Metal/Hard Rock/Alt Rock/Punk at Glastonbury 2019

chatty

Thought it would be cool to have a place to discuss the heavier music that might appear at Glastonbury 2019.

Truth stage was quality last time, we got Napalm Death and Dead Kennedy among others so hopefully more of the same this year. Possibility of the odd bigger band appearing in the pyramid or another stage as well. 

Who would you like to see? Predictions? Etc

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Til we have seen Def Leppard
On England's grey and pointy Pyramid

Would be class. They have been touring this year, where would you put them? 

Protest the hero would be amazing but highly unlikely. Coheed and Cambria likewise. I will always pretty much take what I can get when it comes to heavier music at Glasto. I don’t expect a lot. The Metallica year was a bit of a treat. 

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They're fair bigger than those lads.

Yup...but there's a but.

Joe Elliott's a Britrock traditionalist, worshipping at the altar of Bowie, Bolan and Zep.  He'll know that everyone from The Kinks to Ian Hunter to the Stones has done it and I suspect he'd like to be on that roster and part of that canon.  If Glastonbury were to ask I don't think that their terms would be silly.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup...but there's a but.

Joe Elliott's a Britrock traditionalist, worshipping at the altar of Bowie, Bolan and Zep.  He'll know that everyone from The Kinks to Ian Hunter to the Stones has done it and I suspect he'd like to be on that roster and part of that canon.  If Glastonbury were to ask I don't think that their terms would be silly.

Perhaps but it's asking for something like a Metallica-Other Stage level of desire to hit the farm. Probably a long time since Def Leppard have been asked to do a tight one-hour.

Not as big, obviously, but more realistically I could imagine Judas Priest jumping at the chance to play early evening Pyramid Stage. Rob Halford has mentioned wanting to play Glastonbury, liking playing more generalist music festivals and obviously Priest are more in line with Motorhead and ZZ Top in terms of size. Also distinct possibility of seeing the man himself going HAM down the front at Gaga.

Acdc(please let the new album rumours be true?)

Guns and Roses (separately,not the axel/dc combo,Soz but Brian is awesome)

Rammstein

Green Day,I await the criticism but in my defence they do put on a bloody good show

And Ozzy,unless you can get the rest of B.S together,just want to hear the opening to war pigs live again!!

Edited by glastolover19