Infusions 2019

IntoTheWhite

7 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Amazing! I have heard of the dishwasher trick, gonna do a trial run in a couple weeks. This has made me even more excited for next year!

Is skittles vodka made with the dishwasher trick? Being lazy, I'm gonna Google it haha! 

You can do skittles in the dishwasher but if you chuck a whole pack in, it’ll turn out brown coz the colours all mix together. You can separate them out though and you’re good to go?

1 minute ago, Skelts said:

You can do skittles in the dishwasher but if you chuck a whole pack in, it’ll turn out brown coz the colours all mix together. You can separate them out though and you’re good to go?

Top man. As in only put just the red skittles in (for e.g.), or can it be red, yellow, orange? I'm probably overcomplicating something really simple haha! 

I've decided on my festival drinks already! 2 vodka (pear drop and skittle), rum, gin, IPA's and Thatchers Gold, with tonic, lemonade and ginger beer mixers for the spirits. 

It's gonna be a long 8 months ?

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Top man. As in only put just the red skittles in (for e.g.), or can it be red, yellow, orange? I'm probably overcomplicating something really simple haha! 

I've decided on my festival drinks already! 2 vodka (pear drop and skittle), rum, gin, IPA's and Thatchers Gold, with tonic, lemonade and ginger beer mixers for the spirits. 

It's gonna be a long 8 months ?

Yeah, just put one colour at a time. nothing stopping you doing red yellow and orange but I don’t know what colour that would turn out!  It’s all about the taste though I guess. 

Can really recommend doing werthers originals, it’s top drawer?

2 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Yeah, just put one colour at a time. nothing stopping you doing red yellow and orange but I don’t know what colour that would turn out!  It’s all about the taste though I guess. 

Can really recommend doing werthers originals, it’s top drawer?

Is it not mega sickly? I absolutely love Werthers. I may take your advice. Did you mix it with anything when you drank it, assuming not? Last question - How many Werthers for a litre of vodka were you using roughly? Just those standard sized bags?

2 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Is it not mega sickly? I absolutely love Werthers. I may take your advice. Did you mix it with anything when you drank it, assuming not? Last question - How many Werthers for a litre of vodka were you using roughly? Just those standard sized bags?

It is pretty sickly yeah, you’d struggle to drink a lot each sesh but it’s perfect in a hip flask to keep yourself topped up! No mixer required. High alcohol, low volume of liquid = less trips to the long drops so perfect for when you’re in a crowd!

About 200g per litre will be about right, enjoy! 

Just now, Skelts said:

It is pretty sickly yeah, you’d struggle to drink a lot each sesh but it’s perfect in a hip flask to keep yourself topped up! No mixer required. High alcohol, low volume of liquid = less trips to the long drops so perfect for when you’re in a crowd!

About 200g per litre will be about right, enjoy! 

Thank you, appreciate that! Good call on the hip flask! 

• 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

This was the thread I was looking for! No time now for fresh  raspberries or rhubarb so thinking ruhubarb & custard or lemon sherbert...

Plenty of time ... I put some strawberries in some vodka midweek ... all the colour has gone from them ... and probably most of the flavour 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Plenty of time ... I put some strawberries in some vodka midweek ... all the colour has gone from them ... and probably most of the flavour 

Last time I found my raspberries took three months to find the perfect sweet spot. To be honest I’m looking for an excuse to try sweets! Have tried caramel werthers but not my taste 

27 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Last time I found my raspberries took three months to find the perfect sweet spot. To be honest I’m looking for an excuse to try sweets! Have tried caramel werthers but not my taste 

Try pear drops? Cola cubes?  Any boiled sweet will work in the dishwasher

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

This was the thread I was looking for! No time now for fresh  raspberries or rhubarb so thinking ruhubarb & custard or lemon sherbert...

Plenty of time for rhubarb, six to eight weeks has always worked well for me. 

I've also found the same amount of time works for frozen berries. Smash them up in a pestle and mortar with some sugar and then chuck it in a mason jar. No idea if that works better than fresh, but it's good when I've made it that way. 

• Upvote 1

Quick update. 

Rhubarb and Ginger is the way to go. 

Still a couple of weeks to get this ready for Glastonbury. Couldn't be easier. 

1 x bottle of Gin (Aldi's Cromwell) is ideal. 

400 grams rhubarb. 

3 x 2cm slices of root ginger. 

Cut rhubarb into 20 cm chunks (unboiled) and peel ginger and slice, as above. 

Shove, all the above in a 1,5 litre empty bottle of coke / Pepsi. Add the gin. Stick in a dark cupboard. Shake every couple of days. 

Leave for a minimum of two weeks. 

Have a little try ?

If happy with flavour, decant though a filter into Plastic bottle. 

This for me is the dogs for flavour. Really drinkable, but has a massive kick. 

p. s. Drink responsibly (with ginger ale as mixer ).