field day 2019

They copped a lot of flak for various things last year but I really appreciated them taking a punt on a soul/jazz lineup for the Friday. 

I suspect this year it will be two fairly distinct events split between day and night which will benefit the electro side of things that work less well in the day time.

It will take a high quality lineup to get me that far North though. 

must admit the new location is a bit off a ball ache. Gonna have to crash at a friends' unlike the other years where I've always just about managed to get the last train to Brighton/Southampton. Anyone else remember the madness after 2017 due to the London Bridge attack? Was proper grim that, dont think I'll ever forget it.

Edited by Guy Incognito

12 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

must admit the new location is a bit off a ball ache. Gonna have to crash at a friends' unlike the other years where I've always just about managed to get the last train to Brighton/Southampton. Anyone else remember the madness after 2017 due to the London Bridge attack. Was proper grim that, dont think I'll ever forget it.

Yeah that wasn't great. Wasn't in the right frame of mind to deal with all of that having just had my ears blown off by Aphex Twin. 

38 minutes ago, gregory said:

Yes, you're right. Getting my years mixed up. 

Gutted I missed Thundercat last year @SalviaPlath, hopefully Kamasi Washington this year maybe?

He would be high on my wishlist. Solange as well but I feel she is unlikely. I think Jon Hopkins is likely to feature in the day or night. Potentially Four Tet again after the set in the barn got cut short and with his long association with the festival.

2016 was really eclectic,  a lineup like that would not disappoint.

Confirmed through Metro: Skepta, Jorja Smith, Pusha T, Diplo, Jungle, Earl Sweatshirt, Bonobo (DJ), Octavian, Modeselektor, The Black Madonna, Deerhunter, plus loads including JPEGMAFIA, Julia Holter, Skee Mask and Todd Terje

Page 32, other acts are: Actress, Boy Azooga, Courtesy, Denis Sulta, DJ Seinfeld, Eclair Fifi, Erol Alkan, George Fitzgerald (live), HAAi, Haelos, Jessica Winter, Kelly Lee Owens, Leon Vynehall (live), Lost Souls of Saturn, Mall Grab, Marie Davidson (live), Mella Dee, Methyl Ethel, MorMor, Pip Blom, Rachel Chinouriri, Red Axes, Seth Troxler, Sinkane, The Mauskovic Dance Band

Edited by finn_with_1_n

1 hour ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Confirmed through Metro: Skepta, Jorja Smith, Pusha T, Diplo, Jungle, Earl Sweatshirt, Bonobo (DJ), Octavian, Modeselektor, The Black Madonna, Deerhunter, plus loads including JPEGMAFIA, Julia Holter, Skee Mask and Todd Terje

Page 32, other acts are: Actress, Boy Azooga, Courtesy, Denis Sulta, DJ Seinfeld, Eclair Fifi, Erol Alkan, George Fitzgerald (live), HAAi, Haelos, Jessica Winter, Kelly Lee Owens, Leon Vynehall (live), Lost Souls of Saturn, Mall Grab, Marie Davidson (live), Mella Dee, Methyl Ethel, MorMor, Pip Blom, Rachel Chinouriri, Red Axes, Seth Troxler, Sinkane, The Mauskovic Dance Band

lot of rap in that first group, crikey. I'm a little out of touch (been living in Thailand most of this decade), which of these are 'bands' / non-dance/electronic/rap? Deerhunter, Jungle, Julia Holter....

Edited by gregory

Not particularly inspiring that. It's basically a who's who of acts that have played previously. That being said I'd definitely see Pusha, Earl, Deerhunter, Skee Mask, Julia Holter, Jpegmafia, Todd.  

If that's the full line up then I'll potentially go to one of the days depending how the split is but I'm disappointed 

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

Not particularly inspiring that. It's basically a who's who of acts that have played previously

...apart from any acts that play musical instruments. There's barely a drum kit or guitar or trumpet on the lineup, which is so strange to me. Where's the jazz and indie and rock that was so well represented in the past?! & ya Earl Sweatshirt, JPEGMAFIA, DJ Seinfeld, HAAi played last year (!)

Anyway, only 40 acts announced. Guess there should be at least another 40 to come, with the day/night thing and 2 days...? 

• Upvote 1

Earl Sweatshirt actually cancelled last minute last year, so I guess that's why he's there.

I couldn't really commit to this until seeing the day splits...it's not terrible but like last year there's a lot there I'm not bothered about.

Nice to see a few more more rocky bands on the lineup, although they're so scarce I'm guessing there'll just be a 'rock' stage as opposed to having them spaced out.

15 minutes ago, gregory said:

...apart from any acts that play musical instruments. There's barely a drum kit or guitar or trumpet on the lineup, which is so strange to me. Where's the jazz and indie and rock that was so well represented in the past?! & ya Earl Sweatshirt, JPEGMAFIA, DJ Seinfeld, HAAi played last year (!)

Anyway, only 40 acts announced. Guess there should be at least another 40 to come, with the day/night thing and 2 days...? 

Agreed

11 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Nice to see a few more more rocky bands on the lineup, although they're so scarce I'm guessing there'll just be a 'rock' stage as opposed to having them spaced out.

Which bands are rocky? / Actually, which acts are bands? :) *

*not taking the piss

• Upvote 1

Website updated a little;

Saturday Late Night

For the first time ever, we’re keeping the doors open until 3am!

With a Day & Late Night ticket, you can enter the festival at 12pm and leave at 3am. You have access to the ten acres of parkland, and outdoor stages, as well as four warehouses of music, food & drinks. You also have access to the late night after-party which will take place in the warehouse location.

Day & Late Night tickets are only £15 more than a Day ticket, and are limited.

DJ line up coming very soon.

FRIDAY 7 JUNE

Skepta
Jungle
Bonobo (dj set)
Earl Sweatshirt
Modeselektor
Deerhunter
George FitzGerald
Actress
Boy Azooga
HÆlos