Festival Trolley

paddyclark

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello SighMo,

I'd already bought one roll of chicken wire, and then about a year ago I moved in to my new (old) house, and there was a roll of it here in the back garden under a hedge.

I had bought the first roll with the intention of having it wrapped around me, or someone else, so that I could then cut it (or have someone else cut it) down the one side, so that I could get out of the wire mesh bindings. This would then allow me to stitch up the open side with wire, which would leave me with the shape of a human in chicken wire, with which to do an art project with. 

I haven't forgotten about this project - it's just on hold until I get around to doing it. Move over Anthony Gormley, because I'm coming through!

We wrapped a friends head in clingfilm (with holes for noses!) and then layers of Mod Roc plaster (like the stuff they make plaster cast for broken limbs) and made a cast of his head. We then extricated him (with much hilarity) from the plaster cast. We then sealed it all up and poured in wax. Obviously once all this was over we were left with a waxwork head. We painted it to make it look like a bronze and made a plinth. We then set up the head cast, plinth, and fake nameplate right in the middle of this massive wood for passers by (not very frequent!!) to find. I often wonder what anyone (if anyone did find it) thought of our art installation!

edit: this was yonks ago btw. 

Edited by semmtexx

10 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

We wrapped a friends head in clingfilm (with holes for noses!) and then layers of Mod Roc plaster (like the stuff they make plaster cast for broken limbs) and made a cast of his head. We then extricated him (with much hilarity) from the plaster cast. We then sealed it all up and poured in wax. Obviously once all this was over we were left with a waxwork head. We painted it to make it look like a bronze and made a plinth. We then set up the head cast, plinth, and fake nameplate right in the middle of this massive wood for passers by (not very frequent!!) to find. I often wonder what anyone (if anyone did find it) thought of our art installation!

I like it - guerrilla art!

I bought my wife a plaster mould face making kit one Christmas, but we never got around to doing it. It's still in the garage, waiting to be done. I have a lot of projects waiting to be done, because my procrastination skills are beyond compare!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I like it - guerrilla art!

I bought my wife a plaster mould face making kit one Christmas, but we never got around to doing it. It's still in the garage, waiting to be done. I have a lot of projects waiting to be done, because my procrastination skills are beyond compare!

Procrastination is one of my favourite activities!! 

5 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Procrastination is one of my favourite activities!! 

I haven't got round too it yet. *boom etc.*

That Juggernaut looks fucking serious.. although a bit tooo serious maybe. Like it should speak to you and self push/pull (if only). It's a bit 'black 4x4' or possibly I'm jealous.

Although I've not had that mutha I have tried numerous trolleys over the years and I can honestly say that the best solution is *not* to have one. The one thing that IMHO is a bit foolhardy is to slog across all that potentially muddy (but even if it's not it's pretty unpleasant) distance with bulk liquids. I'll chuck 2 or more wine boxes or some spirits in my rucksack but fuck me if I'm going to cart crates of beer all that distance when there's plenty of decent ale, cider etc. in the bars. One extra car trip is bearable (way in only- just to get more supplies) but trolleys are usually more pain than gain.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Boris said:

I haven't got round too it yet. *boom etc.*

The one thing that IMHO is a bit foolhardy is to slog across all that potentially muddy (but even if it's not it's pretty unpleasant) distance with bulk liquids. I'll chuck 2 or more wine boxes or some spirits in my rucksack but fuck me if I'm going to cart crates of beer all that distance when there's plenty of decent ale, cider etc. in the bars. One extra car trip is bearable (way in only- just to get more supplies) but trolleys are usually more pain than gain.

Ha!

Agree on the beers thing. Get the idea to save a bit of cash but you can use spirits to load up (if that's your thing) and a couple of wine boxes and, as you say, sorted. The idea of carrying crates and crates - no ta. 

Not massively into booze so for me a few beers, a couple of G&Ts, glass of wine for the week and I'm sorted. 

Edited by semmtexx

10 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Slightly off key and not artistic but your cling film story reminds me of a time we cling filmed a colleague to a telescopic lift (basically a really high reaching forklift) now I'm talking the industrial strength cling film they wrap pallets in. Wrapped the shit outta him then wrapped him round the folks and left about 25ft in the air for about half an hour. Now before anyone busts my nuts over this he was a willing participant and we're still friends plus health and safety wasn't a big thing back then

8 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

Slightly off key and not artistic but your cling film story reminds me of a time we cling filmed a colleague to a telescopic lift (basically a really high reaching forklift) now I'm talking the industrial strength cling film they wrap pallets in. Wrapped the shit outta him then wrapped him round the folks and left about 25ft in the air for about half an hour. Now before anyone busts my nuts over this he was a willing participant and we're still friends plus health and safety wasn't a big thing back then

That stuff is seriously clingy!