Glasgow - Glasto (Return)

Hysloppopotamus

I've been looking into travel to the festival and found some coach hire available, the one I'm eyeing up is a 16 seater return from Glasgow to Glasto. First quote is £1200 return for the bus (I think there may be some room for negotiation). 

Currently we are only a group of 6 going down from Glasgow, maybe a couple more depending on how successful the resale goes. I'm really just seeing if there is any interest in filling up the rest of the seats to make it as cheap as possible. Full up, it could be as cheap as £75 each, considering it was £150-ish for the official coach tickets it represents a pretty good deal I think. 

Cheers,

H

Thats not a bad price, but if you fill it up you may find you are restricted on luggage/cases of beer :)  

Since 2010 we have have hired self drive minibuses and van/s for the gear, one year 3x 17 seaters and 2 vans. we do it at cost price and it works out about £80 a person return. We always go down on the Tuesday, stop in Glastonbury town on the Monday after the festival and come back on the Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We just hire them and drive em ourselves, it vary s each year we have had up to 3x17 seaters and 2 vans other years its been 2 minibuses and 1 van.

We always go down on the Tuesday before and straight into the queue.      We stay in Glastonbury Town on the Monday night after the fest ( travelodge, local b&b`s etc) and drive back Tuesday.

I start organizing it middle of Jan to get rough numbers so I can provisionally book the minibuses. We are in the same situation with 3/4 more peeps needing tics.

I`ll PM you when I start sorting it out.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/19/2018 at 3:09 PM, THEBOILERMAN said:

We just hire them and drive em ourselves, it vary s each year we have had up to 3x17 seaters and 2 vans other years its been 2 minibuses and 1 van.

We always go down on the Tuesday before and straight into the queue.      We stay in Glastonbury Town on the Monday night after the fest ( travelodge, local b&b`s etc) and drive back Tuesday.

I start organizing it middle of Jan to get rough numbers so I can provisionally book the minibuses. We are in the same situation with 3/4 more peeps needing tics.

I`ll PM you when I start sorting it out.

Hi :) Are you all full up with your Glasgow buses? Just found out I'm moving there to start a new job sometimes in June/July. Ideally it will be after Glastonbury (as Glasgow is very much in the wrong direction from where I live now) but if it's before, I need to start thinking about transport!

On 2/25/2019 at 12:45 PM, THEBOILERMAN said:

Not full up, we can always fit 1 in so keep in touch.

Oh, that's great! Just waiting to hear back from by new boss about start dates. She's in DC now apparently, but hopefully will hear back today....Where do you guys normally stay in Glastonbury town?

Hi there are going to be 4/5 of us Glasgow based people going down and the Tuesday  right into the Q sounds ideal but we would have to make our own way home straight after the festival though but if there is enough space left after you've sorted the returns first and a one way is something you would be happy to accommodate give me a shout closer to the time. Cheers ! @THEBOILERMAN

• 2 months later...

Ok, i`ve not updated due to a number of friends dependent on getting tickets in the resale, thats all sorted now so here the situation:-

We have a total of 31 seats, there are 25 of us going down and 27 coming back.

So 6 seats going and 4 coming back.

this is the plan:-

We  go down on the Tuesday Morning before and straight into the queue.      We stay in Glastonbury Town on the Monday night after the fest ( travelodge) and drive back Tuesday.

It is done at cost and will be approx £80-£90 return. It depends on the fuel used.

We also have several spare rooms at the Glastonbury Travel Lodge for the Monday night after the fest (friends who booked hotel tickets but didn`t get festival tickets) they are also available at cost (friends paid different prices dependent on when the bought them) 

PM me if interested.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:54 PM, THEBOILERMAN said:

Ok, i`ve not updated due to a number of friends dependent on getting tickets in the resale, thats all sorted now so here the situation:-

We have a total of 31 seats, there are 25 of us going down and 27 coming back.

So 6 seats going and 4 coming back.

this is the plan:-

We  go down on the Tuesday Morning before and straight into the queue.      We stay in Glastonbury Town on the Monday night after the fest ( travelodge) and drive back Tuesday.

It is done at cost and will be approx £80-£90 return. It depends on the fuel used.

We also have several spare rooms at the Glastonbury Travel Lodge for the Monday night after the fest (friends who booked hotel tickets but didn`t get festival tickets) they are also available at cost (friends paid different prices dependent on when the bought them) 

PM me if interested.

Bump