Bagged a local ticket

youngatheart2

30 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Tbh if the majority on here were in that position and could get the ticket delivered to friends who are there to either the collect later or be posted after delivery to them then I believe they would do it. Afterall, they are still paying the full price for the ticket.

TBH proper friends wouldn't put their friends in that position of potentially having their own tickets cancelled. 

37 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Tbh if the majority on here were in that position and could get the ticket delivered to friends who are there to either the collect later or be posted after delivery to them then I believe they would do it. Afterall, they are still paying the full price for the ticket.

It makes no difference if paying full price or 100x the price,those tickets are allocated for the people who are disrupted by the fest as a thank you. Anyone who thinks it's acceptable to do this is an a-hole who has no respect for the festival

Didn't want to put my 10pence in but if anybody and I mean anybody had the chance of getting a ticket by using a friend's or relatives address then they WOULD.  I don't believe anybody who says anything different.  A ticket is a ticket as long as the friend or relative is in agreement that is

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

TBH proper friends wouldn't put their friends in that position of potentially having their own tickets cancelled. 

I don't think they are and that if it is, is purely down to the ticket buyer and their choice.

1 hour ago, glastolover19 said:

It makes no difference if paying full price or 100x the price,those tickets are allocated for the people who are disrupted by the fest as a thank you. Anyone who thinks it's acceptable to do this is an a-hole who has no respect for the festival

So someone who has been on the F5 chase for 10 years has no respect for the festival?...I think it's a bit of a bollocks reaction really. Let's also not be silly here...the disrupted by the locals thing is over exaggerated...they love the fact they have a 90% overall chance of grabbing a ticket outside of the normal sale due to the fact they live that close to it. If they really didn't like it that much and kicked off then the festival would be in serious jeopardy of not going ahead. 

3 minutes ago, panasonic2011 said:

Didn't want to put my 10pence in but if anybody and I mean anybody had the chance of getting a ticket by using a friend's or relatives address then they WOULD.  I don't believe anybody who says anything different.  A ticket is a ticket as long as the friend or relative is in agreement that is

Exactly! And to be honest based on all this...I personally think if you did it and got one you are like I don't care tbh but I also believe a lot of jealousy comes in if you don't have a ticket.

27 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think they are and that if it is, is purely down to the ticket buyer and their choice.

So someone who has been on the F5 chase for 10 years has no respect for the festival?...I think it's a bit of a bollocks reaction really. Let's also not be silly here...the disrupted by the locals thing is over exaggerated...they love the fact they have a 90% overall chance of grabbing a ticket outside of the normal sale due to the fact they live that close to it. If they really didn't like it that much and kicked off then the festival would be in serious jeopardy of not going ahead. 

No you don't have any respect how can you when the festival itself states the tickets are for locals and you ignore that? Also do you not think it's a disruption for locals or are you that ignorant? And if I was you I'd do my homework because you clearly don't know the trouble M.E had getting them onside over the years and your see it has already been in jeopardy before and this was one of the sweeteners.

If say a local couple are consenting to another couple using their address to get local tickets as they don’t want to go and the other couple are either close family/friends and/or are charging a fee for said benefit then so be it.. afterall the benefit is non exsistant it said person(s) don’t wish to attend the festival.. 

I wouldn’t resent a local who is selling that benefit as they didn’t wish to use it .... 

What I do have an issue with is the thought of people doing it on the sly and changing the address for delivery

2 minutes ago, Meatball said:

If say a local couple are consenting to another couple using their address to get local tickets as they don’t want to go and the other couple are either close family/friends and/or are charging a fee for said benefit then so be it.. afterall the benefit is non exsistant it said person(s) don’t wish to attend the festival.. 

I wouldn’t resent a local who is selling that benefit as they didn’t wish to use it .... 

What I do have an issue with is the thought of people doing it on the sly and changing the address for delivery

The problem with that is your assuming that every single local is allocated a ticket which they are not

3 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

The problem with that is your assuming that every single local is allocated a ticket which they are not

No but every local is given the right to have the chance to benefit... if they wish to go then great .. if the they wish to use their chance at a benefit in another way then so be it... 

1 minute ago, Meatball said:

No but every local is given the right to have the chance to benefit... if they wish to go then great .. if the they wish to use their chance at a benefit in another way then so be it... 

And fingers crossed that not many locals would do that. Anyone who gets a local ticket whose not local is an a-hole simple as that and I hope you get caught and have you ticket cancelled

• Upvote 1

Just now, glastolover19 said:

And fingers crossed that not many locals would do that. Anyone who gets a local ticket whose not local is an a-hole simple as that and I hope you get caught and have you ticket cancelled

I much prefer the idea that all the locals enjoy the festival and wish to use that benefit for themselves.., was simply saying that if they didn’t wish to go then the benefit was non exsistant unless they used in another way.. 

As many have said... I really don’t understand why all this information isn’t still just distributed locally rather than online

Do you know if there is a limit to registrations from a single address to prevent mass profiteering? 

2 minutes ago, Meatball said:

I much prefer the idea that all the locals enjoy the festival and wish to use that benefit for themselves.., was simply saying that if they didn’t wish to go then the benefit was non exsistant unless they used in another way.. 

As many have said... I really don’t understand why all this information isn’t still just distributed locally rather than online

Do you know if there is a limit to registrations from a single address to prevent mass profiteering? 

A local that missed out here.

In the past I have heard that the maximum number of registrations at a single address is six

Edited by Kalopsia

2 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

A local that missed out here.

In the past I have heard that the maximum number of registrations at a single address is six

Sorry to hear you missed out ...feel your pain (not local but coach/main sales)

glad to hear there is at least a maximum to registrations for local address ... that would probably be the biggest way to abuse the system 

12 minutes ago, Meatball said:

As far as I'm concerned if you go on a local ticket and aren't local,regardless of whether a local got you the tickets then your an a-hole. I know a few locals who missed out on tickets and are rightfully pissed off. Like I've said before if people keep taking the tickets from us then you lose the local support which as history shows could have a major impact on the future of the fest,which I think we all agree would be a shame.

Yes I do know some of the systems in place but will not post info on an open forum

I would do whatever it took to get a ticket.  I live 1 mile from catchment area and I know people within this.  I did get a ticket this year but I'll tell you this now.  I will  be registering at my families address within the catchment area next year as a back up for getting a ticket.  I won't feel guilty doing it either.  

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, panasonic2011 said:

I would do whatever it took to get a ticket.  I live 1 mile from catchment area and I know people within this.  I did get a ticket this year but I'll tell you this now.  I will  be registering at my families address within the catchment area next year as a back up for getting a ticket.  I won't feel guilty doing it either.  

Fingers crossed you won't get a ticket then

13 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

As far as I'm concerned if you go on a local ticket and aren't local,regardless of whether a local got you the tickets then your an a-hole. I know a few locals who missed out on tickets and are rightfully pissed off. Like I've said before if people keep taking the tickets from us then you lose the local support which as history shows could have a major impact on the future of the fest,which I think we all agree would be a shame.

Yes I do know some of the systems in place but will not post info on an open forum

I agree with most of what you say... probably the only slight difference is that I would see no issue in a local couple who had no desire to attend the festival gifting their benefit to their family 

Just now, Meatball said:

I agree with most of what you say... probably the only slight difference is that I would see no issue in a local couple who had no desire to attend the festival gifting their benefit to their family 

Sorry but you seem to think each resident is allocated a ticket,it's not like that it's the same pot luck system as main sale. Just because 1 local doesn't want to go doesn't mean his neighbour doesn't so you then taking it away from them. Bottom line is if you're not local then don't try getting tickets this way,accept you didn't get 1 in main sale,keep praying you get 1 in resale and if you don't get 1 then sorry it's tough get over it,don't be selfish and stop pissing off the people who ultimately could make or break the festival

14 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Sorry but you seem to think each resident is allocated a ticket,it's not like that it's the same pot luck system as main sale. Just because 1 local doesn't want to go doesn't mean his neighbour doesn't so you then taking it away from them. Bottom line is if you're not local then don't try getting tickets this way,accept you didn't get 1 in main sale,keep praying you get 1 in resale and if you don't get 1 then sorry it's tough get over it,don't be selfish and stop pissing off the people who ultimately could make or break the festival

I didn’t get a ticket (for the first time ever) and haven’t/wouldn’t contact some random cause they live local in a hope to gain an advantage... so please don’t confuse what I’m saying with me being an advocate for that...

I do understand that the local sale isn’t enough for everyone to get a ticket..., but who is more likely to complain “ultimately make or break the festival” ... the person who loves the festival and wanted to go but didn’t get lucky ... or the person who has no interest in the festival and yet couldn’t even use their local advantage to benefit their family  

thats why I asked about limits to see if this had been thought about to prevent pure profiteering.... 

ultimately the local who has no interest in attending the festival has just as much right to complain and is twice as likely to use that right 

45 minutes ago, panasonic2011 said:

I'm with you and if I'm thought of as a dick for doing it because it's not 100% by the rules then so be it. I turn up and respect the females leave no trace ethics etc, I always take my tent back and I've helped a girl get back to her tent who I didn't know but was walking along holding her arm after hurting it but okay I don't respect the festival, it's not important to me etc etc.

I'm fed this bull yet, and nothing. against Neil but people are in favour of him due to running this being able to grab a ticket through other means if he's unable to in the sales, sorry but why does that give you a right to that?, he doesn't as far as I'm aware have a stake in the festival?...he runs this company and very well most of the time I might add. This being said, if I was him and someone offered me a ticket out of sales fuck yes!...I'm only jealous it's not me. Sometimes things are a little wrong but given the chance you snap it.

19 minutes ago, Meatball said:

I didn’t get a ticket (for the first time ever) and haven’t/wouldn’t contact some random cause they live local in a hope to gain an advantage... so please don’t confuse what I’m saying with me being an advocate for that...

I do understand that the local sale isn’t enough for everyone to get a ticket..., but who is more likely to complain “ultimately make or break the festival” ... the person who loves the festival and wanted to go but didn’t get lucky ... or the person who has no interest in the festival and yet couldn’t even use their local advantage to benefit their family  

thats why I asked about limits to see if this had been thought about to prevent pure profiteering.... 

ultimately the local who has no interest in attending the festival has just as much right to complain and is twice as likely to use that right 

If everyone locally was allocated a ticket I'd see your point however you must realize that regardless of who you know in that area,it's a shitty thing to do. Your taking away a chance from a genuine local whose been disrupted by the whole thing.

And sorry but the people who are mostly likely to complain are the ones who couldn't get tickets,the person who isn't interested doesn't care if they get a ticket whereas a genuine local who does want one will be pissed off with the arrogant twats who think it's ok. Really there's only 1 solution,if you want to be in the local sale then move.

3 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I don’t know what’s difficult to understand. The tickets should be for the people they’re intended for - locals. If you are within the catchment area but don’t intend going, then don’t apply and help ensure the scheme benefits those it’s supposed to.

People understand what is right and how things should be in the context of things but when it comes to it not everything in life is done completely above board. Nothing else to saynon the matter really.