one at my gym.

20 seated but you often squeeze more in. It is hot but you can vary the heat by how close you sit to the fire. Its a humid heat rather than a skin burning heat if thats what you mean. 

31 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Would one be very out of place in swimwear? What day does it generally open?

19 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Swim wear is fine. Seriously no one cares. It opens Wednesday or occasionally Tuesday evening for crew. 

Yeah you can wear swimsuits. You will likely be a minority but no-one will make a thing of it,  its about being comfortable and accepting no matter what

Hello, I'm one of the Lost Horizon crew and thought I'd pop in here to update you on progress with our Crowdfunding appeal. We're just approaching 50% of our £6000 target and I'm confident that at the current rate of donations we'll get there by Christmas. The whole ethos of Lost Horizon is based on love, acceptance and respect and it's a unique venue for relaxing non-sexual social nudity. People have told me it's changed their lives, helped them eliminate their body-shame and made them more easy-going.

But then of course there's money: everything has to be paid for, not least the truck that conveys the infrastructure. So I hope you'll consider contributing even a small amount. I spoke to Emily Eavis last year and she told me she's very supportive, considering Lost Horizon to be reminder of the "hippy" spirit that's still a part of the Festival's unique atmosphere  Thank you!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3