Campervan, Worthy View & Tipis Sale Date

Gnomicide

8 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I read somewhere that there’s a shuttle bus from PGA up to Worthy View. Has anyone here used this? Is it worth doing? 

I have and it is absolutely worth doing. It takes a while, although we went on friday in 2017 as I couldn't get more time off work so traffic was horrendous, I'm expecting it to be a lot better on wednesday this year. We really didn't want to/couldn't carry all our stuff across the festival so it was essential to us. They run often so you shouldn't have to wait long for one.

• Upvote 1

A couple of folk in our group tried to take it a couple of years back and were told it was a half hour wait for the bus and then the journey itself was similar duration.

Definitely worth it if someone has mobility issues or tonnes of luggage in a muddy year.....

Our guys decided to walk the walk.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

I have and it is absolutely worth doing. It takes a while, although we went on friday in 2017 as I couldn't get more time off work so traffic was horrendous, I'm expecting it to be a lot better on wednesday this year. We really didn't want to/couldn't carry all our stuff across the festival so it was essential to us. They run often so you shouldn't have to wait long for one.

While I'm not sure how this affects the WV shuttle specifically - surely Wednesday is going to be a hugely busier for traffic, given that it's the day that about 80% of people arrive. I'd have expected journeys on Friday to be comparatively easy.

15 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Thanks both. 

What did your group think of WV, Calgon? I’m starting to get a bit of buyers’ remorse. 

It was forced on them due to no room in the tipi, bur they werr happy enough wirh it.

FWIW we're all in WV this year due to coming up empty handed on the tipi front.

43 minutes ago, incident said:

While I'm not sure how this affects the WV shuttle specifically - surely Wednesday is going to be a hugely busier for traffic, given that it's the day that about 80% of people arrive. I'd have expected journeys on Friday to be comparatively easy.

There seemed to be plenty going to WV on friday, perhaps it's popular with people who can't go earlier and want a guaranteed spot ? I'm sure somebody here will have the figures :D 

As @CaledonianGonzo said, you can always break up the walk with a pint, it depends on what you like, we like to get our shit organised before heading out anywhere. And I will only ever do that hill once a day, I cannot stress this enough.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheNoise said:

There seemed to be plenty going to WV on friday, perhaps it's popular with people who can't go earlier and want a guaranteed spot ? I'm sure somebody here will have the figures :D 

As @CaledonianGonzo said, you can always break up the walk with a pint, it depends on what you like, we like to get our shit organised before heading out anywhere. And I will only ever do that hill once a day, I cannot stress this enough.

We arrived Thursday last time was still a fair amount of people arriving at wv.  The year before we arrived wed lot busier 

On 1/4/2019 at 10:31 AM, SeaBear said:

Any news on Worthy view or tipis? I've been refreshing every day hoping one would turn up ?

It says on the website that any WV tents or tipis which are cancelled will go back on sale in a resale in April. Seems that unlike previous years, WV are doing a single resale, rather than drip feed tents back online as and when they are cancelled...

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A couple of folk in our group tried to take it a couple of years back and were told it was a half hour wait for the bus and then the journey itself was similar duration.

Definitely worth it if someone has mobility issues or tonnes of luggage in a muddy year.....

Our guys decided to walk the walk.

Did they talk the talk too?

On 1/5/2019 at 10:15 AM, Mardy said:

I read somewhere that there’s a shuttle bus from PGA up to Worthy View. Has anyone here used this? Is it worth doing? 

If you have loads of stuff with you it can be worthwhile. But there is often a long wait for a shuttle bus so if you think you can make the sizeable trek across site with your stuff it's worth considering.

• Upvote 1

On 1/4/2019 at 1:00 PM, Havors said:

Nothing. My guess is the best time will be around/after the resale. I know people who bought extra tents for people who didn't yet have tickets, so if they fail in the resale they will be cancelled and go back on sale.

Hey! Thanks! I have a habit of posting questions and trailing off to lala land for a few days! But thanks for the heads up!

19 hours ago, SeaBear said:

Hey! Thanks! I have a habit of posting questions and trailing off to lala land for a few days! But thanks for the heads up!

No problem. Whether they have a proper resale for the tents or just add them as they get cancelled your best chance will be after the ticket resale which will be mid April. 

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but what's the deal with car parking passes? I've never travelled by car myself, but a Glastonbury regular told me to make sure any car goers in my crew got car passes in Oct as it would be impossible  afterwards. However I just checked the website and it suggests you can just pay £50 on arrival at any gate..... Can someone please confirm? ? 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but what's the deal with car parking passes? I've never travelled by car myself, but a Glastonbury regular told me to make sure any car goers in my crew got car passes in Oct as it would be impossible  afterwards. However I just checked the website and it suggests you can just pay £50 on arrival at any gate..... Can someone please confirm? ? 

You buy them when you pay your balance usually.

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

That doesn't sound right at all - I don't even think Car Park passes are available in October.

You can add a pass for £45 when you pay your ticket balance in April. Or pay an extra fiver and get it on the gate.

Maybe they've got confused with Campervans?

12 minutes ago, incident said:

That doesn't sound right at all - I don't even think Car Park passes are available in October.

You can add a pass for £45 when you pay your ticket balance in April. Or pay an extra fiver and get it on the gate.

Maybe they've got confused with Campervans?

Aaah, maybe! They did stay in a campervan last year for the first time. Thanks!

WV car park passes went on sale at the same time as the tents - we bought one. But yeah, you can just pay when you turn up if you prefer but already having it in the windscreen does make it easier for stewards to direct you when you get near the site. 

On 1/5/2019 at 4:03 PM, jo1980 said:

It says on the website that any WV tents or tipis which are cancelled will go back on sale in a resale in April. Seems that unlike previous years, WV are doing a single resale, rather than drip feed tents back online as and when they are cancelled...

amazing info thanks :)

On 1/5/2019 at 10:07 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

We did that last year too (driving from Glasgow) and it was a piece of piss. We actually stopped for a quick beer at a pub near the festival given how much time we had (and the fact it was absolutely scorching, it was nice to be out of the car for 45 mins or so)

Wont use it this year as we have decided to have a wee 3 day break in Glastonbury town before heading for worthy view. Gonna be a good week!  I was told the best way home from WV to the M5 is to head for Shepton Mallet then on to cheddar. Last time at WV I remember being directed left from the car park. Don’t know if that’s A good idea or not.  Who cares anyway, just can’t wait until june!

• 2 weeks later...