They came from a land down under

The Other Steve

1 minute ago, lazzareo said:

What's going on in Oz at the moment as they bringing out some great music. My two favourite bands at the moment are DMA's and Gang Of Youths and would love them to be at Glastonbury next year.  Can't get enough of them.

Fair one. Add Pond, DZ Deathrays, King Gizzard, Tame Impala, Holy Holy, Tash Sultana to that list

41 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

And Jagwar Ma and Cut Copy and Confidence Man and Courtney Barnett...

There's a few these days!

Cut Copy seem to have neglected us over here. Sure that Haiuku From Zero ĹP has been out over a year and not once have they played live over here during that time. They must be over here next year surely??

Just now, dentalplan said:

Would be happy to see any of Camp Cope, Tropical Fuck Storm, Julia Jacklin (or Phantastic Ferniture), City Calm Down, Alex Cameron, Hatchie, The Chats, Amyl & the Sniffers or a vegemite themed food stall at next year’s do.

As long as they don't bring their beer as it is shite. They think they are all big drinkers, yet they drink light beers i  little glasses.

I lived in Brisbane for a year and went out with a few lads one night. Got them on the Stella in an Irish bar. Thought they were clever knocking them back. All pissed with 90 minutes.

10 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Cut Copy seem to have neglected us over here. Sure that Haiuku From Zero ĹP has been out over a year and not once have they played live over here during that time. They must be over here next year surely??

Every year I expect them to be announced for The Park.  Every year they disappoint.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

As long as they don't bring their beer as it is shite. They think they are all big drinkers, yet they drink light beers i  little glasses.

I lived in Brisbane for a year and went out with a few lads one night. Got them on the Stella in an Irish bar. Thought they were clever knocking them back. All pissed with 90 minutes.

:lol: Jesus.

You reminded me I missed Stella Donnelly off my list as well.

55 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

William Crighton.

Best set I saw at Boomtown.

There were about eleven of us there.

The other 60000 were idiots.

He was spectacular.

I emailed him to tell him he has to play.

Would be incredible on Park or Avalon.

Ben

thanks for the heads up. Found this on Vimeo (youtube blocked at work)

Beautiful

18 minutes ago, Peter_Quaife said:

different William Crighton maybe??

Oh no, that's him.

With his wife in that Vimeo, I think.

He's amazing. Like a big, bearded, angrier Aussie Billy Bragg.

Check out his debut album and then Empire his new one from this year. He's bloody brilliant.

I'm a little bit in love.

Thanks, Peter - will now defo listen to him on the way home!

:)

Ben