Campervan, Worthy View & Tipis Sale Date

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

can someone clarify, ive totally forgot.

When we are booking, do we just need the registration of the lead booker? Registration details for everyone staying in both tents?? Do they need to know whos staying in the tent when you book??

Nah, just the lead booker at this stage.

You give the extra names at a later date.

the website isnt very clear though, just saw this on the wview info page

" However you will need to provide the names of everyone staying in your tents when booking, who will each need a Festival ticket. Final confirmation of all the resident names will be required at least a week before the Festival."

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

the website isnt very clear though, just saw this on the wview info page

" However you will need to provide the names of everyone staying in your tents when booking, who will each need a Festival ticket. Final confirmation of all the resident names will be required at least a week before the Festival."

Just a reg number of booker (who has a ticket)... then just whatever names you want... you can amend the names up until May. 

Edited by Havors

1 hour ago, Gedh said:

Anyone have an idea as to how many of the big tents they have 6 or 8 person? Not yurts just the big version of the scout tent.

Curious why you wouldn't just get two tents rather than one for that many people? Wouldn't it be a bit of a nightmare with snoring and smelly feet and different sleep patterns. Not saying you should just always wondered with the Tipis etc. :D

59 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Curious why you wouldn't just get two tents rather than one for that many people? Wouldn't it be a bit of a nightmare with snoring and smelly feet and different sleep patterns. Not saying you should just always wondered with the Tipis etc. :D

You can stand up in the bigger tents and have a bit more room for getting ready etc.

11 minutes ago, Gedh said:

You can stand up in the bigger tents and have a bit more room for getting ready etc.

Not in the scout tents you can't and they aren't generally for more than 4 people. 6-8 person Yurt would totally be more room as well as the tipi village. I've often wished I knew 4 other people I would happily share the space with to get a Tipi. Cos like £1000 is a bit much for two. :D

Just now, Gedh said:

The 6 person ones are 2 metres tall at their highest so there is head room.

Sorry wasn't being argumentative, it's something i would be considering if we don't get camper tickets. The scout tents slope so I was just trying to work out in my head how 6-8 would work in them. Seemed the Yurts made more sense for general headspace.. 

34 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Sorry wasn't being argumentative, it's something i would be considering if we don't get camper tickets. The scout tents slope so I was just trying to work out in my head how 6-8 would work in them. Seemed the Yurts made more sense for general headspace.. 

Gosh I never thought you were!!! The yurts are taller but one big space and as I'm going to go with my daughter, the separate bedrooms are appreciated on both sides ?

18 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Because it works out cheaper per person.

Plus if everyone used your logic none of the biggest tents would be booked

Does anyone know if they have any campervan spaces when the main ticket resale happens?

Yes, you guessed it, I didn't get any tickets and Im trying to work out if it is possible to get campervan when resale happens.  I thought that I may be able to buy a space with cancellation insurance now and then hope for tickets later, but it looks like this won't work?

Just now, Pandas said:

Does anyone know if they have any campervan spaces when the main ticket resale happens?

Yes, you guessed it, I didn't get any tickets and Im trying to work out if it is possible to get campervan when resale happens.  I thought that I may be able to buy a space with cancellation insurance now and then hope for tickets later, but it looks like this won't work?

Cancellation insurance will only work for unseen circumstances as will all insurance so that's a non goer. 

Word is that the camper tickets went on sale just after the ticket resale. So either get a friend with a ticket to get you a camper ticket which you can cancel if you were really unfortunate (all hail the ticket gods) or wait for the resale. 

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Cancellation insurance will only work for unseen circumstances as will all insurance so that's a non goer. 

Word is that the camper tickets went on sale just after the ticket resale. So either get a friend with a ticket to get you a camper ticket which you can cancel if you were really unfortunate (all hail the ticket gods) or wait for the resale. 

Thanks. I have no one we would go with who has a ticket.  I also can't remember if they interrogate the camper van tickets that closely when you go through to check it with your own ticket.

1 minute ago, Pandas said:

Thanks. I have no one we would go with who has a ticket.  I also can't remember if they interrogate the camper van tickets that closely when you go through to check it with your own ticket.

I'm hoping it will be our first year in the camper fields depending on ticket tomorrow. From what I've read they didn't really check last year but that's not to say they won't this time. Campers do tend to come up in the resales though. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 11:25 PM, H.M.V said:

For camper yes, but you can only buy one per transaction. So you can go in and buy three tickets on one registration but each has an individual payment window so means three go's. Now I am open to correction on that but a lot of reading and research leads me to believe that is the case. :D 

Does this also apply to WV - that you can theoretically buy more than one against the same registration? 

9 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Does this also apply to WV - that you can theoretically buy more than one against the same registration? 

Hiya, I've never booked WV but I'm confident you can book multiple tents and give the final guest list and reg in May. Please don't quote me on that cos I've only ever camped on site and hoping to caravan it this year.