No More Lost Horizon Sauna & Solar Stage

Dukeicon

That's it, I mean I tend to go at least once per day so is always the festival pass. But I think this year it is an occasion for those that usually think 'that sounds cool I night give it a go when I'm there' to bite the cherry early and get a pass before you can back out :) 

• Upvote 1

There is a separate tee-pee for changing in and leaving your stuff. you can leave any expensive things at the desk I believe.

What happens is you just slow down a bit and just be you. There is the Sauna which is the big draw, and thus showers for after (cold and they added hot last year) there is a chill out tee-pee, a live music / poetry stage. Fire pit to chill out by or lawn to sunbathe / take yoga class on. The have a cafe on site too, so you can get a cuppa or lunch (the mezze is really good)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Apologies for a crass question, but... doesn't it get a bit stinky by Friday?

Which bit, the sauna? I presume it gets cleaned, certainly never noticed any stink. Those visiting will pretty much have a shower after the sauna each time, so as the weekend goes on will be among the cleaner people on site.

11 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Does what get a bit stinky?

Well, you've got a lot of people who can't/don't shower properly for days whilst at the festival, so I'm just wondering whether getting those people in close proximity with little/nowt on, might get a bit smelly.

Edited by kalifire

Everyone there is (and do) shower regularly. Actually they probably smell less because they're not wearing anything (especially on damp Glasto) as it's the clothes get that musty, muddy smell. 

Whether you being clean around clean people means you notice people once you have left LH is a different question :) 

I went for the first time on sunday 2015, wish I'd gone sooner. It was my first time in a naturist environment, i felt very comfortable there and everyone was really friendly.  There was no smell ? its a really great place to chill out for a couple of hours each day, you should give it a go kalifire ?

Edited by Babylon sister
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It could only really apply if someone rocks up for their first visit on say Saturday, having not showered since arriving on site (all repeat visitors will by definition have showered), but anyway I've never noticed a problem. It's not like you snuggle into other people's armpits. 

37 minutes ago, Babylon sister said:

I went for the first time on sunday 2015, wish I'd gone sooner. It was my first time in a naturist environment, i felt very comfortable there and everyone was really friendly.  

Totally agree, first time I went in 2014 I instantly regretted having put it off before. Is definitely a good 1st timer naturist place.

Would hate to see this disappear, it's really part of the Glasto landscape, and I've been meaning to go for years

Hopefully James'll reach his target and will be there next year, then I'm definitely going to use a festi pass. Hope it's more popular than ever with the extra publicity this year!

(Bit scaredy about the naturist bit tho just sayin')

Edited by billum

46 minutes ago, Havors said:

Yeah It is intriguing but as childish as it sounds I would be terrified of becoming aroused and being thrown out... 

Common fear but is actually really unlikely. Combo of nerves at first and how quickly it becomes normal means it doesn't become an issue.  Plus there is always the cold showers to fall back on i guess 

8 minutes ago, Valka said:

Common fear but is actually really unlikely. Combo of nerves at first and how quickly it becomes normal means it doesn't become an issue.  Plus there is always the cold showers to fall back on i guess 

Yeah I imagine it wouldn't happen... BUT if it did.... I can imagine a lot of frowning faces and people tutting haha 

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Yeah I imagine it wouldn't happen... BUT if it did.... I can imagine a lot of frowning faces and people tutting haha 

It won't happen. IF it did, all you do is have a cold shower or sit down/lie on your front and it will soon go away. Lost Horizons is far to relaxed a place for things like that. That being said I did once have a 3 day whirlwind Glastonbury/Lost Horizons romance with a lady who was working there. So it's not a nunnery but honestly, you have nothing to worry about :)

• Like 1