field day 2019

59 minutes ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Picked up a couple of tickets for Friday in the Dice sale. Does anyone know if they usually release stage times beforehand? Trying to work out whether to take the afternoon off work or just leave around 4 

They will, only a matter of time now. They added Baba Stiltz, DEBONAIR and Jay Carder and moved a couple of acts from Sat to Fri. Guess the lineup is closed now. 

Excited for Pusha etc, but apart from Jorja which acts (rappers or otherwise) will have live instruments on stage on Saturday? Really not into MC and a laptop shit. 

1 hour ago, gregory said:

They will, only a matter of time now. They added Baba Stiltz, DEBONAIR and Jay Carder and moved a couple of acts from Sat to Fri. Guess the lineup is closed now. 

Excited for Pusha etc, but apart from Jorja which acts (rappers or otherwise) will have live instruments on stage on Saturday? Really not into MC and a laptop shit. 

Tirzah plays with 2 people (although working from a mixture of laptops, kaoss pads etc) The saturday is mostly the electronic music day, so mainly DJ's and the occassional live show by an electronic artist. I know that Octavian doesn't have live instrumentation, and I don't think Flohio does either, both of those typically are just DJ's with them MC-ing, which I guess is pretty typical of most hip-hop/grime shows.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, gregory said:

Ok, thanks. Scanning through the Saturday lineup, I think Roosevelt play live(?) 

Two more stage...

PRINTWORKS:

Bonobo (dj set) The Black Madonna
George FitzGerald Seth Troxler
Leon Vynehall Mall Grab
Actress John Talabot
Lost Souls of Saturn  Courtesy
Kelly Lee Owens Grainger
Charlotte Adigéry  

BULLDOG GIN YARD:

Erol Alkan Todd Terje (dj set)
Baba Stiltz Denis Sulta
Skee Mask DJ Seinfeld
DEBONAIR HAAi
Jay Carder Mella Dee
Fall Forward Eclair Fifi
Edited by gregory

Which means the final stage will look something like...

Modeselektor (live) Octavian
Deerhunter JPEGMAFIA
HÆLOS MorMor
Julia Holter Tirzah
Methyl Ethel Flohio
Pip Blom Marie Davidson (live)
Boy Azooga Red Axes (dj set)
  Alfie Templeman

The poster still says 'and many more' but looks pretty full to me. Friday is so much stronger than Saturday, gonna be some clashes...

25 minutes ago, gregory said:

Two more stage...

PRINTWORKS:

Leon Vynehall Mall Grab
Actress John Talabot
Kelly Lee Owens Grainger
Charlotte Adigéry  

BULLDOG GIN YARD:

Baba Stiltz Denis Sulta
Skee Mask DJ Seinfeld
DEBONAIR HAAi
Jay Carder Mella Dee
Fall Forward Eclair Fifi

I would do the clashfinder but do we know whether those are day acts or both day and night acts?

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

*sigh* 

alright then folks what are the chances of their being very cheap tickets for this? Tempted by the Saturday now that I know JPEGMAFIA, Pusha T and John Talabot don't clash

just guesswork on the 4th stage (with JPEG) so hold your horses. Official order will be out tomorrow I guess

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gregory said:

Two more stage...

PRINTWORKS:

Leon Vynehall Mall Grab
Actress John Talabot
Kelly Lee Owens Grainger
Charlotte Adigéry  

BULLDOG GIN YARD:

Baba Stiltz Denis Sulta
Skee Mask DJ Seinfeld
DEBONAIR HAAi
Jay Carder Mella Dee
Fall Forward Eclair Fifi

Hmmm waiting for the timetable, i hope Todd Terje doesn't clash with Jorja Smith!

13 hours ago, gregory said:

New Doc Martins stage announced, with Marika Hackman and others. Any recommendations from the new batch? I feel so out of touch. 

Tirzah is fantastic. I recommend Frankie Stew and Harvey Gunn for some UK hip-hop. Crows recently supported IDLES and are a decent post punk band. Flohio is also getting a lot of hype, playing some big festivals including Primavera Sound. 

10 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Do we know whether Meridian Waters train station opened as planned on Monday? Having tried to search for train information it's not showing as an active station on the National Rail journey planner yet...

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/2019/05/14/meridian-water-londons-newest-train-station-to-open-on-monday/ Now opening on the 3rd June.