Bagged a local ticket

youngatheart2

41 minutes ago, thewayiam . said:

I am getting really sick of you at this stage so called 'H.M.V.'....maybe instead I send your photo to the HQ and then they'll know not to let you in you think fuck.....do not call me a fucking duck!!

Are you fucking serious?, How about I meet you at the fatm and then we'll will see who is so big lmao!

Yeah go on mate,if you think I'm scared you have no idea

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I'm not generally in agreement of threads being deleted but this has been a car crash and could seriously get in the sea. Sorry for contributing to the shit. @eFestivals Apologies Neil. 

No, I agree, I don't like deletions or censorship either, but as you say this is now best just consigned to history before anyone says anything they might wish they hadn't

Just now, billum said:

No, I agree, I don't like deletions or censorship either, but as you say this is now best just consigned to history before anyone says anything they might wish they hadn't

As well as the fact the locals would like the online resource to be removed as well. So many reasons to go.

10 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

The bullying and threatening behaviour towards one individual in recent comments on this thread is shocking. 

Please remember there is a person behind that keyboard. 

So much for the Glastonbury spirit.

there was a troll who created an account to look like another user.

w*nkers will be w*nkers.

I've just had text from a family member who tried for local tickets and failed.  Went to office to complain and found out 80 registrations on her postcode.  I have previously said about myself registering at a families address as I'm only 1 mile from catchment area but I feel this issue will now be dealt with via the festival or seetickets.  They may even have to go back to phone orders possibly to request that proof of address be sent to seetickets to be verified.  Obviously if it's not verified then tickets cancelled.  Unfortunately  some locals have brought this on themselves by giving out address details and obviously word of mouth etc has made it 10 times worse.  Now they complain!!!

Edited by panasonic2011

11 minutes ago, panasonic2011 said:

I've just had text from a family member who tried for local tickets and failed.  Went to office to complain and found out 80 registrations on her postcode.  I have previously said about myself registering at a families address as I'm only 1 mile from catchment area but I feel this issue will now be dealt with via the festival or seetickets.  They may even have to go back to phone orders possibly to request that proof of address be sent to seetickets to be verified.  Obviously if it's not verified then tickets cancelled.  That's not to say some locals have brought this on themselves by giving out address details and obviously word of mouth etc has made it 10 times worse

Do you know how many houses are in that postcode please? Google tells me there are an average of 15 but up to 100 houses per individual postcode.

My Glastonbury postcode covers 43 houses.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

5 minutes ago, panasonic2011 said:

I've just had text from a family member who tried for local tickets and failed.  Went to office to complain and found out 80 registrations on her postcode.  I have previously said about myself registering at a families address as I'm only 1 mile from catchment area but I feel this issue will now be dealt with via the festival or seetickets.  They may even have to go back to phone orders possibly to request that proof of address be sent to seetickets to be verified.  Obviously if it's not verified then tickets cancelled.  Unfortunately  some locals have brought this on themselves by giving out address details and obviously word of mouth etc has made it 10 times worse.  Now they complain!!!

to be fair to the locals, the system allows this type of abuse, because the registration address & postcode can be changed after the tickets have been bought - so people have worked out how to game the system. The locals don't need to have given out any details for this to happen.

There's a few different ways the system can be changed to stop this sort of abuse. Hopefully they'll sort it out.

Just now, panasonic2011 said:

No I don't.  It looks like a massive issue this year but unless someone at seetickets goes through  every registration and checks then this thing will continue

One way of managing it would be to put a block on changing address for the registrations used for local tickets.

It'll mean that anyone abusing the system will have their tickets delivered to the local address they used, where they won't be able to retrieve them.

3 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Clearly a problem with local tickets  getting into the wrong hands, but short of selling them by driving tickets round in an ice cream van with no pre warning, some folk will find a way of abusing the process.

CE6B7C31-2025-4AC4-8722-54EFF449B09E.jpeg

That’s some real Hidden Figures standard redacting there John!!! ?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

One way of managing it would be to put a block on changing address for the registrations used for local tickets.

It'll mean that anyone abusing the system will have their tickets delivered to the local address they used, where they won't be able to retrieve them.

Just picturing folk in Somerset getting an avalanche of random Glastonbury tickets through the letterbox in May. :P

If it really is as simple as setting your postcode to a local one, then changing it to your real one once you've bagged your ticket - then it's kind of an obvious flaw that is bound to be exploited.

I know of someone local who doesn't go the festival, but allows a few friends to register using her address and postcode, and then posts the tickets on when they arrive.  I can't see how you get around this abuse, but surely something can be done about the changing address trick?