Campervan, Worthy View & Tipis Sale Date

Gnomicide

33 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

I just hit through to 01158 960073.

I was told to email Glastonbury@seetickets.com. For s refund. No I idea why this is all blue 

I was told that by the Seetickets 'chat' window, emailed that address at 12pm, no response as of yet, let me know if you hear anything please?

37 minutes ago, uscore said:

Why could you even buy more than one campervan ticket per registration?  Surely they could limit it so it says "already booked" like they do for the actual tickets?   We had a few double bookings again.  

I assume so a few friends can go in together in convoy. 

13 minutes ago, uscore said:

but you could put their registration into the same booking page too.

There is no reason for a single registration to have multiple campervan tickets.

I agree, it doesn't make sense and it's confusing. My friends ended up buying two WV passes against the same registration, while another friend didn't get one. The Ts and Cs say they're non transferable, so I assume the second one needs cancelling and can't be used by the other person. But then what is the point of allowing two bookings against the same registration? The lead booker could only ever occupy one of the tents.

5 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

I'm just hoping the tipis are bloody worth it,just sunk in that I spunked the price of a holiday on a giant tent?

I spend quite a few quid renting a caravan, but then it is a week long holiday to me and very much feeling our age there's no way we'd be kipping in a tent these days.  Besides, you can't take it with you ;) 

First year in camper site as we bought a caravan recently. Gonna be a game changer in terms of a decent nights kip and getting more from the farm. We'll be in East. So excited my cup runneth over. Can relax now and enjoy getting all the bits together for the van. Sleep and cold drinks. Bliss and also can't wait for the Tuesday night on the hill. Gonna be heavenly. 

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I spend quite a few quid renting a caravan, but then it is a week long holiday to me and very much feeling our age there's no way we'd be kipping in a tent these days.  Besides, you can't take it with you ;) 

Yes I'm the same really,just was browsing the net and 2 weeks in Spain popped up for slightly less lol. Don't worry I'm not changing my mind as always promised I'd do it at least once and been saving. Feel wee guilty that it's just me but hey ho. I hope you have a wonderful time

17 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

I agree, it doesn't make sense and it's confusing. My friends ended up buying two WV passes against the same registration, while another friend didn't get one. The Ts and Cs say they're non transferable, so I assume the second one needs cancelling and can't be used by the other person. But then what is the point of allowing two bookings against the same registration? The lead booker could only ever occupy one of the tents.

I don't think they check registrations to campervan tickets when you arrive.  Loads of people sell them on every year with no problem.

Basically this whole system is ideal for touts.  I don't know why Glastonbury/See allow it.

5 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Yes I'm the same really,just was browsing the net and 2 weeks in Spain popped up for slightly less lol. Don't worry I'm not changing my mind as always promised I'd do it at least once and been saving. Feel wee guilty that it's just me but hey ho. I hope you have a wonderful time

You too :)   

If it makes you feel better, I went to Botswana this year and the cost of going there makes my Glastonbury trips and other holidays seem like an absolute bargain.  But then I don't have any interest in shiny trinkets, cars or what have you and I'd much rather do something great.  

I'm under no illusions that a combination of my genes and my lifestyle choices mean if I'm lucky I've got a decade or two left, so may as well enjoy it :)

• Like 1

Just now, uscore said:

I don't think they check registrations to campervan tickets when you arrive.  Loads of people sell them on every year with no problem.

Basically this whole system is ideal for touts.  I don't know why Glastonbury/See allow it.

I've heard conflicting reports, some saying they don't check and others that they have. Probably it would be fine in most cases but feels slightly risky. 

2 minutes ago, uscore said:

You're wrong I'm afraid.

They explicitly check it when people arrive and have for the last couple of years because there was an increase in them being resold at a profit during one or two specific years when they were in short supply.

"Anyone planning to bring a campervan or caravan in 2019 will need to book their own campervan/caravan tickets and will need to present both their named campervan/caravan ticket and Festival ticket to be able to park in these fields. Campervan/caravan tickets will feature the name and address of the ticket booker. "

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

1 minute ago, Kashkin said:

I've heard conflicting reports, some saying they don't check and others that they have. Probably it would be fine in most cases but feels slightly risky. 

yeah, sounds about right.  Touts don't care though, they've sold the tickets.  All the risk is on the buyer :(

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

You're wrong I'm afraid.

They explicitly check it when people arrive and have for the last couple of years because there was an increase in them being resold at a profit during one or two specific years when they were in short supply.

"Anyone planning to bring a campervan or caravan in 2019 will need to book their own campervan/caravan tickets and will need to present both their named campervan/caravan ticket and Festival ticket to be able to park in these fields. Campervan/caravan tickets will feature the name and address of the ticket booker. "

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

fair enough.  I'm only going on what people have told me.   There's a big difference between saying it on the website and actually doing it, of course.

25 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

First year in camper site as we bought a caravan recently. Gonna be a game changer in terms of a decent nights kip and getting more from the farm. We'll be in East. So excited my cup runneth over. Can relax now and enjoy getting all the bits together for the van. Sleep and cold drinks. Bliss and also can't wait for the Tuesday night on the hill. Gonna be heavenly. 

Yes my excitement has ramped up somewhat after today. And that’s after I  thought it couldn’t get any higher ??

21 minutes ago, clarkete said:

You're wrong I'm afraid.

Indeed this is true, used CV West in 2015 and CV East in 2017, ALL tickets were thoroughly checked, no way they'd have let us in if my name wasn't on BOTH the tickets.

26 minutes ago, uscore said:

fair enough.  I'm only going on what people have told me.   There's a big difference between saying it on the website and actually doing it, of course.

This is relatively new system.

2016 - they did not do any checks (presumably because of the mud and the 20 hour que!)

2017 - they did it a bit - we got checked, but no one else in our group did.

2019 - who knows

52 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Whats the view like from West? Assume its like from the Park?  Viewing Sign bit? Don't think I've even seen a pic - can you walk around/outside?  I didn't think there was pedestrian access into West except through the festival (never been in West so absolutely no idea!).

Edited by stuwilky

8 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

Whats the view like from West? Assume its like from the Park?  Viewing Sign bit? Don't think I've even seen a pic - can you walk around/outside?  I didn't think there was pedestrian access into West except through the festival (never been in West so absolutely no idea!).

West is flat, its the East thats above the site

1 hour ago, glastolover19 said:

I'm just hoping the tipis are bloody worth it,just sunk in that I spunked the price of a holiday on a giant tent?

I can take it off your hands if you want! ;)

Unfortunately didn't manage to get one in the sale, which seems to have been particularly challenging due to the day change. We had around 30 people trying to get through for us, but sadly all gone in a few mins. Oh well, into genpop we go!