Sundara Karma

Skelts

This band just popped up on a random Spotify playlist. New to me. Liking what I hear, I stick their album on and wonder if they’re likely to play GF next year. 

Turns out they were there last year. And so was I, doh! Anyone go to see them? Want to tell me how good they were live/rub it in a bit?!

Any chance they’ll play again next year? (ticket gods were good to me again)

I'd guess they're the kind of band they could stick on most stages and they wouldn't look too out of place. Seen them a couple of times and they're pretty good, at Community this year they did seem a bit like they didn't want to be there. So if you do get to see them hopefully they'll be in a good mood.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:13 PM, Skelts said:

This band just popped up on a random Spotify playlist. New to me. Liking what I hear, I stick their album on and wonder if they’re likely to play GF next year. 

Turns out they were there last year. And so was I, doh! Anyone go to see them? Want to tell me how good they were live/rub it in a bit?!

Any chance they’ll play again next year? (ticket gods were good to me again)

They played last year. Seen them a couple of times... very good if a bit wet. Be surprised if they don't play next year. 

49 minutes ago, Havors said:

They played last year. Seen them a couple of times... very good if a bit wet. Be surprised if they don't play next year. 

14 hours ago, briddj said:

Seen them a few times at festivals now. Very early on JP last year and had a decent crowd. Expect they might do a Circa Waves and graduate to mid/late afternoon JP next year. 

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:17 PM, kingcrawler said:

They were pretty decent last year, nothing too exciting but solid enough. I wouldn't worry about missing it anyway! 

They're probably quite an easy and cheap booking for the festival so if they have a new album out there's a decent chance they'll be booked next year I guess.

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep an eye out for them.  Saw that they were in JP Sunday lunchtime last year and I think I was somewhere over in the Park at that time, probably in the Bimble Inn, drinking my breakfast :)

Saw them at JP last time.   They were good.   It's quite standard indie-pop by numbers but they're good at it.    They were much better on the Reading main stage the year before.   I get the impression that they were a bit disappointed by the album under performing after all the Radio 1 and festival support.

50 minutes ago, RyanS said:

Saw them at JP last time.   They were good.   It's quite standard indie-pop by numbers but they're good at it.    They were much better on the Reading main stage the year before.   I get the impression that they were a bit disappointed by the album under performing after all the Radio 1 and festival support.

I went to watch them on the JP and didn't find out until afterwards the album had already been out five months. Something clearly went wrong on promo. Charting at 24 in the first week of January for a new release has to be considered hugely disappointing. 

3 hours ago, briddj said:

I went to watch them on the JP and didn't find out until afterwards the album had already been out five months. Something clearly went wrong on promo. Charting at 24 in the first week of January for a new release has to be considered hugely disappointing. 

Absolutely.   The 1st week of January was clearly picked as release week for an easy top 10.   Nobody could have been pleased with the result.

Full of bangers though if a bit over-produced.

• 7 months later...