Boomtown vs Boardmasters

Neon

Boomtown don't do day tickets generally

To appreciate Boomtown Fair and get the full experience I wouldn't recommend staying off-site. Plenty of Glamping options with real beds. 

Boomtown and Boardmasters couldn't be more different, to be honest. I don't know where to start. Boomtown is a "real" festival experience, it can be marmite. Boardmaster is commercial and a run of the mill festival and line up, that some people prefer (with added surfing element).  Boomtown has a few commercial/mainstream acts.

Boomtown has the potential to blow your mind. 

Definitely Boomtown. Boardmasters is the holy grail for teens in the south west looking to get fucked up at a festival. Apparently there isn't actually any surfing there. Seems like just another commercial festival.

Meanwhile as the post above, Boomtown will blow your mind. The set design is breath taking. Giant pagodas with waterfalls, flamethrowing power stations and broadcasting towers emitting sinister propaganda. Boomtown is complete with its own story-line, actors cover the site ready to force feed you onions, induct you into their cults, or even pull some bunting out their vagina. I've been to many festivals of different shape and size. Boomtown is a must every year and is my second favourite festival (of course Glastonbury is number one).

Boomtown isn't for the faint hearted.

Boomtown don't do day tickets sadly. If you're going alone, have you considered working or volunteering?  

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies, I realise i will have to pay for the full event regardless of how many days I go.

I am an elder, working is not within my agenda.

Sounds good apart from the glamping bit.

See ya there.....

Edited by Neon

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I used to work at Boardmasters. 

Thousands of teens who have overindulged on energy drimks and alcohol all going nuts as it is their first weekend away from their mums.

Thanks for that, I now have tickets for Boomtown :)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

boomtown is the worst festival i’ve ever seen literally only quirky boring people go. couldn’t recommend enough to save ur money and go somewhere else. SAVE YOURSELF.

boards was a movie. literally insane. can’t recommend enough please go to this. drake & travis scott were special guests and the after party with them was crazy did shots with travis scott.

• Downvote 1