Infusions 2019

IntoTheWhite

38 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

The Cherry Bakewell will be the death of me.. sounds both delicious and lethal.

It is!

It’s great fun when you’re in a crowd watching some random stuff, sharing the love and watching people’s faces when they try either the cherry bakewell or werthers vodka for the first time!

3 minutes ago, Skelts said:

It is!

It’s great fun when you’re in a crowd watching some random stuff, sharing the love and watching people’s faces when they try either the cherry bakewell or werthers vodka for the first time!

It tastes more like cherry Bakewell than an actual cherry Bakewell. It's ridiculous. And powerful as fuck.

10 hours ago, Skelts said:

It is!

Wow, please let me be stood near you in 2019. I’ve never tried either of these and they sound amazing- like the perfect pick me up. 

I think I may try my hand at an infused vodka this year. My MILaw has a quince tree in her back garden and made us ty her quince vodka last Christmas. It’s an odd one but I loved it. 

On 10/19/2018 at 9:46 PM, BlueDaze said:

my wife is in charge of the many festival infusions.. These are predominantly vodka based.

We have a family 'taster night' in the spring to see which ones make the Glastonbury cut... We make up scoresheets with tasting notes and last time around we tasted 22 vodkas... It was very messy.

My favourites are the Blueberry and The Pineapple... mmmmmmmmmm..

tbf, i should steer well clear as i am always totally w*nkered before the last band of the night :sorry:

The Cherry Bakewell will be the death of me.. sounds both delicious and lethal.

Talk to me more about the pineapple...is it really good?

I tried to make some infusions last year and had visions of them being super delicious - did a plum vodka with spices, and a strawberry vodka. Both of them were completely rank, the overpowering flavour is still just vodka.

I'm happy to give it another whirl this year but am looking for foolproof concoctions that taste OK neat.

The cherry bakewell is a really good example of this, and lovely and warming of an evening.

12 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

That Cherry Bakewell sounds superb, but I don't like Vodka!

5 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Honestly, you can’t taste any vodka, it’s very sweet and tastes more of the cherry and ameretto!

And after a few hits you really can't taste much anyway. Or see much for that matter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

That Cherry Bakewell sounds superb, but I don't like Vodka!

2 hours ago, Skelts said:

Honestly, you can’t taste any vodka, it’s very sweet and tastes more of the cherry and ameretto!

Hmmm... we tried some on the weekend.

I believe it was equal measures Vodka, Cherry Brandy and Ameretto... We then pared it back to 1 part Vodka, 2 parts CB, 2 parts Ameretto and that was more sympathetic to our palate (but will still blow your tits off so to speak..)

very much looking forward to trying this on site (its natural habitat..)

I believe that the originator on here was @Curlygirl... Damn fine work.. you have a few more converts by the look of it ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skoo said:

Talk to me more about the pineapple...is it really good?

I tried to make some infusions last year and had visions of them being super delicious - did a plum vodka with spices, and a strawberry vodka. Both of them were completely rank, the overpowering flavour is still just vodka.

I'm happy to give it another whirl this year but am looking for foolproof concoctions that taste OK neat.

The cherry bakewell is a really good example of this, and lovely and warming of an evening.

My wife tells me that the best way is to just put the (fresh) pineapple in with vodka and sugar and leave it for a year (we actually have a 2 year old one because i hide it when guests come round or we have a party...it improves with age, unlike me..)

The quicker method is to cook the pineapple & sugar and then add the vodka..

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

Hmmm... we tried some on the weekend.

I believe it was equal measures Vodka, Cherry Brandy and Ameretto... We then pared it back to 1 part Vodka, 2 parts CB, 2 parts Ameretto and that was more sympathetic to our palate (but will still blow your tits off so to speak..)

very much looking forward to trying this on site (its natural habitat..)

I believe that the originator on here was @Curlygirl... Damn fine work.. you have a few more converts by the look of it ?

Are you drinking that straight too? No mixer?

I think the lighter version of cherry bakewell is cherry brandy, ameretto and lemonade....but where’s the fun in that?

the most lethal cocktail I’ve had on two separate occasions, both of which have resulted in unspeakable life changing experiences, was Stongbow and Vodka otherwise know as Vodbow. 

3 minutes ago, morph100 said:

I think the lighter version of cherry bakewell is cherry brandy, ameretto and lemonade....but where’s the fun in that?

the most lethal cocktail I’ve had on two separate occasions, both of which have resulted in unspeakable life changing experiences, was Stongbow and Vodka otherwise know as Vodbow. 

I appreciate that we’re all different with different tastes and I should respect that, but that isn’t a cocktail, that’s poison!

1 minute ago, The Clearest Blue said:

It is a tasty as hell 6.5% grapefruit IPA that will rock you’re world and re-invigorate your drunk ness from the night before

Just been on google, looks pretty damn fine to me. There’s a brewdog pub in Bristol so I might try it in there!

1 minute ago, Skelts said:

Just been on google, looks pretty damn fine to me. There’s a brewdog pub in Bristol so I might try it in there!

There most certainly is, that is where I first tried it, it is also available in supermarkets, I know for certain Sainsbury’s and Tesco stock it (other supermarkets are available).