Campervan, Worthy View & Tipis Sale Date

Gnomicide

Hi all, just reading the comments and think i need a quick lesson in difference between ordinary East and quiet East! I got ordinary East (was in that much of a hurry that i didnt even know there was a quiet option!). How noisy is ordinary East as main reason for buying was to avoid the noise of regular camping! Also what are walking distances like, difficult to tell from the map!

1 minute ago, WayneT said:

Hi all, just reading the comments and think i need a quick lesson in difference between ordinary East and quiet East! I got ordinary East (was in that much of a hurry that i didnt even know there was a quiet option!). How noisy is ordinary East as main reason for buying was to avoid the noise of regular camping! Also what are walking distances like, difficult to tell from the map!

I don't think the other area is noisy, just the belief that quiet means closer to the gate and leans towards families (it was called family fields last time but changed this time presumably so other people feel they can (quite rightly) use that option too). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WayneT said:

Thanks slash's hat. Does that mean quiet is the E20, E21 etc sections. closer to pedestrian gate C?

It was last time, I was in a hire caravan and quiet covers hire too. I enquired about disabled section and was told to get quiet area ticket then let them know so I would say for sure will be the same this time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WayneT said:

Thanks again! I just noticed the hiring option (presumably this gets you a better pitch potentially?). Who do you use for hiring may i ask?

Wessex caravans were reasonably priced last time. Tried places this year and got ridiculous quotes and Wessex took an age to reply(so would suggest phone rather than email), by which time bought myself something off eBay. Just got to learn to tow it now!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UEF said:

What I don't get is why any area closer to the gate (and thus the site) would be considered 'quiet' when the further-away stuff isn't?

I think they've just changed the name from Family camping to this.

I agree with you though because theoretically you're closer to the festival thus closer to the noise which comes along with it.

It was probably sold more as family camping from an accessibility point of view with buggies, prams & small children etc. and having to push / carry these around.

20 minutes ago, UEF said:

What I don't get is why any area closer to the gate (and thus the site) would be considered 'quiet' when the further-away stuff isn't?

They probably aren't quieter, with the amount of foot traffic greater as everyone needs to walk through the quiet areas to get to  gate C. The noise from the festival isn't that high unless you're in E21 which in the main is facing, and sloping towards, the festival.

If you have a regular CV East ticket and arrive early, it's likely you are put in E18, around 15 mins walk to the gate. It's as quiet in these areas as anywhere. Quieter, even. 

I find it bizarre that people think being closer to the gate means quieter. Those first couple of fields after the gate are noisy as hell, not only the noise from the festival itself, you have burger wagons with generators plus you have thousands of noisy people traipsing through them, quiet they are not. I was in E17 last year and it was like a library, if you want quiet the get yourself further out, not that you really have much choice, plus it’s a festival, sleep when you are dead.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UEF said:

I think that the festival would prefer the closer CV fields to be used by families with young children and people with disabilities, as they genuinely have a need to be closer to the gate. However people have realised that the 'family fields', as they have been in the past, are closer to the festival so they either blagged their way into those fields by claiming to be there with a family or, more recently, bought a family ticket. I think the changing of the name to 'quiet' camping was a change of plan to try and dissuade people who aren't there with kids from buying tickets to camp there, as branding them as 'family' didn't work. However the festival don't seem to have acknowledged that as there is such a bundle for any kind of CV ticket, this approach won't work either. They'd be better off going back to the process of stewards deciding if you should be in the family fields or not.

I do find it a bit strange that they have decided to put the hired accommodation in the quiet fields though, as they are the most popular due to being closer to the gate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

I do find it a bit strange that they have decided to put the hired accommodation in the quiet fields though, as they are the most popular due to being closer to the gate.

I would guess at it purely being logistical as they are in early and get picked up on the Tues. So further away from entrance easier perhaps? Only used fields once so not familiar with layout though.

Hhhmm, access aside and not being familiar with the layout. Will be our first time in the CV fields. I think the map is going to be of interest just to see what the layout is. Cos obviously quiet means further from noise and the fact that the hired vans are going there as well. If it wasn't for the disabled access as well I would almost think it's further not closer. 

52 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Hhhmm, access aside and not being familiar with the layout. Will be our first time in the CV fields. I think the map is going to be of interest just to see what the layout is. Cos obviously quiet means further from noise and the fact that the hired vans are going there as well. If it wasn't for the disabled access as well I would almost think it's further not closer. 

Quiet is barely further from noise if at all. East CV are a stone's throw from the SE Corner, bring earplugs.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Quiet is barely further from noise if at all. East CV are a stone's throw from the SE Corner, bring earplugs.

Oh I'm not bothered. I used to camp in Dairy/Paines so CV East is gonna be bliss compared to that. I'm more just pondering the name change and if the layout changes as well somehow so quiet is further back. 

23 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Oh I'm not bothered. I used to camp in Dairy/Paines so CV East is gonna be bliss compared to that. I'm more just pondering the name change and if the layout changes as well somehow so quiet is further back. 

I figured after they declared there would be quiet cv east and regular cv east that the quiet part would be where the non- family fields used to be, as they're further away from the main site. I was surprised when people said quiet are the old family fields. Maybe they're wrong and it's the other way round, if so it'll be funny watching people when they realise they're further away from the gate than they thought they would be.

I wouldn't find it funny to see families with young children/pushchairs and all  the other stuff they need for the day being  furthest from the gate. However as GFL has clearly said East quiet is left off the blue route East normal is right off the blue route I have no doubt you won't be entertained by their misfortune. See map for clarification. :rolleyes:

Screenshot_2018-11-09_204654.jpg

2 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I figured after they declared there would be quiet cv east and regular cv east that the quiet part would be where the non- family fields used to be, as they're further away from the main site. I was surprised when people said quiet are the old family fields. Maybe they're wrong and it's the other way round, if so it'll be funny watching people when they realise they're further away from the gate than they thought they would be.

No, the quiet fields this year are, as people have said, what used to be the family fields and closer to the site ...

"East Quiet Campervans/ Hired, Delivered Vehicle Pitches (Blue route)
Suitable for Families, those with access issues and those looking for a quieter field. Situated between Blue route and the Festival site. Turn left for Quiet Camping off Blue route."

Turning left off Blue route is E25, 24, 23,19 and 20.

"East General Campervans (Blue route)
Situated off Blue route turning right to access the camping fields."

Turning right off Blue route takes you to E14, 15, 16, 17 and 18. 

"Quiet" would depend on whether you considered noise to be from the site or your neighbours! :D 

40 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

I wouldn't find it funny to see families with young children/pushchairs and all  the other stuff they need for the day being  furthest from the gate. However as GFL has clearly said East quiet is left off the blue route East normal is right off the blue route I have no doubt you won't be entertained by their misfortune. See map for clarification. :rolleyes:

I was talking about people who had bought quiet tickets not for their intended use, i.e. for families etc, as a follow on to my previous post further up the page. Apologies for not making it clear,  I'm not going to be having a laugh at the expense of families with kids.

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I was talking about people who had bought quiet tickets not for their intended use, i.e. for families etc, as a follow on to my previous post further up the page. Apologies for not making it clear,  I'm not going to be having a laugh at the expense of families with kids.

Apology accepted! :victory:

51 minutes ago, Pear_Cider said:

No, the quiet fields this year are, as people have said, what used to be the family fields and closer to the site ...

"East Quiet Campervans/ Hired, Delivered Vehicle Pitches (Blue route)
Suitable for Families, those with access issues and those looking for a quieter field. Situated between Blue route and the Festival site. Turn left for Quiet Camping off Blue route."

Turning left off Blue route is E25, 24, 23,19 and 20.

"East General Campervans (Blue route)
Situated off Blue route turning right to access the camping fields."

Turning right off Blue route takes you to E14, 15, 16, 17 and 18. 

"Quiet" would depend on whether you considered noise to be from the site or your neighbours! :D 

This precisely....

when GF talk of ‘quiet’ they are indeed talking about potential neighbors...

i would imagine that they have renamed the area from ‘family’ to ‘quiet’ as I don’t believe they get enough punters in with kids to fill the space... at least it never feels that way.

Honestly newbie campers don’t get hung up on quiet or ‘noisy’... it is all fairly quiet...

the only reason you are staggering up that hill of a nighttime is to get some kip... if you wanted to continue partying, you would have stayed inside the festival....