New to Boomtown

Neon

Just a few questions for any good soul.

Does the shuttle bus run all day every day to the station ?

Is the shuttle bus the only public transport option to the site or are there other town buses ?

What time does the music finish ? (I realise the answer is never but you know what I mean)

Thanks for any help and I will buy you a pint when I bump into you.

16 minutes ago, Neon said:

Just a few questions for any good soul.

Does the shuttle bus run all day every day to the station ?

Is the shuttle bus the only public transport option to the site or are there other town buses ?

What time does the music finish ? (I realise the answer is never but you know what I mean)

Thanks for any help and I will buy you a pint when I bump into you.

I believe officially the music ends at 4am Friday and Saturday and midnight on Thursday and Sunday. I did some volunteering last year from midnight-8am and around 6/7am there was some exceptionally fucked people walking around on the outskirts of the campsite desperately searching for more sound systems... :lol:

Can't find details about the shuttle bus times online sadly, but I would imagine it is the only service - tickets for the shuttle are £10 apparently

6 hours ago, Neon said:

Still want to know if shuttle runs every day..?

i assume lots of folks like myself do not go for the whole 4/5 days.

It runs everyday, but it will be much less frequent during the festival when fewer people are leaving/arriving. It is not 24 hour service, you would need to check closer to the date for exact running times.

1 hour ago, payneruk said:

Does anyone know what time the shuttle buses start? 

Just thinking about what train to get to Winchester.

This is from 2018

From Winchester Train Station to Boomtown West Gate:

Frequently Wednesday 12:00 - 20:30
Very frequently Thursday 10:00 - 21:00
Regularly Friday 09:00 -  19:00
Regularly Saturday 09:00 - 19:00
Regularly Sunday 09:00 - 19:00

From Boomtown to Winchester Train station:

All above shuttles will run on a loop.
Sunday shuttles will run until 21:00
Monday return shuttles 6:00 - 17:00

1 hour ago, Neon said:

This is from 2018

From Winchester Train Station to Boomtown West Gate:

Frequently Wednesday 12:00 - 20:30
Very frequently Thursday 10:00 - 21:00
Regularly Friday 09:00 -  19:00
Regularly Saturday 09:00 - 19:00
Regularly Sunday 09:00 - 19:00

From Boomtown to Winchester Train station:

All above shuttles will run on a loop.
Sunday shuttles will run until 21:00
Monday return shuttles 6:00 - 17:00

Thanks

• 3 months later...

This will be my first boomtown this year, will be going solo on a wednesday.

The only other UK festivals ive been to was Reading, and there I remember we could leave whenever to Tesco right next door and buy more alcohol and food to bring back to the fest.

is this not the same setup for Boomtown? If not, how on earth do people taking public transport manage to carry enough food and alcohol for 4/5 days? ?

It's not the same setup. Boomtown only allows alcohol on first entry, and even then has some fairly restrictive limits on how much and what types of alcohol you can take in - either a slab of beer/cider, or about 3 litres of wine. No spirits, and no bottles that have been opened/decanted.

To be blunt about it, for a large part of the crowd, it doesn't matter too much anyway as alcohol and ket is a bad mix.

Yeah I'd be prepared to take a bit more cash for food and drink as it's not as practical to bring loads into BT so you'll end up buying more. Totally worth it though. It'll make Reading look like a school disco :)  

(I'm not being snobby, I have a lot of very fond memories of Reading) 

Ahhh it’s not that big a deal I suppose, what are food prices like there? I doubt i’ll be eating too much anyway! 

Haha jeez School disco? God i’m excited!

Mind you, Reading’s security wasn’t half as tight as i’ve heard BT’s is... 

49 minutes ago, Coral_W said:

Ahhh it’s not that big a deal I suppose, what are food prices like there? I doubt i’ll be eating too much anyway! 

Haha jeez School disco? God i’m excited!

Mind you, Reading’s security wasn’t half as tight as i’ve heard BT’s is... 

Food is standard festival prices - expect to pay £7 to £10 for decent meal.  There are some good options if you look around.

Boomtown security isn't that bad - just be careful.  There are police dogs so if you are taking anything that may interest them, best to take some precautions.

It's a beautiful, interesting, full on festival - you'll have a great time!

I found the security relatively slack last year. I had my stuff searched on the way in the first time, quite comprehensively, but that was it.

I had an EPO band as I worked, so not sure if it had anything to do with that?

I definitely took alcohol in on more than one occasion, and a mix of spirits and beers without trying to hide it though.

I honestly think they are far more bothered about drugs than alcohol.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, doobie ninja said:

Hi

Does any know where i can get coach pick up times from? I want to buy my ticket soon but cant decide if i'm going to train / shuttle or use the coach. My friend worked there last year and said the shuttle queues on the Monday morning were looooooong!?!

Thanks

Can't help with times but shuttle queues look a load worse than they actually were getting on to and off the site. They put on a ridiculous amount of coaches that a huge queue only 15/20 mins at the train station and stayed at walking pace on site.

1 hour ago, doobie ninja said:

Hi

Does any know where i can get coach pick up times from? I want to buy my ticket soon but cant decide if i'm going to train / shuttle or use the coach. My friend worked there last year and said the shuttle queues on the Monday morning were looooooong!?!

Thanks

Coach times on the national express website. under events you'll find Boomtown.