Bagged a local ticket

youngatheart2

6 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Clearly a problem with local tickets  getting into the wrong hands, but short of selling them by driving tickets round in an ice cream van with no pre warning, some folk will find a way of abusing the process.

CE6B7C31-2025-4AC4-8722-54EFF449B09E.jpeg

Ooooh that makes my blood boil, so it does. If Krista was here now I'd be giving her some serious angry looks and passive aggressive sighs.

Edited by Skoo
spelling

On 10/21/2018 at 1:06 PM, glastolover19 said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it flags up if "local" tries to change address. G.F are not stupid and know the tricks people try. You friends are still pricks though if trying to get tickets when not actually local. Nice to see quite a few folks are selfish enough to put the festival at jeopardy by pissing off the locals

Indeed it does flag up hence the reason if you buy a locals ticket the only time they will allow a change of address is if its to another address within the locals catchment area. You cannot purchase a ticket to a local address and then change it to an address outside the locals area. They simply don't allow it barring exceptional circumstances. 

Now however I am going to blow your whole argument out of the water.

Many of the locals within the catchment area allow others to use ttheir address. In most cases for family who do not live in the area and would not qualify for tickets. Family members move away but see tickets are never told. I know of one family where 8 children have left home to live around the UK. They ALL get locals tickets because they are still registered as living at home. Not only that they have registered partners who likewise get tickets.

In one house there are over 10 people registered as locals ( which granted they were at some point) but do not live there permanently.

Hundreds of kids have gone off to uni and as such do not live in the area. They simply register at their parents address to qualify. If you are going to apply the rules strictly any one living away at University should not be eligible for locals tickets either as their permanent residence isn't the address they are registered to.

I know literally dozens of locals who use their address to help friends and family get tickets they are not technically entitled to. Local people are the biggest culprits for abusing the system and its been that way for a long time. Part of the perks of being a local is using your address not just for yourself but for friends and family. GF actually admit they don't mind as long as people don't take the piss. If you are local and get your boyfriend a ticket they will not kick up a fuss. They only get annoyed when people are profiteering by charging others to use their address or abusing the privilege ie you are registering too many people to your address and they see loads of people trying to use the same address and its obvious they don't all live there and its being used as a scam to avoid the main ballot 

But as I say, locals are equally guilty for getting people tickets when they are not supposed to. If you want to throw abuse at those who get tickets when they shouldn't throw abuse at the locals who help them. Mums, dads, brothers sisters etc. 

Edited by United@glasto
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, United@glasto said:

Indeed it does flag up hence the reason if you buy a locals ticket the only time they will allow a change of address is if its to another address within the locals catchment area. You cannot purchase a ticket to a local address and then change it to an address outside the locals area. They simply don't allow it barring exceptional circumstances. 

Many of the locals within the catchment area allow others to use ttheir address. In most cases for family who do not live in the area and would not qualify for tickets. Family members move away but see tickets are never told. I know of one family where 8 children have left home to live around the UK. They ALL get locals tickets because they are still registered as living at home. Not only that they have registered partners who likewise get tickets.

In one house there are over 10 people registered as locals ( which granted they were at some point) but do not live there permanently.

Hundreds of kids have gone off to uni and as such do not live in the area. They simply register at their parents address to qualify. If you are going to apply the rules strictly any one living away at University should not be eligible for locals tickets either as their permanent residence isn't the address they are registered to.

I know literally dozens of locals who use their address to help friends and family get tickets they are not technically entitled to. Local people are the biggest culprits for abusing the system and its been that way for a long time. Part of the perks of being a local is using your address not just for yourself but for friends and family. GF actually admit they don't mind as long as people don't take the piss. If you are local and get your boyfriend a ticket they will not kick up a fuss. They only get annoyed when people are profiteering by charging others to use their address or abusing the privilege ie you are registering too many people to your address and they see loads of people trying to use the same address and its obvious they don't all live there and its being used as a scam to avoid the main ballot 

But as I say, locals are equally guilty for getting people tickets when they are not supposed to. If you want to throw abuse at those who get tickets when they shouldn't throw abuse at the locals who help them. Mums, dads, brothers sisters etc. 

I agree totally. Can I just add that of all the things that could put the festival in jeopardy this issue falls quite low in the rankings. Besides ME & co have navigated successfuly, to protect the future of the festival, through far more choppy waters than this.

I also don't think any of us are in a position to know the extent of this issue or if it is getting worse or not. This whole argument is based on nothing more than speculation. 

16 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I agree totally. Can I just add that of all the things that could put the festival in jeopardy this issue falls quite low in the rankings. Besides ME & co have navigated successfuly, to protect the future of the festival, through far more choppy waters than this.

I also don't think any of us are in a position to know the extent of this issue or if it is getting worse or not. This whole argument is based on nothing more than speculation. 

Not really though considering the amount of locals who would normally get tickets who have missed out the last few years

3 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Not really though considering the amount of locals who would normally get tickets who have missed out the last few years

Ok, I'll bite. How many locals missed out on tickets this time  than would 'normally' have got them?

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

43 minutes ago, United@glasto said:

Sorry mate but whatever way you want to dress it up anyone who is not a resident shouldn't get one simple as that the only exception I guess is people who have to leave for a period ie uni students etc. Don't worry I think anyone who enables a non local is a a-hole too as well as the ones who fraudulently use others addresses. I do think the number of locals who allow it is relatively small in comparison to people who have no links at all 

Also good job on giving a detailed account on how to obtain tickets that's really gonna help

Just now, glastolover19 said:

Sorry I just don't understand why it's so difficult to get that those tickets are meant for a certain group. You wouldn't try blagging a disabled ticket,actually I wouldn't be surprised

It's always happened and was at one time encouraged (however that has changed). You claim it's getting worse but offer no evidence of that. You claim the festival is in jeopardy but offer no evidence of that either.

Rather a poor strawnan argument to bring disabled issues into this.

1 minute ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

It's always happened and was at one time encouraged (however that has changed). You claim it's getting worse but offer no evidence of that. You claim the festival is in jeopardy but offer no evidence of that either.

Rather a poor strawnan argument to bring disabled issues into this.

Sorry but I have explained this before in previous posts so I suggest you go look over them first. Also I'm not bringing disabled issues into it I'm making a comparison before you try spinning it. The point is you'd respect one group but not another.

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I had no trouble getting on the local ticket page on the sat ... it was the only page I got on during the whole ticket process ... so maybe wasn't so hard for locals if they wanted them ?

Here's something to ponder. The local page was busy and many didn't get through so it was running at full capacity. The 2 local sales ran for approximately half the time as the main sale.

Can we surmise that locals receive 1/3 of the ticket allocation?

Is that 'fair'?

3 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Here's something to ponder. The local page was busy and many didn't get through so it was running at full capacity. The 2 local sales ran for approximately half the time as the main sale.

Can we surmise that locals receive 1/3 of the ticket allocation?

Is that 'fair'?

You can't compare with main sale.....See will almost certainly throttle back the number of available sessions to avoid the local sale being over in 90 seconds.

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I had no trouble getting on the local ticket page on the sat ... it was the only page I got on during the whole ticket process ... so maybe wasn't so hard for locals if they wanted them ?

We no longer fall into the catchment area (we used to but the boundary has changed), but out of interest we leisurely checked the sale on Saturday morning and got straight through to the booking page. 

isn't this just the nature of the success of the festival now ... its become more difficult in every type of sale from main , local , worthyview , caravan , teepee etc , unfortunately its human nature to try and explore (take advantage of ) any opportunities that are out there ... I used to be able to win the chance of buying 1 of 1000 pairs of tickets with the western daily press , but this avenue has gone ...It doesn't make me think that im entitled , I just have to try the other avenues that are out there ...and join bigger syndicates this year to maximise chances .

2 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Sorry but I have explained this before in previous posts so I suggest you go look over them first. Also I'm not bringing disabled issues into it I'm making a comparison before you try spinning it. The point is you'd respect one group but not another.

You are obviously upset by this but your arguments are rather spurious and desperate at times too.

Perhaps you should consider accepting that some local tix will always 'leak' to non-locals because that is a fact regardless of how many insults you hurl around. Remember too that there is no data on this for this or any previous years.

I do however suspect (from personal experience) that local tickets did not sell out before the last 2 or 3 years of sales. Over that period the popularity of the festival has grown (evidenced by ncreased overall demand) , there is no reason to suspect that it has also not grown in popularity locally ( the local population has seen growth too).

Perhaps we have just reached the point where local demand outstrips local supply.