Buying a ticket from a local

JadeLoo

Hi,

Has anyone ever heard of purchasing a ticket from those luckily enough to live in Pilton. I've heard locals are given a select amount of tickets per household, which they can choose to use themselves or sell on to anyone...is this true...or a myth? 

Thanks!

• Downvote 1

myth. you can't sell them. They are exactly the same as everyone elses (one small detail marks them as villagers) and are tied to a registration. They have a picture and everything.

There are hundreds of people asking, notes on lamposts, through your door etc. You would have a better chance in the resale.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, pilton digger said:

myth. you can't sell them. They are exactly the same as everyone elses (one small detail marks them as villagers) and are tied to a registration. They have a picture and everything.

There are hundreds of people asking, notes on lamposts, through your door etc. You would have a better chance in the resale.

Exactly what this guy says. Leave the local tickets for local people and use the resale as your meant too. We are getting quite pissed off being hassled. If you respect the festival and the people disrupted by it them please buy your tickets in the proper manner

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

And you are spreading love with down voting how? @glastolover19 popped an upvote to cancel out the neg. 

Never realised you guys got harassed like that for tickets. Must be a right pain. 

Aww cheers mate. Yeah it can be a bit of a pain,had begging letters,people knock on door,wife had people contact her on fb. I kinda understand why but people need to get that these tickets for locals is a thank you and a sweetener for all the hassle.  

6 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

I do spread love to the people who deserve it but that doesn't extend to blaggers that hassle my friends and family ?. Take my advice if you want a local ticket then move house

As one of the unlucky many who didn’t secure a ticket in the coach/main sales (first time ever ?) I understand the desperation (now more than ever) to get into the festival .... but you can't lose your respect for the festival and it’s creators in favour of your own desperation.... we still have options (legit ones)... so still have hope ?

Edited by Meatball

Pretty ignorant not to realise the local tickets are for locals tbh. Not pointing fingers at anybody on here, but hearing that people pester locals by putting things through their door and on FB is pretty disgraceful. Anybody doing that sort of thing is the sort of person who doesn't deserve to go.

1 hour ago, Meatball said:

As one of the unlucky many who didn’t secure a ticket in the coach/main sales (first time ever ?) I understand the desperation (now more than ever) to get into the festival .... but you can't lose your respect for the festival and it’s creators in favour of your own desperation.... we still have options (legit ones)... so still have hope ?

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Pretty ignorant not to realise the local tickets are for locals tbh. Not pointing fingers at anybody on here, but hearing that people pester locals by putting things through their door and on FB is pretty disgraceful. Anybody doing that sort of thing is the sort of person who doesn't deserve to go.

Couldn't have put it better myself guys. Like I have previously said those tickets are a thank you for the disruption and unfortunately what a lot don't of folks don't understand is that by pissing off the locals they will just stop supporting the fest and if you loose that support then it would become a real possibility the fest will no longer exist. Anyone who knows their history will know the trouble M.E has had getting locals on side. If you love the fest then please respect it's rules

4 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

Aww cheers mate. Yeah it can be a bit of a pain,had begging letters,people knock on door,wife had people contact her on fb. I kinda understand why but people need to get that these tickets for locals is a thank you and a sweetener for all the hassle.  

That is just outrageous behaviour. Obviously it's a thank you to the locals what with all the disruption especially with traffic. We're friends with a few locals and have stayed in Pilton on the Tuesday before the festival and it would still never cross my mind to ask them for help with a ticket other than help like everyone else with F5. 

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

That is just outrageous behaviour. Obviously it's a thank you to the locals what with all the disruption especially with traffic. We're friends with a few locals and have stayed in Pilton on the Tuesday before the festival and it would still never cross my mind to ask them for help with a ticket other than help like everyone else with F5. 

Yes unfortunately some people do trying taking the piss and the thing I find frustrating is they either don't understand or too arrogant to care that they potentially could jeopardise things because of it. Anyways sod em,cider?

24 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Yes unfortunately some people do trying taking the piss and the thing I find frustrating is they either don't understand or too arrogant to care that they potentially could jeopardise things because of it. Anyways sod em,cider?

One of the things that bugs me the most about visiting Somerset is that cider makes me so ill. Tried drinking it as a youngster and could never keep it down. Just makes me ill smelling it. I would just love being able to try the incredible scrumpy but I daren't risk it. 

Will happily raise a toast of something liquid at the efests meet though. :D

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

One of the things that bugs me the most about visiting Somerset is that cider makes me so ill. Tried drinking it as a youngster and could never keep it down. Just makes me ill smelling it. I would just love being able to try the incredible scrumpy but I daren't risk it. 

Will happily raise a toast of something liquid at the efests meet though. :D

I must confess I don't drink,I'll occasionaly have 1 but not a drinker,probably haven't had a sesh for about 10years or so. A bit boring I know but just don't really enjoy it,I favour the devils lettuce tbh(hey don't judge,we all got vices lol) But by all means I will most certainly buy you a glass of your tipple and raise my glass of oj to you.