Bagged a local ticket

youngatheart2

1 minute ago, Ommadawn said:

That's a good improvement but won't stop non locals from registering with a local address. Short of checking against the electoral roll, I don't see how you can stop that.

Yup, I had a friend that did this last year....but I guess you do at least need to know someone that lives in the catchment area. Or one would assume???

7 minutes ago, Retro P said:

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/glastonbury-festival-2019-local-tickets-2122523

Just read this. Didn’t realise it was this problematic for some. 

Could it just be a question of supply not meeting demand?  I know a lot of locals that got lucky in the general and coach sales.  Its swings & roundabouts.  There is a much greater demand for tickets now and even some locals are missing out because there are more locals than tickets available?

14 minutes ago, Retro P said:

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/glastonbury-festival-2019-local-tickets-2122523

Just read this. Didn’t realise it was this problematic for some. 

3 minutes ago, Glasto peaches said:

Could it just be a question of supply not meeting demand?  I know a lot of locals that got lucky in the general and coach sales.  Its swings & roundabouts.  There is a much greater demand for tickets now and even some locals are missing out because there are more locals than tickets available?

If more than expected missed out it's because they've split the sale in two. There's another go Saturday. I imagine, like usual, virtually every local will get sorted.

Also most of the tweets in that Somerset Live article refer to the issue about it saying 'tickets unavailable' for a bit rather than the sell out. Seemed a weird technical blip

Edited by strummer77

Just now, Glasto peaches said:

Not true about the payment card, I used my mums who lives in Burnham and its gone through.

My experience of Glastonbury has always been that they'll take literally any card you can throw at them that has money on it (not Amex)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

It's not an improvement though. It's how it has always been

I didn't realise that. Michael has been on record several times over the years saying that all locals who wish to attend the festival should be able to obtain a ticket and for years that was (mostly) the case. It certainly wasn't two years ago as I know of several friends who weren't able to go.

I seem to remember that the local tickets were always put on sale after the ticket balances were paid and before the resales (but might again be mistaken). Maybe they ensured all locals who wanted a ticket got one before putting the rest back on sale. Maybe now they just allocate  a set number of tickets for locals and once they've gone, they've gone.

Edited by Ommadawn

17 minutes ago, Becks12 said:

I ordered four tickets for locals. Not sure how I keep getting through this year! Was straight in and all purchased by 12.02

Would love to enlist your services in April?!?! 

Crate of Beer|Cider with your name on it if so... I’ll include the donkey work with delivery to your tent (might even stretch to offering an allocated delivery slot ?)

1 hour ago, Ommadawn said:

I didn't realise that. Michael has been on record several times over the years saying that all locals who wish to attend the festival should be able to obtain a ticket and for years that was (mostly) the case. It certainly wasn't two years ago as I know of several friends who weren't able to go.

I seem to remember that the local tickets were always put on sale after the ticket balances were paid and before the resales (but might again be mistaken). Maybe they ensured all locals who wanted a ticket got one before putting the rest back on sale. Maybe now they just allocate  a set number of tickets for locals and once they've gone, they've gone.

Yes the sales had been in April previously. Then last year in a November. But regardless there used to be a spell so people had a chance to change registrations etc. in between. That’s the main difference as now there was no chance. You were registered locally for the main sale or not at all. 

Tbf the festival putting this info up online rather than just in local papers/posters around villages has been what allowed it to blow up as an issue. Before it was just genuine locals and a few local-but-outside-the-catchmentfriends and family using the system (which in past years they’ve even encouraged to a degree).

Same issues have arisen with the September do since it became completely public mind. That’s become a ball ache to get tickets for compared to years gone by

Edited by strummer77

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

Yes the sales had been in April previously. Then last year in a November. But regardless there used to be a spell so people had a chance to change registrations etc. in between. That’s the main difference as now there was no chance. You were registered locally for the main sale or not at all. 

Tbf the festival putting this info up online rather than just in local papers/posters around villages has been what allowed it to blow up as an issue. Before it was just genuine locals and a few local-but-outside-the-catchmentfriends and family using the system (which in past years they’ve even encouraged to a degree).

Same issues have arisen with the September do since it became completely public mind. That’s become a ball ache to get tickets for compared to years gone by

Totally agree now it's online it's gone silly,always remember seeing it in local rag around April time and can remember even ringing up a few days after sale opened and still got them,now it's 10mins online. Can I say anyone who truly claims to love the festival please respect why these tickets are held back for locals and good luck come April

3 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

That's what I got on the main ticket day at 9.30am ish, but I just kept clicking back and resubmit until it relented- took a few tries. Why does that come up? 

Me too. No idea what that was about but I just persevered through it. I could tell the system was glitchy so kept trying until it worked. I can see how someone would assume it’s sold out and give up, though. Very poor form from See. 

Edited by kalifire

3 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

That's what I got on the main ticket day at 9.30am ish, but I just kept clicking back and resubmit until it relented- took a few tries. Why does that come up? 

I got this as well, on 4g on my phone. someone else in my group had got through and the page froze after entering reg details... but before payment screen. I assumed he had somehow “locked” our reg numbers... as soon as he switched off his PC my phone allowed me to proceed and I managed to get them. Could someone else in your group have got through the holding page before hitting a problem?

8 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I got this as well, on 4g on my phone. someone else in my group had got through and the page froze after entering reg details... but before payment screen. I assumed he had somehow “locked” our reg numbers... as soon as he switched off his PC my phone allowed me to proceed and I managed to get them. Could someone else in your group have got through the holding page before hitting a problem?

Nope, I was the only person who got past the holding screen. It was near the sell out time though, was yours? Maybe it’s as the tickets dry up and then as transactions fail they become available again?