Campervan, Worthy View & Tipis Sale Date

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, angelin said:

We managed to get WV tickets but we are waiting on a friend getting her ticket in the resale. Will she beable to get a car park ticket for WV if shes lucky to get a festival ticket in the resale?

The lead booker can add one to their order for her. Just have to ring See to sort it.

33 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

No. Ever seen a backpacking 2 person tent? They do work as a 2 person tent but for festival purposes, they're really a 1 person tent.

Yes, I'm used to walking and camping (for fun) with a friend sharing a tent. Guess you're right if the weather is really shite and you stay in your tent more than you like. Bit depending on your own standards and who you're with - as students we're used to not having much :P But as stated above, size isn't too bad on these ones.

Edited by StupidDream

13 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

I had friends who said same as you. Any luck yourself?

Ended up with CV ticket for B&W, but taking 2 children this year, really needed to be CV East for proximity to kids field and T&C areas. The little one will need us to take a trolley and I'm not sure if thats allowed on the shuttle bus.

Decided to go for a 2 man scout, got it at twenty five past ten.  Second time at the view, I kinda preferred the buzz of the main camping areas but the thought of less queues to get in and car close by swayed me.  Going up the hill at night and seeing the views over the whole place is a wee bit magical.  

3 minutes ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Ended up with CV ticket for B&W, but taking 2 children this year, really needed to be CV East for proximity to kids field and T&C areas. The little one will need us to take a trolley and I'm not sure if thats allowed on the shuttle bus.

Sorry bud,are you going to keep a look out fo resales or just going to stick with it? Never done b&w so not sure what shuttle is like,I assume they will let you providing there's the space. Hope it works out for you

Got a 2 and 4 person scout tent at WV for our group of 6 and another group got two belle pads I'm delighted. Really like worthy view, enjoy the walk and love the view, love the proximity to some of my favourite parts of the site, means I can easily bring 5 days worth of chilled beer without long repeat journey to the car, be clean every day, turn up on Wednesday morning at leisure without stress, leave on Monday morning with relative ease, ensure others around you leave no trace more easily etc. I have no shame in wearing the wristband. 

Edited by DJL
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Trolleys will probably be ok on the shuttle buses.   They'll just be the same buses that anyone using the drop off point has to take. Old double decker with the luggage all piled up downstairs at the back.

CG is right, we ended up in B &W by default in 2016 when they shut the cv fields, the buses were old double deckers so shouldnt be a problem 

Bit gutted - was trying to get WV tickets for my parents (my dad has always wanted to go to Glastonbury and my mum has been convinced after he had a health scare last year). I’m assuming these go back on and off sale over the year depending on cancellations etc and it’s worth keeping an eye on them?

7 minutes ago, DJL said:

Got a 2 and 4 person scout tent at WV for our group of 6 and another group got two belle pads I'm delighted. Really like worthy view, enjoy the walk and love the view, love the proximity to some of my favourite parts of the site, means I can easily bring 5 days worth of chilled beer without long repeat journey to the car, be clean every day, turn up on Wednesday morning at leisure without stress, leave on Monday morning with relative ease, ensure others around you leave no trace more easily etc. I have no shame in wearing the wristband. 

Been going to Glastonbury since the mid 90's and seen the Festival change over the years.  Last year was our first Worthy View and, to be honest, I don't think I could ever go back to the regular camping (obviously I could but you know what I mean).

The proximity of the car park, the space around the tents (no more waking up and finding another tent almost pitched in your tents porch) but the main thing is we can only arrive Thursday afternoon (family and work commitments) and by this time you're parked out in one of the far fields and tramping around trying to find a semi decent pitch which just gets harder every year.  Also, a couple members of our Glastonbury crew aren't able to get down until 10.00-11.00pm Thursday night, so we usually took their tent and pitched it for them but the logistics of that and finding a suitable pitch was becoming a bit of a pain.

Worthy View is hardly high end Glamping, but rocking up on a Thursday, knowing the tents waiting for you and knowing that when your head eventually hits the pillow in the early hours you won't have Gabba techno playing next to you or off their heads kids crashing on top of your tent has its perks.  Also, kind of like grabbing coffee / brekkie and taking in the view from way up high.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JW91 said:

Bit gutted - was trying to get WV tickets for my parents (my dad has always wanted to go to Glastonbury and my mum has been convinced after he had a health scare last year). I’m assuming these go back on and off sale over the year depending on cancellations etc and it’s worth keeping an eye on them?

Just keep checking u get cancellations etc and some go back on sale