Campervan, Worthy View & Tipis Sale Date

Gnomicide

3 hours ago, Gedh said:

Do you have to pay the full amount at booking time for Worthy View?

Yes, we did when we booked it in 2016 (for 2017), so assume it will be the same this time.

However, you could cancel your booking at WV until the May and get most of your money back though (less £15 admin). 

56 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Can you get more than one ticket?

For camper yes, but you can only buy one per transaction. So you can go in and buy three tickets on one registration but each has an individual payment window so means three go's. Now I am open to correction on that but a lot of reading and research leads me to believe that is the case. :D 

So I will be trying to buy a cv ticket for myself and a friend. If I buy one for me I have to then get a new window to buy one for them? Can I use their reg number and address so that we don't have to arrive at the cv fields at the same time? (Given the name and address is now on the camper van tickets).?

Edited by semmtexx

8 hours ago, semmtexx said:

So I will be trying to buy a cv ticket for myself and a friend. If I buy one for me I have to then get a new window to buy one for them? Can I use their reg number and address so that we don't have to arrive at the cv fields at the same time? (Given the name and address is now on the camper van tickets).?

Yeah, always book the cv ticket with the number of the person who will be driving it (or at least sat inside it). 

Be prepared to be a long way apart if you arrive separately though. You won’t be able to save a space so arrive in convoy if you can.

12 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Yeah, always book the cv ticket with the number of the person who will be driving it (or at least sat inside it). 

Be prepared to be a long way apart if you arrive separately though. You won’t be able to save a space so arrive in convoy if you can.

Cool.

Walking boots at the ready! I'll make sure I transport the booze!

10 hours ago, H.M.V said:

For camper yes, but you can only buy one per transaction. So you can go in and buy three tickets on one registration but each has an individual payment window so means three go's. Now I am open to correction on that but a lot of reading and research leads me to believe that is the case. :D 

Thank you H.M.V ?

12 minutes ago, chrislfc said:

Never been in WV but tempted next year.

What's the map of it like?

Do certain types of accommodation have a preferable location in terms of access to showers, car park, festival entrance etc.

Or do they just juggle it around each year with no specific map?

They don't move the types of accomodation around its a bit pot luck where u r allocated . Last time our tent was as far from showers and site entrance as you could be . The year before we were close to both . You get allocated just before festival with a row and tent number.  Types of tents tend to be together . Loads of 2 men scout tents then less of each other type 

1 hour ago, crocodiles said:

They don't move the types of accomodation around its a bit pot luck where u r allocated . Last time our tent was as far from showers and site entrance as you could be . The year before we were close to both . You get allocated just before festival with a row and tent number.  Types of tents tend to be together . Loads of 2 men scout tents then less of each other type 

So not much chance of getting a yurt or a bellepad then?

Just wondering which types were near the entrance and the car park really?

Being lazy aren't I?

Edited by chrislfc

14 minutes ago, chrislfc said:

So not much chance of getting a yurt or a bellepad then?

Just wondering which types were near the entrance and the car park really?

Being lazy aren't I?

The yurts and bellepads are near the car park but they sell out really quick as there aren't loads . The scout tents in the middle and the bigger tents next 

Hiya, 

Looking to buy 2 campervan passes on Saturday. I already have out trailer tent but our friends are looking into buying either a caravan or campervan. 

So my question is.. 

I've read that a vehicle registration number is needed when buying the campervan pass. As my friends don't know yet whether they will be towing a caravan or driving a campervan.. What will they need to put in? 

Thanks.. Hope this makes sense ?

13 minutes ago, mells said:

Hiya, 

Looking to buy 2 campervan passes on Saturday. I already have out trailer tent but our friends are looking into buying either a caravan or campervan. 

So my question is.. 

I've read that a vehicle registration number is needed when buying the campervan pass. As my friends don't know yet whether they will be towing a caravan or driving a campervan.. What will they need to put in? 

Thanks.. Hope this makes sense ?

From memory, It is the Glasto reg number which has a valid ticket purchased against it is what you need, not the vehicle reg and that person must accompany the camper/caravan into the cv fields with festival and camper tickets

Edited by moheetoes
  • Upvote 1

Just to help any WV newbies, this is a fairly high res of the camp in 2017 so you can see it's location in relation to the festival. I'm sure people who have stayed before can point out the different tents types and toilet locations, etc

worthy.thumb.jpg.9626324faf87cec6983a748d93663b4f.jpg

Edited by Keithy
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

Just to help any WV newbies, this is a fairly high res of the camp in 2017 so you can see it's location in relation to the festival. I'm sure people who have stayed before can point out the different tents types and toilet locations, etc

As you come in from car park toilets showers to your right . Yurts bell tents etc straight ahead and to left .

Rows of bright coloured ones r 2 bed scout tents and the bigger tents 4 6 bed at .

Triangle shaped area to right of pic is bars etc  then you walk down hill to strummerville and down by tipis and stone circle 

17 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

As you come in from car park toilets showers to your right . Yurts bell tents etc straight ahead and to left .

Rows of bright coloured ones r 2 bed scout tents and the bigger tents 4 6 bed at .

Triangle shaped area to right of pic is bars etc  then you walk down hill to strummerville and down by tipis and stone circle 

Very helpful.

7 hours ago, Keithy said:

I'm amazed by how big it is. So many people sleep outside of the fence these days, you'd think there'd be loads more room inside it.

1 hour ago, snailcheeks said:

Does anyone know if I booked WV for a group, but they went on Wednesday and I went on Thursday that they could still get access without me? Just pass on the confirmation email? I then bring along a copy too the day later. 

Yes. We got there before the lead booker last year. You give everyone's names in June.

Edited by briddj

On 10/23/2018 at 10:23 PM, moheetoes said:

From memory, It is the Glasto reg number which has a valid ticket purchased against it is what you need, not the vehicle reg and that person must accompany the camper/caravan into the cv fields with festival and camper tickets

Thank you very much ?

15 hours ago, Keithy said:

Looks hideous! ?