Silver Hayes on late...

DJ Cull

17 hours ago, Mardy said:

You used to get asked riddle or something to get in, but i’ve not been up there for years. I loved it, but then it became a victim of its own success, long queues, hard to get served cos it was so busy etc. It’s now the sort of place the Eavii take people to show them what Glastonbury’s like. But i saw one of my favourite ever sets there, the Age of Glass one Sunday lunchtime. Gloriously unhinged.

Totally that. We got in there one of the first years and it was madness, the bar was a sort of free for all/help yourself type thing, people all over the place and one girl we met swore she had been in there for 2 days 

If there was better late night stuff on at silver hayes that would be great as I usually camp close to gate a. I've had one great night there seeing maceo plex at the blues. However when i have previously tried to spend time there I agree with others on how the atmosphere there just doesn't sit right and haven't spent much time there even with the proximity of it to my camp site

The Blues is the only good part of it. Though I ended up at the silent disco in the sonic tent once or twice as I think it ran until 7am last year? It would need a lot of work I think to make it as big a draw as the SEC, I doubt they'll do much, probably just throw in a few bigger names and hope for the best.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Just been thinking about potential improvements to Silver Hayes. If they removed a lot of the dead stages like Sonic, could they fit a steelyard type structure in that field like they have at Creamfields and Victoria Park? 

SY.jpg

Hope it doesnt get like the UFO stage at Dekmantel coz that’s ends up unbearablely hot. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Hope it doesnt get like the UFO stage at Dekmantel coz that’s ends up unbearablely hot. 

It was ok last May but 2010 Glastonbury type weather might be a different story! 

There was a similar structure at Mad Cool this year, a bit smaller and that was perfectly fine. Granted the festival only got going around 6pm but it was still shorts and t-shirt at 3am.

3 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

Field Day promoted their 'Barn' stage with a similar photo for this year's festival. The reality was the tent was a fraction of the size of that shown in the photo, most of the day you couldn't get anywhere near it!

Yeah, I guess a one-off event is sold to suit the capacity. What's it like at Creamfields?

On 10/16/2018 at 11:02 PM, Penrhos said:

They should nick TiTP's "King Tut's tent" (as they won't be needing it now the festival's been scrapped) much better than sonic and it'd keep the sound in better too.

Maybe plop Arcadia's Afterburner in the middle of the area instead of the spider up on the hill where they can't turn the music up loud.

They use King Tut's at TRNSMT. But those tents are available from wholesaler gig tent manufacturers, so would be worth looking at one if you want a late night large capacity indoor area at Glastonbury.