Metal/Hard Rock/Alt Rock/Punk at Glastonbury 2019

chatty

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, CJTM said:

Discussed on the rock slot thread...unlikely given those dates. Could possibly do what I am now dubbing the Napalm slot on the Thursday on the Truth Stage. I don't think Gojira have the name recognition at Glastonbury that they'd have elsewhere so putting them on that  stage could possibly make sense. He says clutching at bio-degradeable straws.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, jfardy said:

Wouldn't mind seeing turnstile on one of the lower stages - could definitely do what Enter Shikari did a years ago in the John Peel tent was it?

John Peel is a lower stage than Pyramid but still a higher stage than Turnstile would play, let alone headline. If they were ever gonna be there it’d almost certainly be to do with the Earache Stage

• 2 months later...

I don't think I've been to the fest since the birth of the Earache stage. Is it all three days? I assume it has more than just Earache records bands.

Every Time I Die and Daughters at Glastonbury would be tonnes of fun.

6 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I don't think I've been to the fest since the birth of the Earache stage. Is it all three days? I assume it has more than just Earache records bands.

It's 4 of the 5 days - although last time it had a relatively limited number of acts on each day.

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2019 at 9:30 AM, Hotchilidog said:

Discussed on the rock slot thread...unlikely given those dates. Could possibly do what I am now dubbing the Napalm slot on the Thursday on the Truth Stage. I don't think Gojira have the name recognition at Glastonbury that they'd have elsewhere so putting them on that  stage could possibly make sense. He says clutching at bio-degradeable straws.

Gojira would be superb!! Would be my headline act

28 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Earache will be a proper stage this year according to Digby who runs it. The trial last year was deemed a success, so a little bit more metal for us this year!

I hadn't picked up on that. Interesting.

28 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Earache will be a proper stage this year according to Digby who runs it. The trial last year was deemed a success, so a little bit more metal for us this year!

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I hadn't picked up on that. Interesting.

First part of this: https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-festival-rumours-stages-arcadia-2770029

• Upvote 1