field day 2019

I think Jorja Smith is a good booking for Field Day and fits in with their usual booking policies, she's certainly seen as a lot more credible than your run of the mill UK r'n'b artist and her album was really well received in critical circles. The line up does feel a touch light at the moment though, when you look at what somewhere like Lovebox put together last year, and even Field Day, I'm hoping that they have some more things to add to flesh out the line up.

1 hour ago, Noeliam said:

Any idea if this sells out? If the price increases?

I'll be in London at that time and would like to see some concerts! Friday looks better but saturday has Todd Terje!

It won't sell out I don't think, but will increase in price between now and the festival.

I wonder if Jorja or Skepta are a replacement because a friend of mine was offered a slot for Field Day and said they would be on a bill alongside Missy Elliot.

they chose to play at another London festival the same weekend and turned Field Day down

I’m guessing their offer came through a while ago so things might have changed

I live right by Tottehnam Marshes so was considering checking it out after having a Field Day hiatus for about 4 years, but not feeling inspired by the line up at all, especially with the day split. Fingers crossed for some better announcements! (Or better still, fingers crossed I get Glasto resale tickets instead....)

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I wonder if Jorja or Skepta are a replacement because a friend of mine was offered a slot for Field Day and said they would be on a bill alongside Missy Elliot.

they chose to play at another London festival the same weekend and turned Field Day down

I’m guessing their offer came through a while ago so things might have changed

Definitely think it's more likely to be Jorja Smith. In fact, I was going to ask if Jorja Smith is definitely the headliner and maybe we could be waiting for a Saturday headliner.

But I read the efestivals article and that makes it clear that Jorja is definitely the headliner.

Edited by aidenlangan95

Channel Tres has been added to the line-up and that's arguably the most exciting act on the bill for me, check out his EP if you can.

The fact this is Skepta's third London festival headline set in three years makes his booking sound incredibly unimaginative

7 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Channel Tres has been added to the line-up and that's arguably the most exciting act on the bill for me, check out his EP if you can.

The fact this is Skepta's third London festival headline set in three years makes his booking sound incredibly unimaginative

Good shout on Channel Tres - he's a good talent. Very weird to add him to the lineup just hours after the first names.

So, on the official Field Day ticket website, it says "... Late Night lineup coming soon!" for both days, and also that there is more lineup to come (for the day I assume).

Here (https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/43065), it says "...the warehouses will run until 3 AM, acting as an apt setting for Courtesy, Actress, a live set from Marie Davidson, Mall Grab, HAAi and Seth Troxler, to name a few."

So who knows what's going on. 

7 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Hm, I hope they clear up who's playing when...it'd be a bit annoying to buy day tickets hoping to see an artist, only for them to just be playing a late night slot.

Yeah, it's unacceptable for them to sell 2 types of tickets and not state who is playing when IMO. They seem to be ignoring everyone asking about it on twitter/Facebook too.

On 1/15/2019 at 4:14 PM, Noeliam said:

Any idea if this sells out? If the price increases?

I'll be in London at that time and would like to see some concerts! Friday looks better but saturday has Todd Terje!

There will be 4 Tiers of ticket prices, right now it's Tier 2. 

Also, if anyone bought 'day' tickets you can log into your account on Kaboodle and add the 'night' part as an 'add on' now.

They have changed the ticket prices and types several times this week, guess they're trying to figure out what works best but a bit of foresight wouldn't have hurt...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...