Bagged a local ticket

youngatheart2

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Nope, I was the only person who got past the holding screen. It was near the sell out time though, was yours? Maybe it’s as the tickets dry up and then as transactions fail they become available again?

Yep... in fact my brother in law got the sold out message BEFORE I had completed payment details, but the transaction went through. It was a close one!

2 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Yep... in fact my brother in law got the sold out message BEFORE I had completed payment details, but the transaction went through. It was a close one!

Yep! If I’d known how close, I would have probably collapsed before being able to click the proceed button!

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Are local tickets for the whole fest, or just Sunday?

They are full tickets, just like general sale. 

I got 12 tickets in the main sale, then bought four locals for friends who failed on the Sunday. Bought and paid for by 12:02. 

Two more locals want me to try for the hat trick on Saturday morning. 

I did get a full ticket along with 5 for friends, cancelled mine two days later, so felt very lucky to get local ticket this morning.  Have never known it sell out for locals this quick. Maybe they need to increase amount for locals, and cut back accordingly on full tickets, or narrow the local area.

1 hour ago, denwyn said:

I did get a full ticket along with 5 for friends, cancelled mine two days later, so felt very lucky to get local ticket this morning.  Have never known it sell out for locals this quick. Maybe they need to increase amount for locals, and cut back accordingly on full tickets, or narrow the local area.

So you got a ticket (main sale) ... cancelled  it... then got another (local sale)... all within a few weeks?

Is there a reason for this that I’m stupidly not seeing? 

2 minutes ago, Meatball said:

So you got a ticket (main sale) ... cancelled  it... then got another (local sale)... all within a few weeks?

Is there a reason for this that I’m stupidly not seeing? 

I'm glad I'm not the only confused one! Maybe @denwyn just really fucking likes the nausea associated with T-Day. Or changes his mind a lot!

1 hour ago, denwyn said:

It's because the sale is split in two. It was on sale for 22 mins or something.

I've been told there's basically the same amount of tickets going on sale tomorrow as there were yesterday, so a 30-40 minute sale isn't that quick really. It used to take ages because it was on the phone!

Edited by strummer77

27 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I'm glad I'm not the only confused one! Maybe @denwyn just really fucking likes the nausea associated with T-Day. Or changes his mind a lot!

I helped out when my friends wanted to go, I was the only way be to get through. I'm now not doing the full 3'days, do canceled ticket. Done quite a few Sundays there over the years,as well as 3 days plus. I suppose I didn't really think it through, at 70 I think I will be more than happy with Sunday only,.

8 minutes ago, denwyn said:

I helped out when my friends wanted to go, I was the only way be to get through. I'm now not doing the full 3'days, do canceled ticket. Done quite a few Sundays there over the years,as well as 3 days plus. I suppose I didn't really think it through, at 70 I think I will be more than happy with Sunday only,.

The ticket you bought yesterday though is a full weekend ticket? The Sunday tickets aren't on sale yet.

Edited by strummer77

23 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

That's a good improvement but won't stop non locals from registering with a local address. Short of checking against the electoral roll, I don't see how you can stop that.

If they do that what happens when it comes to the tickets getting sent out though?

1 hour ago, wetflame said:

If they do that what happens when it comes to the tickets getting sent out though?

As things stand, you can change the delivery address for your ticket up until the time of dispatch. So it might be a good idea for locals' tickets to only go to the 'registered' local address to avoid spoofery - could be tricky to enforce through See's dispatch system though as I'd expect it all to be set up to run as it is for all gigs, festivals etc.

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I know someone who has done this ... im hoping they fail ... so will see what  happens after tomorrow if they are successful 

They must have done it before the shut off though. You just need to be lucky to have someone down that end...I would do it if I thought it would help. 

On 10/19/2018 at 1:33 PM, Superscally said:

Wow. I'm moving ?

Well, by this morning, four friends wanted me to try for them. 

By 10:01 I had bagged all four tickets, so three for three attempts this year and twenty tickets bought. 6mb broadband on ie11. One computer, one tab. 

14 hours ago, Shepton said:

Well, by this morning, four friends wanted me to try for them. 

By 10:01 I had bagged all four tickets, so three for three attempts this year and twenty tickets bought. 6mb broadband on ie11. One computer, one tab. 

Tbh I'd have tried but I had no way of making a post code 3.5 hours away seem like mine....and an address for it to be posted that far away comes across slightly dodgy....not happening. But I think you've got someone living down that end who can vouch for you being a permanent etc and it gets you in then I'd do it.

On 10/19/2018 at 4:47 PM, billum said:

As things stand, you can change the delivery address for your ticket up until the time of dispatch. So it might be a good idea for locals' tickets to only go to the 'registered' local address to avoid spoofery - could be tricky to enforce through See's dispatch system though as I'd expect it all to be set up to run as it is for all gigs, festivals etc.

I know a couple of people who have had their 'local' tickets cancelled when they tried to change the delivery address afterwards - so they do check.

3 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

So these arrogant pricks have used a locals address presumably without their consent thereby risking said locals own chance of a ticket?

Or have these arrogant pricks done it with the locals consent?

With the local's consent - they were locals who had moved away but still had friends in the area.  I wasn't condoning - just making the point that there are at least some checks and balances in place to reduce the possibility of non-locals accessing the local tickets.

2 hours ago, BluePaul said:

With the local's consent - they were locals who had moved away but still had friends in the area.  I wasn't condoning - just making the point that there are at least some checks and balances in place to reduce the possibility of non-locals accessing the local tickets.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it flags up if "local" tries to change address. G.F are not stupid and know the tricks people try. You friends are still pricks though if trying to get tickets when not actually local. Nice to see quite a few folks are selfish enough to put the festival at jeopardy by pissing off the locals

5 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it flags up if "local" tries to change address. G.F are not stupid and know the tricks people try. You friends are still pricks though if trying to get tickets when not actually local. Nice to see quite a few folks are selfish enough to put the festival at jeopardy by pissing off the locals

Tbh if the majority on here were in that position and could get the ticket delivered to friends who are there to either the collect later or be posted after delivery to them then I believe they would do it. Afterall, they are still paying the full price for the ticket.

• Downvote 1